• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

There are tons of fandoms like that, not just us
You're right. And that's what I'm saying. Nearly every fandom is like that here. It's disappointing IMO.
you consider people having a different opinion than you, backed by official sources a travesty?
What? I didn't say anything like that.
Why would I assume good faith when engaging in a hypothetical?
No, why would you assume he meant new evidence would he involved for 2-A rather than basing it on the current available evidence

You're right. And that's what I'm saying. Nearly every fandom is like that here. It's disappointing IMO.
Nah, but you saying shit like "if goku were to become 2-A, you would be happy for him being rated something so wrong" is so weird, you speak as if your opinion is fact.

He’s proving why I refused to engage with him any further on the uncomposite thread lol. I wish this was discord, I could say what I really want to.

Nah, but you saying shit like "if goku were to become 2-A, you would be happy for him being rated something so wrong" is so weird, you speak as if your opinion is fact.
Opinion only takes you so far. Am I supposed to take it seriously if someone advocates for Tier 0 Goku if they say it's their opinion?

We've all seen/read the series. We know what Goku has actually done and what he hasn't. There's room for flexibility, sure, but that's not what I'm talking about anyways.

If you have to strawman me that egregiously I think it speaks to your credibility rather poorly, IMO.

Opinion only takes you so far. Am I supposed to take it seriously if someone advocates for Tier 0 Goku if they say it's their opinion?
What in the hell are you on about, if the evidence presented is accurate, then yes, if not, no.
We've all seen/read the series. We know what Goku has actually done and what he hasn't. There's room for flexibility, sure, but that's not what I'm talking about anyways.
Yeah we do know what goku has done, but some people see it differently then others, stop talking like what you are saying is absolute, it comes off as extremely arrogant. Nobody has the exact same opinions on anything power scaling.

What? I didn't say anything like that.

No, why would you assume he meant new evidence would he involved for 2-A rather than basing it on the current available evidence
Because it's a hypothetical. I genuinely don't understand what's the issue here.

If you have to strawman me that egregiously I think it speaks to your credibility rather poorly, IMO.
You blatantly refuse the fact that typed the very words you just did, and you’re talking about my credibility? Anyway, I’m really no longer interested in conversing with you, so take this as a last one.

What in the hell are you on about, if the evidence presented is accurate, then yes, if not, no.
And we are both in agreeance that there is absolutely no evidence of him being Tier 0 and such a tier would be completely incompatible with the story, yes?

Yeah we do know what goku has done, but some people see it differently then others, stop talking like what you are saying is absolute, it comes off as extremely arrogant. Nobody has the exact same opinions on anything power scaling.
Subjectivity only goes so far. Tier 0 Goku wouldn't be an opinion, it'd just be egregiously wrong.

You blatantly refuse the fact that typed the very words you just did, and you’re talking about my credibility? Anyway, I’m really no longer interested in conversing with you, so take this as a last one.
I wasn't even replying to you, but no, I didn't say anything remotely like his strawman of me.

I don't think anyone has ever actually done a CRT that was "Goku should be Tier 1 because I said so"
They usually have proof that made them think so, even if it's not the best

And we are both in agreeance that there is absolutely no evidence of him being Tier 0 and such a tier would be completely incompatible with the story, yes?
For tier 0, but you initially started with 2-A, so why are you shifting the argument? Because there are arguments for 2-A/Low 1-C goku that aren't bad.
Subjectivity only goes so far. Tier 0 Goku wouldn't be an opinion, it'd just be egregiously wrong.
See this is your problem lmao, you think its wrong, I agree, but stop talking as if its just some absolute factual truth.

You're right. It confuses me. Why would you be excited for Goku to have a rating that deviates so severely from his actual power? You would be happy, not upset, to see that his profile was wildly wildly wrong and was pretending he was way more powerful than he was?
you're going off a false premise here, most of the DB supporters believe that Goku's strength is higher than is portrayed in the wiki, and that his profile currently is 'wildly wildly wrong'
And that's a travesty, to be honest. People should strive for accuracy, not inflating a rating to whatever can be feasibly argued for. Many profiles are wildly overrated beyond what is justified by the source material.
strawman btw

See this is your problem lmao, you think its wrong, I agree, but stop talking as if its just some absolute factual truth.
The idea that a characters strength cannot be tethered to anything with objectivity is not really something I consider reasonable.

I’ll say it for the 69420th time, deleting the verse would literally solve ALL of these problems and then some. Why do people think it’s such a bad idea? Not like it hasn’t been done before. Should I make that CRT? Would it even be called a CRT? Or a Verse Deletion Thread?

The idea that a characters strength cannot be tethered to anything with objectivity is not really something I consider reasonable.
written guidebook statements are literally as objective as you get, and you have consistently proved to value your own opinion on the matter over them in DB threads
Yes those are my quotes. I stand by them.
Christ, even outside of debate threads he's a stonewaller lol

I’ll say it for the 69420th time, deleting the verse would literally solve ALL of these problems and then some. Why do people think it’s such a bad idea? Not like it hasn’t been done before. Should I make that CRT? Would it even be called a CRT? Or a Verse Deletion Thread?
You probally would need to do in a Staff discussion thread, and present your arguments there.

I never understood why people don't explain their argument better when they point out that what the opposition got from it was a strawman
Partially laziness, partially the fact that if someone's willing to strawman you in the first place then they aren't engaging in good faith and no amount of correcting them will change that.

To be clear there is literally 0 chance deleting DB gets passed. You are welcome to make a thread for it but it's not ever going to happen for a verse that big.

So does Buu get stronger when the people he absorbed gets taken away? cause I’m DB FOREVER it says that Buu does indeed get weaker

<deagon says that people thinking that DB is underrated in the wiki is a travesty
<i call him out on it
<he says i'm strawmaning him
<i show him his own words where he did in fact call people disagreeing with him and how the wiki rates DB a a travesty
<'yes, i did say that, i stand by it'
<'but you still strawmaned me'

MV5BNzBiYzcyZmQtYTg0MS00NDU2LWJlMGQtYmExMGJlY2U4MzI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ._V1_.jpg

<deagon says that people thinking that DB is underrated in the wiki is a travesty
<i call him out on it
<he says i'm strawmaning him
<i show him his own words where he did in fact call people disagreeing with him and how the wiki rates DB a a travesty
<'yes, i did say that, i stand by it'
<'but you still strawmaned me'
You seem to be leaving out the ways in which your description of my stance deviated from what I actually said.

Meiou, cool it. You don't need to hover around for the sole purpose of taking shots at people over and over again.

To be clear there is literally 0 chance deleting DB gets passed. You are welcome to make a thread for it but it's not ever going to happen for a verse that big.
I atleast curious about the arguments he could made, are you not? It could be fun.
And I’m the president of the United States.
Makes sense for the president of the United States to want delete the DB verse on this wiki.

You seem to be leaving out the ways in which your description of my stance deviated from what I actually said.
don't take this the wrong way, but i've noticed that you love saying a whole lot of nothing and pretend that you have a point
if you think i deviated from what you said prove it, you just going 'strawman' means jack

Back