• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Oh! That means you'll have seen:
your downgrades affect the verse on this wiki more than these upgrades ever will, besides maybe the SSJ multiplier. I promise you that if you downgraded Goku into not having stealth mastery, limited perception manipulation, longevity, temperature manipulation and resistance alongside half the abilities on his profile but still upgraded him to 2-A, you'd still be seen as DB's savior.

your downgrades affect the verse on this wiki more than these upgrades ever will, besides maybe the SSJ multiplier. I promise you that if you downgraded Goku into not having stealth mastery, limited perception manipulation, longevity, temperature manipulation and resistance alongside half the abilities on his profile but still upgraded him to 2-A, you'd still be seen as DB's savior.
Thank you for saying it for me.

let be real here, aside from the Low 1-C thread which i'm still participating, i care more about gathering scans and references for the verse. when I active on this wiki, like almost all DB profiles have no scan, can we focus on update the quality of our verse profiles???
I am working on a DBS manga Goku profile revamp, but it's going to take some time. For now, I'm making things more aesthetically pleasing, removing unnecessary things and adding missing abilities

Why you din't say it trought?
No point in arguing any further. It’s a waste of everyone’s time especially mine. In fact I’ve noticed, on this forum, that it is extremely rare to convince someone of anything if they aren’t already after 3-4 comments. Anything more ends up being a waste of time for everyone.

He’s asking us why we think a strong character being rated as such would make us happy, lol. Can’t make this up
You're right. It confuses me. Why would you be excited for Goku to have a rating that deviates so severely from his actual power? You would be happy, not upset, to see that his profile was wildly wildly wrong and was pretending he was way more powerful than he was?

No point in arguing any further. It’s a waste of everyone’s time especially mine. In fact I’ve noticed, on this forum, that it is extremely rare to convince someone of anything if they aren’t already after 3-4 comments. Anything more ends up being a waste of time for everyone.
I wonder if increasing the charisma stat would solve that issue, I think you can start adding some points to it when becoming LV5

You're right. It confuses me. Why would you be excited for Goku to have a rating that deviates so severely from his actual power? You would be happy, not upset, to see that his profile was wildly wildly wrong and was pretending he was way more powerful than he was?
Do you actually think he was talking about Goku literally being rated at 2-A?

Do you actually think he was talking about Goku literally being rated at 2-A?
So you're saying that if Goku was literally 2-A, you would be unhappy with that?

true fans only want goku at planetary guys, like why would you want him to be stronger?

VSBW profiles don't make characters stronger. They can either be accurate or inaccurate. Imo yes, true fans want profiles to be accurate

Man the fact that people think anything above 2-C for DB is just wank, wrong, and stupid will always be funny. People just can't fathom db being strong, they hate it so much, i dont understand.

I'm up for 2A Goku, if he gets a 2A feat.
So you're saying that if Goku was literally 2-A, you would be unhappy with that?
It sounded like you were the one who would be unhappy with 2A Goku. I think the hypothetical that was presented about Goku being 2A came with the unsaid assumption he had proper backing for that rating, it was a question that assumed good faith.

VSBW profiles don't make characters stronger. They can either be accurate or inaccurate. Imo yes, true fans want profiles to be accurate
It was tongue and cheek chief, I wasn't taking any actual stance with that post, just trying to add levity

you're going off a false premise here, most of the DB supporters believe that Goku's strength is higher than is portrayed in the wiki, and that his profile currently is 'wildly wildly wrong'

I don’t like the fact that Base Toei Goku is rated 2-C, what do you think? You think all DB fans want here is to just upgrade DB mindlessly?
If I thought that, I wouldn't have asked you the question that you still have not answered.

I'm up for 2A Goku, if he gets a 2A feat. I don't know why it was assumed people would want
It sounded like you were the one who would be unhappy with 2A Goku. I think the hypothetical that was presented about Goku being 2A came with the unsaid assumption he had proper backing for that rating, it was a question that assumed good faith.
Why would that be the case?
It wasn't. My question remains unanswered.
It was tongue and cheek chief, I wasn't taking any actual stance with that post, just trying to add levity
A lot of people actually think that way.
you're going off a false premise here, most of the DB supporters believe that Goku's strength is higher than is portrayed in the wiki, and that his profile currently is 'wildly wildly wrong'
And that's a travesty, to be honest. People should strive for accuracy, not inflating a rating to whatever can be feasibly argued for. Many profiles are wildly overrated beyond what is justified by the source material.

Might be hard for him to believe but DB fans aren’t here to get Goku to 1-A or anything. We are here to prevent bullshit like Low 2-C and below.
DB fans aren't a monolith, believe it or not. There are several who would actually love to see Goku become 1-A, because it's treated like a pissing contest between different Fandoms, accuracy is secondary.

Tier 6 regular humans isn't interpretive. It's a product of battleboards and battleboards only.

Eh, I just take it as Toriyama not actually knowing how much energy is actually needed to destroy the Moon, it's simply a byproduct of that
Also I still believe humans in DB are High 6-A, but I ain't able to convince anyone lol

DB fans aren't a monolith, believe it or not. There are several who would actually love to see Goku become 1-A, because it's treated like a pissing contest between different Fandoms, accuracy is secondary.
There are tons of fandoms like that, not just us smh, yeah but you don't have to worry about anything above 2-C, because it will never happen on here.

And that's a travesty, to be honest. People should strive for accuracy, not inflating a rating to whatever can be feasibly argued for. Many profiles are wildly overrated beyond what is justified by the source material.
you consider people having a different opinion than you, backed by official sources a travesty?

If I thought that, I wouldn't have asked you the question that you still have not answered.

Why would that be the case?

It wasn't. My question remains unanswered.

A lot of people actually think that way.

Why would I assume good faith when engaging in a hypothetical?

'A lot of people think that way' okay well I just told you it was tongue and cheek.

Back