• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Anime: Fused Zamasu and the Rival Danger Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too general.
Yes, because that's how words work. It's on you to prove it refers to a specific subset, instead of being used like literally any normal-speaking person would use it.
It isn't "too general", it's how the word is used.
Also, the only ones that actually approached (and reached) Fused Zamasu in power were Vegito Blue and Sword of Hope Trunks (as Fused Zamasu was still much stronger than the trio of Saiyans).
Yes, so the statement is demonstrably, objectively, and blatantly false.
Being stronger than 3 dudes who are fodder to Beerus isn't an indication of being above Beerus, nor does it mean that him getting beat into the dirt by other things doesn't invalidate the statement anyway.
Something else supporting the fact that it's as specific as I'm saying is that this issue of V-Jump was released on November 21, 2016. At this time, the most recent episode of Dragon Ball Super was the final episode of the Future Trunks Arc (with Infinite Zamasu and all that), having released on November 20th.
My brother in Christ you really using a statement to argue that Merged Zamasu > Beerus, based on the beliefs of people who have no say, based on merely the most recent thing at the time, BEFORE Beerus and lads could come back in and prove that they were, in fact, still stronger, which is what ends up happening anyway?
My dude.
You realize the statement is basically the equivalent to some dude watching an anime, seeing the most recent villain in action and going "wow! so strong! he must be the strongest!", the day the episode comes out, even though shortly thereafter we learn that wasn't the case?

That alone straight up invalidates the whole of it, and even the slightest contradiction after the fact tosses it out the window.
First off, it's not as if Beerus and Champa were getting stronger throughout the fight. They're never shown to be able to do that. As such, they were letting off that 2-C level energy from the onset of the fight, and Vegeta felt that. Classic case of AP =/= DC
Actually, they have shown to do that, hell even in the fight against BoG Goku, Beerus was slowly using more and more power, bit by bit, it's something anyone in DBZ can do, and often does within a fight.
And no, it's called escalation, the fight was escalating, but it was stopped before it could get to that point, as if it did get to that point, both worlds would be gone. We know that the longer they fight, the less they care about collateral. All Whis and Vados did was snip it in the bud, if you're arguing they immediately lead with 2-C power, then the universes would have been destroyed as the peak of their power is the destruction of both universes and is evidently not something that they can just hold back as if they could, Whis and Vados wouldn't really care if they bickered yet only a room was destroyed, the fact that such a thing had yet to occur is all the proof that's needed they hadn't reached that point yet.

It does in fact support the OP, as both prove Fused Zamasu's superiority over Beerus.
No, it doesn't, because they're two completely unrelated topics, what Vegeta says has absolutely no bearing on what a bunch of random viewers like yourself say. They might corroborate each other in a vacuum, but that ignores the context around both statements, and why one can't be used regardless of any potential backing elsewhere.
You're also ignoring everything that comes after arguing this, it's by no coincidence almost everyone in this thread has mentioned how both the ToP and following arcs don't align with this viewpoint.
Slightly related, but it'd still be impressive for Jiren and Broly to be superior to Beerus, as those two are standalone mortals, while Fused Zamasu is a fusion between two gods.
Except everyone would be superior to Beerus at this point, not just them. And Broly is "maybe" above Beerus, yet he'd have to be magnitudes above him if Merged Zamasu was already unapproachable in power comparatively.

Goku is also way, way, way, way beyond the scope of his power in the FT Arc. If Merged Zamasu > Beerus, that means, unironically, Goku in a form tens of times weaker than just his non-UI state come ToP, is above Beerus already and can throw hands with him just fine, even though we know, for a fact, anything below UI gets throttled by Beerus.
Would also ultimately end up having things like Kefla or Anilaza scale above Beerus.
As far as I can tell, both the anime and the manga are written by Toriyama,
Yes, and Toyotaro and Toei then proceed to flesh it out to their liking. They get a rough outline with key plot points, how they reach those plot points or the details within is up to them. Many things, especially scaling, differs between them, an obvious one is Kefla being Ultimate Gohan level in the manga, but incomparably above him and more powerful than UI2 Goku in raw power in the anime.
and not only does V-Jump post things like this as official information (which they would continue to do going into the Universe Survival Saga), but it's the editorial board in particular, which reviews the material before publishing it.
It is official information, but being official doesn't mean it's canonical.

This means nothing in regards to Toei, at b e s t you can say that MAYBE it's a good statement for the manga, but the manga already has that Vegito > Beerus line, so it's nothing new, and it's already established they're talking about the anime in particular, meaning it can't even be used for that.

All this line is, is the manga editorial or whatever watching the most recent super episodes and going "wow, zamasu strong!", and saying "yeah, we personally think he's unapproachable in power", and then getting promptly proven wrong down the line.
This means they'd have an understanding of the sheer threat level of these characters.
No it doesn't, because they aren't Toei, and you just brought up the threat levels again.
They don't matter, you've already said your argument isn't the threat levels, that they don't matter, and already agreed that the number of stars has zero relation to raw PL, so even if they did understand, this doesn't validate your argument as you've already conceded the stars aren't related to raw power in the first place.
And even then, it's said that the editorial department is only giving their degrees of danger, so while this could extend to the statements, it's not guaranteed.
It's evidently both.
You can't just assume that the stars are merely personal belief, but everything else is 100% solid fact. If it was, why would the stars be a personal opinion if they had access to such concrete information from Toei? At that point just post actual info instead of what they think?
It wouldn't make sense, you'd have to prove the statements are applicable to Toei canon despite coming from a source with no say, and that only stars aren't headcanon (even thou the personal belief thing kinda covers the whole of the page, nothing even implies it's just the threat ranking).

As far as I can tell, this is a statement from people who don't have any say, made with recency bias, before the fuckton of new information from following arcs was said, from a personal belief no less they themselves admitted.
Being used for material they have no say in.
This a statement that even if they had a say, is blatantly proven wrong as both Vegito and Trunks' attack absolutely wash Zamasu in power, and despite your claims that "others" is referring to such a small group of like 5 dudes maximum, you'd have to actually prove such a thing, as the word "others" has no indication of such, notwithstanding what would actually matter is the raw japanese said and its exact meaning, not an english fantranslation of the word.
You also have to basically ignore the whole Broly movie and ToP to go with this line of reasoning, you'd also get funny meme stuff like Toppo > Beerus.

The only thing that has any merit would be Vegeta's line, who never actually felt or seen the 2-C power from Beerus, and the fight he seen was stopped before it could even really begin.
You agree that AP =/= DC, yet you use DC as evidence that they were just warming up in Episode 28.
AP=/=DC, but not in this case, as THE DC in question is the feat itself, and why they had to be stopped before they progressed further in the first place. Null elaborates better on this than I have.
The first instance was a combined attack, and the second was from Goku using more power than he could reasonably muster (as showcased by the attack taking out his arms)

Also, Zamasu was effortlessly beating Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks just prior
If he was unapproachable in power, none of that would happen to begin with, especially by those who Beerus fodderizes.

I’m not even going to address the stuff regarding the Rival Danger Scale since I’ve already conceded on the legitimacy of it.

However, as far as Vegeta’s statement is concerned, you’d have to assume that Beerus and Champa were using an infinitesimally small fraction of their power when their fight began, despite the beef they have with each other and the lack of definite evidence of them doing so (the 2-C feat is simply an overtime feat, given the fact that in both cases where they fought, it was starting to happen and they were simply stopped). The reason you’d have to assume as such is because even a small fraction of infinity (as 2-C levels of AP is infinite) is still infinity

I can tell by your response that you’re probably annoyed with the kinds of arguments I’ve made, so I appreciate you still putting up with them and responding accordingly.

I’m not even going to address the stuff regarding the Rival Danger Scale since I’ve already conceded on the legitimacy of it.
then dont bring it back up
However, as far as Vegeta’s statement is concerned, you’d have to assume that Beerus and Champa were using an infinitesimally small fraction of their power when their fight began,
Yes. Or, just assume they aren't using full power, because no matter how you slice it, they aren't using the full brunt of their 2-C power, this isn't up for debate as the 2-C feat is the direct result of them fighting. If they were using their 2-C power then the universes would have been destroyed. The fact they weren't, means they hadn't yet reached that point yet. There is no in-between.
We only rate them 2-C to begin under the context that if they were to go all out in a fight, they'd destroy both universes. this is also how the feat is presented as well, why they aren't allowed to fight in the first place, and why Whis and Vados stopped them, so it didn't happen.

The lack of a 2-C feat within the scene is the proof they had yet to reach 2-C power, now while DBZ doesn't always work on DC=AP, in this particular instance, the end result is the feat itself. There is no "they were using 2-C power, they were just using ki control" or "they were 2-C in power even then", as if the former was true then the worlds wouldn't even be at risk as they'd have such ludicrous ki control that the whole reason why they're forbidden from fighting is a moot point and there's no risk involved, and if the latter, has the same issues as the former.
despite the beef they have with each other and the lack of definite evidence of them doing so (the 2-C feat is simply an overtime feat, given the fact that in both cases where they fought, it was starting to happen and they were simply stopped).
They hate each other, but they also have a responsibility, know they'll get in shit, and we actively see in every fight with them, even in other ones involving them, that there's demonstrable escalation going on, even if minor.

If you're arguing it's an overtime feat, they shouldn't even be 2-C to begin with given how, at the rate they were going, it would have take untold countless millennia to even engulf a galaxy let alone two universes. Matter of the fact is, escalation is all but shown.

The reason you’d have to assume as such is because even a small fraction of infinity (as 2-C levels of AP is infinite) is still infinity
Brother, me and you both know that while that's how it works for us, in DBZ that isn't how it works, and a linear multiplicative power increase of a finite degree is able to cross our wiki-defined infinite gap.
This is an issue with how we do things, conflating with a verse that straight up doesn't care, but we can't just pretend the verse treats it that way to get funny big numbers to list. Pretty sure we've even had CRT's to basically just ignore our discrepancy with it and not to rate characters holding back like Beerus, MUI Goku and so on to lower ones. Dudes like Jiren and Goku are doubly bad, Goku legit crossed an infinite power gap with like a no-shit 20x kaioken, same with Vegeta with Blue Evolution. Or Kale and Kefla, fusing and having their power multiplied dozens of times (stated), breaching an infinite gap into the next tier. It just be like it do.

I'd also like to point out, Beerus can and has actually done that in the BoG arc, so he literally can, he can be 3-A, Low 2-C or 2-C, or even below that. Beerus can hold back however much he wants.

I can tell by your response that you’re probably annoyed with the kinds of arguments I’ve made, so I appreciate you still putting up with them and responding accordingly.
Not annoyed, more so wondering why you're using a statement by people who literally have no say as an argument, you're better off ignoring it completely because it has zero validity to begin with, and just focusing on the Vegeta line.

then dont bring it back up
I’m not going to

I’ll get to the rest of the argument later today. Kinda busy atm. The one thing I really wanna say though is that we know what it’s like for Beerus to use 1% of his power. He uses such amount of power to effortlessly beat Furious Vegeta. In his fight with Champa, he was visibly putting in more effort, so it’d have to be at least 1% of his power.

And again, 1/100 of infinity is still infinity.

I’ll get to the rest of this later

I’ll get to the rest of the argument later today. Kinda busy atm. The one thing I really wanna say though is that we know what it’s like for Beerus to use 1% of his power. He uses such amount of power to effortlessly beat Furious Vegeta. In his fight with Champa, he was visibly putting in more effort, so it’d have to be at least 1% of his power.
He was lying out of his ass though. That "1%" he used against Vegeta, wasn't even 1%, it was literally nothing, and you just shot yourself in the foot, by that logic, even Buu Saga Vegeta is 2-C because it took 1% of 2-C, aka 1% of infinity, aka infinity still to beat him.
**** Zamasu, may as well just make the whole cast 2-C at this point.

Your fraction-of-infinity argument isn't going to work with me, DBZ blatantly doesn't work within our rules, and we've known this for years, and has been brought up in threads in the past. DBS has finite power jumps bridging infinite power gaps by our standards, but our standards are just that, what some random nerds online think. In DBS, a few dozen power jump can make you go from 3-A to Low 2-C or even 2-C, and that's something we accept on our profiles.

He was lying out of his ass though. That "1%" he used against Vegeta, wasn't even 1%, it was literally nothing, and you just shot yourself in the foot, by that logic, even Buu Saga Vegeta is 2-C because it took 1% of 2-C, aka 1% of infinity, aka infinity still to beat him.
**** Zamasu, may as well just make the whole cast 2-C at this point.

Your fraction-of-infinity argument isn't going to work with me, DBZ blatantly doesn't work within our rules, and we've known this for years, and has been brought up in threads in the past. DBS has finite power jumps bridging infinite power gaps by our standards, but our standards are just that, what some random nerds online think. In DBS, a few dozen power jump can make you go from 3-A to Low 2-C or even 2-C, and that's something we accept on our profiles.
GT currently has a jump from 3-B to 2-C lmao

Isn't the "At most 2-C" thing meant for this kind of thing?
It could be, if the argument wasn't a fraction of infinity is still infinity, something DBS straight up doesn't give a shit about. Or if Zamasu's scaling was actually concrete, just a downscale, but the argument is that he's above Beerus, to the point Beerus can't even approach him, so at most wouldn't work, it'd actually be "At least 2-C", if the OP goes through based on is trying to be conveyed. Though obviously, I disagree.

Not even with 2-C Zamasu, quite frankly I don't care what he ends up as, I just don't think scaling to Beerus' full power is founded nor consistent. If there's other ways to upgrade his ass that's cool, just not this reason.

Actually, throughout the entire scene the arguments are derived from, Goku, Vegeta, the Supreme Kai, and Gowasu all direct their discussion towards Zamasu's strange Barrier of Light, which would mean that, according to Vegeta, Halo Fusion Zamasu > Beerus and Champa. Not only did Goku and Vegeta go on to rip through his Wall of Light, but Goku's Kaio-ken managed to completely shatter Zamasu's halo, even after Zamasu increased his strength further on both occassions, which means that Goku and Vegeta > Beerus and Champa, too? Like, even if we all agreed that Goku and Vegeta were nowhere near Fusion Zamasu's full power, they would at least be comparable to or superior to his Barrier of Light, which is 2-C, no?

Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back