• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode Discussion Thread 64: I broke Red's Streak (huehue) and it's time for the bittersweet ending of Super.

If Freeza won, or Jiren won, and wished for something selfish, Zeno would have erased everything

I was so hyped for this episode, and it did not disappoint.

I might be a little biased, but Freeza was pretty much the star of the episode.

Freeza's lines to Jiren about shattered strength were top-tier, as was the ultimate ToP finisher with SSJ Goku and 100% Freeza beating Jiren off the ledge. Freeza choosing to trust Goku in an attempt at self-sacrifice was a surprising development and character building moment for him. Of course, he's still an evil bastard, but he's like one level of infinity less of an evil bastard now.

Well, this are my conclusions.

Android 17 is still the MVP

Freeza is still an evil bastard

Zeno is still a dick

The angels still get power ups

Goku still doesnt know what UI is and he "doesnt have it"

Jiren will still be a major character in the future.

Theres more stuff but i dont want to waste my time typing it.

Don't forget there is the possibility of someone not considering not wishing everyone back because they already considered that Zeno made up his mind on not reviving them back first.

So what was the wording of 17's wish exactly?

I am hoping to see universes 13-18 for a change.

17's wish was vague enough for the dragon to wish every universe Zeno erased back. Also Frieza got some major character development, even if he chooses to deny ti. :^)

Ryukama said:
"Not wishing back the universes is selfish and evil. But destroying them in the first place is perfectly fine!" - Zeno
I'm just imagining Zeno thinking that everyone knew that the winner was going to wish the universes back the whole time, and being completely confused at why everyone is freaking out over massive scale genocide.

This is my sorta headcanon.

Zeno lost faith in the shitty low rank universes so he was planning on destroying them.

Then Goku comes along and makes Zeno view them differently.

So Zeno decides to use this fun tournament he wants to hold as a way to test if the mortals are really worth it.

He's leaning towards them actually being good and that the winner will restore the universes. If Zeno is proven wrong and the winner actually gave a selfish wish, Zeno would've lost faith in the mortals for good and destroy the universes.

17 wishing them back restores Zeno's faith in the mortals.

I mainly get this from the statement of Zeno finding Goku to be special, him thinking Goku can things and that the mortals can change.

Badboybilly1000 said:
For some reason it looks like the writters admited that ui was a asspull
Thats a nice way to keep MUI goku and jiren relavent. If the interview is anything to go by, jiren being stated to be gokus greatest rival is actually something to go by.

@Peter

Remember that was a Post-MUI Goku the Future Warrior fought... The fact we forced him back to MUI again... Means via breaking his limits, he's far superior to his previous MUI level... Yeah. And... we stalemated him.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Peter

Remember that was a Post-MUI Goku the Future Warrior fought... The fact we forced him back to MUI again... Means via breaking his limits, he's far superior to his previous MUI level... Yeah. And... we stalemated him.
I'm also pretty sure Post-MUI Base Goku > Pre-Jiren SSB so yeah Future Warrior is super op.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Peter
Interesting but remember that Xenoverse isn't canon to DBS.

So Whis can just resurrect people? Doesn't that kinda make the already miniscule consequence of death in Dragon Ball even smaller?

Frieza and 17 vs Jiren in the start was good. I loved how Freeza treated Jiren, totally in his character lol.

Then Jiren got a nakama boost as he realised that Toppo always saw him as a friend while he himself didn't care about him. Toppo still trusted Jiren's power when even Jiren didn't trust his own. That boost was short lived and knocked the Golden out of Freeza.

Then Goku rose up and base Goku, 17 and base Freeza together cancelled Jiren's atack. I loved Freeza's character development that he gave up his plan of manipulating the gods as he trusted Goku that he'll resurrect him. I never expected Freeza to take the fall for the team and trust anyone else, even though it was because of his selfish reasons

Then base Goku started turning ON/OFF like a light bulb as he tried to turn into a Super Saiyan. Seeing ssj Goku and base Frieza working together after Namek, oh boy who would have thought. It caught me aff guard.

There was a great moment when U11 was getting erased, for Jiren's character. Jiren finally realised that nakama power is the GOAT. And Goku changed yet another character.

I'm glad 17 didn't wish for his boat lol. Seeing Goku and maybe Vegeta in the stands should've reminded him of their wishes. Beerus gave Freeza a gift of resurrection lol. Seeing all the universes, especially U6 and U11 was a good sight. I wonder if all of them found out that it was U7 who made that wish.

The ending was really nostalgic. We all knew Bulma was gonna give 17 the cruise he wanted. Everyone reunited with their families, inclluding Piccolo lol. I love how Vegeta got angry at Goku when Pan hit him LMAO. And Lord Emperor Freeza Sama will be back.

The only thing which I didn't like is 3v1 is not very Goku-like

Stopped liking DB a while ago but gotta say this episode 131 is one of the best. The teamwork was great and 17s character is nice and fitting. I personally hope the next series will be focused on Goten and Trunks following their parents footsteps but having their own distinct characters and personallity

Dragonmasterxyz said:
>Caulifla comes back
>"Let's reach Super Saiyan 3!!!!!!"

I bet that's all she was thinking about while she was nonexistent.
>Proceeds to give Caulifla Mid-Godly regen

@Stryk3r I know Xenoverse isn't canon.... But It sure is ridiculous to know how far the Future Warrior has gone since his debut. I also realized how [busted] he would be if he ever crossed over with Super.

@Peter ....HMMM ?! I agree that FW is super OP, but where did you come from that conclusion ?

@AKM... Ah... Summed up my thoughts exactly about 131.

Ryukama said:
So Whis can just resurrect people? Doesn't that kinda make the already miniscule consequence of death in Dragon Ball even smaller?
Not really. He only resurrected Frieza because Beerus told him too. And Beerus' reason was that he did well in the torunament. Beerus won't be letting Whis help others for no reason

Furthermore, in the GB arc, they said they had something better than the mafuba, and to "Not rely on gods" so i doubt they will help that much

But of course. Plot will make them XD

Vegeta asked Goku what happened to Ultra Instinct. Goku said he lost it and him doing it in the tournament was an accident. Guess he won't be able to unlock it under a lot of circumstances anymore

I think we all know Whis doesn't really have to follow Beerus's orders. Though I do guess they will continue to stay neutral.

This was last weeks. Wonder what it'll be like this week.

And you all probably know that DBS surpassed Gundam and became #1 in sales this year, after it was #2 last year.

Capturee

Vegeta and Goku's talk implied that Goku can no longer achieve Ultra Instinct. And as a result they said they will gain a power stronger than Ultra Instinct

MUI is DBS DBH Goku. There are 4 Goku's in DBH. DBH is currently in the ToP arc. The DBS timeline is considered the correct timeline, but the one with Xeno Goku is where all the plot is. I'm pretty sure he can't enter it at will

Nah, Jiren's strength was "shattered"

AKM sama said:
Nah, Jiren's strength was "shattered"
Then in a couple seconds later he was reformed. So...

And btw. I really loved todays jiren. He was given infinitley more personality in every single frame this episode than te entire tournament. Guess he will comtinue to rival gokus max further down the line. Goku implied they both got stronger fighting each other. And im certain jiren will obtain greater power, maybe even UI itself

Back