• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Anime: Fused Zamasu and the Rival Danger Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay so this could be the worst idea I've ever conceived for all I know, but I really cannot just sit on this any longer after seeing this. So, hear me out on this:

Fused Zamasu is stronger than Beerus.

Now, I know what you may be thinking. "That's ridiculous. There's no way, right?" And I get it. I've seen people debate if Ultra Instinct Goku is stronger than Beerus (the answer is yes he is btw), so if that's being debated, how could Fused Zamasu be superior? Well, let me introduce you all to something that - after searching through the forum for more time than I really should've - has never been mentioned:

The Rival Danger Scale

Now, what is the Rival Danger Scale? Essentially, it's the editorial department's ranking of all the antagonists in Dragon Ball Super prior to the Tournament of Power Arc, based on how "dangerous" they are. Linked here is the Rival Danger Scale. As you can see, the rankings are from one to twelve stars, and the characters present are as follows: Beerus, Vegeta, Golden Frieza, Champa, Hit, Goku Black, and Fused Zamasu.

Now, keep in mind: "more dangerous" does not necessarily mean stronger. In fact, the number of stars each character has is pretty irrelevant to this thread. For instance, Vegeta (despite having pummeled Goku Black by the end of the Future Trunks Arc) is only given a ranking of 3 stars compared to Goku Black's 12 stars. This is because "danger" represents the threat level the character has toward the living world. Despite his strength, Vegeta is not much of a danger to the world by this metric since he's settled down, started a family, and has overall become accustomed to life on Earth.

So, why is this important? Fused Zamasu has 12 stars, but like I said, the stars aren't actually important.

Well, Fused Zamasu has this statement right here:

"The form Goku Black and Zamasu reach after merging via the Potara. He is so strong that others cannot even approach him."

You could say that the statement of others being unable to even approach him is hyperbolic, sure, but the fact that Fused Zamasu's strength is so noteworthy, even more so than the likes of Beerus and Champa, should indicate that he is superior to them. Also, "approach him" could just not be literal, but rather more like "approach him in terms of power," which would further cement his power being above Beerus and Champa.

As such, I propose that Fused Zamasu be scaled to "At most 2-C" via scaling above the likes of Beerus and Champa. This would also affect Vegito Blue, Suppressed Jiren, Ultra Instinct Sign Goku, Post-Ultra Instinct Sign SSB Goku (+ Super Hero SSB Goku), Anilaza, Android 17's Barriers and Self-Destruction, SSB Evolved Vegeta, Broly Saga and Super Hero SSB Vegeta, SSJ2 Kefla, God of Destruction Toppo, Post-ToP Golden Frieza, Wrath DBS Broly, SSJ DBS Broly, Base and SSJ DBS Gogeta, Super Hero Piccolo, and Super Hero Gohan.

So this actually turned out to be a pretty massive revision. But, I think it's very noteworthy, especially seeing as this topic seems to have not been discussed before.

Of course, I could also be missing something, and this thread might just be an absolute botch job. However, I feel like you never know unless you try, so... here's hoping I guess. Also, as this may be controversial, let's please keep things civil. At the end of the day, it's just fiction, so we don't need to kill each other over this.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:
@Hasty12345

Inb4 I wake up and suddenly the thread's closed

Last edited:
Interesting argument, I’m neutral for now.

but I do think a discussion is worth having.

I disagree. The scale isn't valid for the reasons you brought up and that statement sounds like a hyperbole to hype him up. He lost two beamstruggles and got his ass kicked by Kaioken x10 Goku.
And Beerus and Sidra were capable of killing Golden Frieza who was stated to be equal to that Goku. So this can't be taken literally.

There are also other statements that contradict MZ > Beerus like Whis and Surpreme Kai saying that surpressed Jiren is stronger than anyone they have ever met and saying that he is GoD-tier ( in his surpressed state that is considered above MZ)

I really agree with, Vegetto in the anime had a quote of being superior to Beerus and Zamasu was on equal terms with him, after being split into 2 Zamasu became the Universe itself, and a being of one higher dimension, infinite Zamasu must be scaled above Beerus, Beerus has no way to interact with Zamasu nor win, so I completely agree with OP

On what basis is the statement canonical?

Because this seems to indicate it's not written by the creators of the series:

We’re looking back on all the rivals who have traded blows with Goku, while displaying the V-Jump editorial department’s own personal degrees of danger for them.

Stars really are weird in this, but statement works. But is the statement backed by authors? If yes, or at least doesn't contradict, then I agree.

I'm neutral leaning toward disagreeing for now.

If the stars themselves aren't meant to be taken literally I doubt the statements are. Vegito Blue did "approach" him in power as did KK10x Blue Goku to an extent so unless the statement was only referring to the other rivals this wouldn't be correct.

And even then it's doubtful since it would undermine the narrative for Jiren during the TOP being a Mortal that surpasses a GOD. If Goku could already fight someone(to an extent) who a GOD couldn't even approach in power then Whis and the other GODs wouldn't be hyping up Jiren as if he were the only one this applied to especially since they already watched SSB Goku fight Toppo.

Also, Post-TOP Goku claims after their fight that Broly might be stronger than Beerus so Zamasu would have to be far stronger than Broly too which doesn't really make sense.

I really agree with, Vegetto in the anime had a quote of being superior to Beerus and Zamasu was on equal terms with him, after being split into 2 Zamasu became the Universe itself, and a being of one higher dimension, infinite Zamasu must be scaled above Beerus, Beerus has no way to interact with Zamasu nor win, so I completely agree with OP
pretty sure the Vegito statement is from the Manga but I'd have to check. Also, Beerus could interact with Infinite Zamasu by just destroying the universe he's merged with something he should be very capable of doing.

pretty sure the Vegito statement is from the Manga but I'd have to check. Also, Beerus could interact with Infinite Zamasu by just destroying the universe he's merged with something he should be very capable of doing.
I think it was mentioned in the anime too, but I'll see it right, I don't know if just destroying the universe will help Beerus, it takes means to affect Zamasu and something he doesn't have

I'm neutral leaning toward disagreeing for now.

If the stars themselves aren't meant to be taken literally I doubt the statements are. Vegito Blue did "approach" him in power as did KK10x Blue Goku to an extent so unless the statement was only referring to the other rivals this wouldn't be correct.

And even then it's doubtful since it would undermine the narrative for Jiren during the TOP being a Mortal that surpasses a GOD. If Goku could already fight someone(to an extent) who a GOD couldn't even approach in power then Whis and the other GODs wouldn't be hyping up Jiren as if he were the only one this applied to especially since they already watched SSB Goku fight Toppo.

Also, Post-TOP Goku claims after their fight that Broly might be stronger than Beerus so Zamasu would have to be far stronger than Broly too which doesn't really make sense.
I believe there is a quote about Goku blue being at the weakest level of Gods in the TOP pre-match

I think it was mentioned in the anime too, but I'll see it right, I don't know if just destroying the universe will help Beerus, it takes means to affect Zamasu and something he doesn't have
I skimmed through DBS ep 66 which was the Vegito stuff and yeah that quote isn't in the anime but you're definitely welcome to check.

I mean destroying every universe in the timeline is how Zeno got rid of Infinite Zamasu. And I don't think that necessarily means he would have needed to destroy all of the universes to deal with Infinite Zamasu since he was only merged with U7. You could argue because of how different Zeno's erasure is to Beerus just destroying the universe maybe it would be different and Zamasu would still exist but I don't see a reason he would since Universe 7 was essentially his body. Especially if Beerus is using Hakai.

Last edited:
I skimmed through DBS ep 66 which was the Vegito stuff and yeah that quote isn't in the anime but you're definitely welcome to check.

I mean destroying every universe in the timeline is how Zeno got rid of Infinite Zamasu. And I don't think that necessarily means he would have needed to destroy all of the universes to deal with Infinite Zamasu since he was only merged with U7. You could argue because of how different Zeno's erasure would be to Beerus just destroying the universe maybe it would be different and Zamasu would still exist but I don't see a reason he would since Universe 7 was essentially his body.
Well, if you checked it out and you haven't, please disregard my word that Vegetto is above beerus in the anime

But about beerus I find it very interesting, but somehow I still doubt he can do something with Zamasu, well... To be more clear, I think Zamasu merged with the whole timeline, post Zamas appeared in the present and was already going to dominate that line, which means two things, either he swallowed all 12 Universes at once or simply Zamasu just merged with Universe 7, but somehow, I think he merged with the whole line, because there was no reason for Zeno'oh to erase the entire timeline, there were several times that Zeno'oh used his head to just eliminate the Universes that are having problems, but anyway this is for another CRT

What about two Supreme Kais (who work with the GoDs) stating he was a god behind their comprehension and Vegeta saying he'd never felt such Ki before? Shouldn't that make him GoD tier (IIRC all GoDs are at most 2-C).

But about beerus I find it very interesting, but somehow I still doubt he can do something with Zamasu, well... To be more clear, I think Zamasu merged with the whole timeline, post Zamas appeared in the present and was already going to dominate that line, which means two things, either he swallowed all 12 Universes at once or simply Zamasu just merged with Universe 7, but somehow, I think he merged with the whole line, because there was no reason for Zeno'oh to erase the entire timeline, there were several times that Zeno'oh used his head to just eliminate the Universes that are having problems, but anyway this is for another CRT
I could see that. definitely depends on if there are any blatant counterarguments but yeah topic for another thread.

I dunno.. I mean Broly was only “might be” stronger then beerus, and he’s stupidly stronger then broly Movie Goku, whos stronger then Top Goku, who is only a little weaker then Jiren according to Superhero vegeta, and jirens above IZ. Who of course is above FZ.

iirc fighting two-half 2-Cs wouldn't be baseline 2-C

But if it could be proved that Jiren was stronger than two half 2-Cs combined that would probably work. That's how Whis got his rating after all.
Remember jiren stomped blue kaioken x20 goku, blue evolution vegeta and Android 17

0:54

Tbh I'm kinda confused about OP's proposal. If Fused Zamasu is already GoD tier, and SSB Goku managed to fight him briefly (albeit with extreme effort from Goku and also Kaioken.). Wouldn't the GoDs at Zeno Expo freak out that there's this U7 mortal who's ALSO stronger than a GoD?

iirc fighting two-half 2-Cs wouldn't be baseline 2-C

But if it could be proved that Jiren was stronger than two half 2-Cs combined that would probably work. That's how Whis got his rating after all.
For what's its worth, Jiren tanked a beam from SSBKKX20 Goku, SSBE Vegeta, and Android 17 at the same time. The first two being half 2-C (maybe 17 too.)

Inb4 "Zamasu was holding back against Goku"
Tbh given how little power increase Vegito Blue seems to have over SSB Goku. This seems likely, either that or the boost Zamasu gets from being corrupted even further is comparable to that of a Potara fusion (which judging from Kefla is an SSG level multiplier.)

now that I'm looking at it. it does say the V-Jumps "personal" danger scale so this wasn't even a collab with Toei this is all their opinion of the anime scaling.

Could this be used for Manga justification? kinda doubt it since they were very clearly talking about the anime

Tbh my main gripe with Fused Zamasu and SSBKK Goku being comparable to GoDs is that the ToP makes a massive deal about this one mortal (Jiren) who surpasses a God of Destruction, and how Goku's Ultra Instinct surpasses them too. If ToP SSB Goku is already comparable or even exceeds a GoD in power, every single GoD would notice that and say something about it.

Actually, I think Goku from the Battle of Gods Saga should be 2-C, since the Danger Scale stated that "Beerus is interested in the Super Saiyan God, with power on par with his own".
Disagree with OP for Null's reasons, plus the fact that Beerus was unafraid of Zamasu (keep in mind that Jiren's casual aura had this guy shook), and that Fused Zamasu has no real solid scaling to Beerus in the anime.

Manga Zamasu does, but Anime doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back