• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Goku creeps, yeah, just creepin' on the down low" (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow-up to his Telepathy revision CRT.

23rd Budokai Goku currently lacks a fairly insignificant—like his Telepathy, kek—but, nevertheless, interesting ability: Stealth Mastery. This topic has been brought up in previous threads but lacked sufficient enough evidence to convince the jury. There should be enough evidence, though.
Stealth Mastery & Limited Perception Manipulation (During the three-year-long period training under Kami and Mr. Popo, sharpening his spirit in the process, Goku mastered the ability of "[crouching] as quiet as the sky and [striking] quick than lightning", dampening his presence completely—including scant air movements and his footsteps—and erasing his own Ki; thus, allowing him to optimize his movements and elude the senses of opponents completely)

Do note that erasing one's Ki and suppressing one's Ki are different concepts. In the case of the latter, the character lowers their strength in order to masquerade as a weaker lifeform as to avoid detection from enemies with the ability to detect powerful energies, whereas in both instances of the former (i.e., Mr. Popo to Goku and Goku to Piccolo), the character retained their full strength and removed the opponent's ability to detect them.

Uh, so yeah.

Goku never really utilizes his teachings after the 23rd World Marital Arts Tournament, but then again, he also forgot he is psychic, so...

As the evidence presented is based on the manga, this thread specifically applies to:

I agree with the proposals, great job on giving these abilities great descriptions Null.

Also can't wait to see what other "secondary" abilities you'll go into detail with.

Goku never really utilizes his teachings after the 23rd World Marital Arts Tournament, but then again, he also forgot he is psychic, so...

Shouldn't this technically be applied to just his Dragon Ball profile?

I know the usual logic is "If Goku learned it in the past, then his future versions like in the DBS anime should still be capable of it so it should be part of his skillset"... but couldn't it also be a case that it's just something he can't do anymore? It's not representative of himself in Dragon Ball Super to include it as part of his skillset, and it makes more sense to me to just include it on his Dragon Ball profile.

Considering how incredible of a genius in martial arts Goku is, I highly doubt he fought his teachings from Kami, especially going into Z, where the two stories were still relatively cohesive.

The Super manga also makes note of Mr. Popo's speech about optimizing his movements during Goku's realization of Ultra Instinct, so at the very least, his Super manga counterpart should retain the ability.

Considering how incredible of a genius in martial arts Goku is, I highly doubt he fought his teachings from Kami, especially going into Z, where the two stories were still relatively cohesive.

The Super manga also makes note of Mr. Popo's speech about optimizing his movements during Goku's realization of Ultra Instinct, so at the very least, his Super manga counterpart should retain the ability.
If I'm not mistaken, during the episode of Hit's arrival to kill Goku, it seems that Goku meditated on honing his senses to be able to feel the environment around him like he guessed 3 cockroaches near the refrigerator and felt what the postman would do (want to knock on the door). But unfortunately, I don't know where he did it in the first place

But yeah... it seems a bit like what Mr. Popo teaches Goku

The ability itself is fine to add.

I've just got my own personal opinions on when it's appropriate to include abilities across different profiles. That won't stop this revision.

I've just got my own personal opinions on when it's appropriate to include abilities across different profiles.
The additions appear to be safe to apply to all of the relevant pages.

Considering the stealth part about erasing one's Ki. Krillin did it as well against Gohan in Super when he used the 100x times Solar flare and Krillin was trained in the same way as Goku

Considering the stealth part about erasing one's Ki. Krillin did it as well against Gohan in Super when he used the 100x times Solar flare and Krillin was trained in the same way as Goku
Not sure if it was just suppressing his ki or indeed he was erasing his ki
Do note that erasing one's Ki and suppressing one's Ki are different concepts
Even it seems that during the Namek Saga, Krilin and Gohan also suppressed their ki, seems like this kind of opinion has been raised before but maybe due to the lack of achievements for Stealth Mastery as in the previous thread

Not sure if it was just suppressing his ki or indeed he was erasing his ki
Just surpressing wouldn't do the job because Gohan fought Lavendar blind whose Ki couldn't be sensed with his senses alone.
And the same Gohan couldn't even track Krillin's presence at all.

At the least Krillin was erasing or hiding his prescense to much higher degree than Lavendar

Krillin did it as well against Gohan in Super when he used the 100x times Solar flare
Nothing suggested that Krillin erased his presence like Goku or Mr. Popo has. If anything, all signs point towards the Solar Flare 100x affecting one's ability to sense Ki, considering the two senses are depicted as working in tandem.
and Krillin was trained in the same way as Goku
The training that the Earthlings received from Kami is unknown, but seeing as how they never displayed any of the principles that Goku was taught because he had earned Kami's respect by defeating Piccolo, the additions cannot be reasonably applied to them.

Follow-up to his Telepathy revision CRT.

23rd Budokai Goku currently lacks a fairly insignificant—like his Telepathy, kek—but, nevertheless, interesting ability: Stealth Mastery. This topic has been brought up in previous threads but lacked sufficient enough evidence to convince the jury. There should be enough evidence, though.

Do note that erasing one's Ki and suppressing one's Ki are different concepts. In the case of the latter, the character lowers their strength in order to masquerade as a weaker lifeform as to avoid detection from enemies with the ability to detect powerful energies, whereas in both instances of the former (i.e., Mr. Popo to Goku and Goku to Piccolo), the character retained their full strength and removed the opponent's ability to detect them.

Uh, so yeah.

As the evidence presented is based on the manga, this thread specifically applies to:

I agree

Considering this was also done by others in the Namek Arc (such as Krillin and Gohan avoiding being detected by Vegeta). This is good to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back