• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chi-Chi upgrades and minor revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi-Chi's major stat upgrade

According to the Daizenshuu, Chi-Chi as of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai has a battle power of 130, making her slightly weaker than Beginning-of-Z Master Roshi (139), with a Weekly Jump entry stating that she is equal to Roshi, and a tad bit weaker than the Krillin (206) and Yamcha (177) from the same period of time. Despite this, she is still rated at High 8-C with Hypersonic+ speed, even with the gap between her and these other characters, all of which are 5-C, being rather small in comparison to the difference between Raditz and Vegeta.

Her battle power, although only being stated in the Daizenshuu, is currently accepted and is being used in her profile, but in case you believe it is an unreliable number, there is some supporting evidence, even if limited. In her fight with Goku, who at that point would have a casual battle power that far surpassed that of his peers' casuals, she managed to force him to block her attacks, force him into the air for a brief period, and survived a point-blank kiai from him after he decided to get "serious" and end the fight, quickly recovering afterward. And, during that fight, Roshi complimented her combat ability, stating that "...that girl is quite a master… Wh-what’s more, [her style] resembles my own Kame-sen School…", which is not explicit evidence, but is moreso support for the Goku points, much like Kami's statements about Yamcha. Another thing to note is that since DB Chi-Chi and DBZ Chi-Chi are combined into the same key, she would have even more supporting evidence for having a tier higher than High 8-C for being the one to teach Goten kumite and martial arts between the Cell Games and the training period for the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai, and with Goten being High 4-C, a simple High 8-C rating makes no sense.

With this, her Attack Potency should be changed to either Unknown, "At least Large Building level, likely far higher", Multi-Continent level or "At least City level, likely far higher" with the justification that "(Is either slightly weaker than or on par with Master Roshi and a tad bit weaker than post-23rd Budokai Krillin and Yamcha according to databooks. Trained with and taught Goten martial arts during his youth)". Along with that, her speed would be changed to either "At least Hypersonic+, likely far higher", Unknown, or just Sub-Relativistic.

Other miscellaneous and negligible revisions

Chi-Chi's powers should be split into two tabs: Youth and Adult.

Youth
Adult
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Martial Artist, Weapon Mastery (Of her helmet; Managed to defeat a T-Rex and harm Roshi with her helmet's detachable boomerang-like blade). Can fire laser beams that burn their targets with her helmet.
All previous abilities aside from the ones granted by her helmet, Acrobatics (Can perform high jumps and maintain altitude for moderate periods of time)

Her having Shockwaves Generation is anime-only, and I have no idea where her Accelerated Development came from.

Her Intelligence should be changed to: "Academically, Chi-Chi was the one who tutored Gohan since childhood and pushed him to become a scholar, meaning she should have comparable, if not superior intellect. In terms of combat, she is incredibly proficient in martial arts, having trained under her father the Ox-King, who previously studied under the invincible Turtle Hermit, since her youth. After training and preparing for the 23rd Budokai, her skills became so refined that Roshi himself considered her to be a master of martial arts, praising her ability and even stating her style and technique resembled his own and pushed a casual Goku in their fight, although Goku chose not to retaliate and ultimately defeated her with one strike when he wanted to end the fight. In between the Cell Games and the Buu Saga, she also taught her son Goten kumite and enough martial arts skills to contend with Gohan in his adolescence".

Her Notable Attacks/Techniques should be wiped with the exception of Stay Away From Me! and That Won't Work, since the others are either anime-only or game-only.
"Key: Kid Chi-Chi | Piccolo Jr. Saga and Onwards" should be changed to "Key: Youth | Adult".
Her "Tens of meters" in range with her lasers should be downgraded to "Several meters" since her lasers have never been shown reaching that kind of distance.
Her age should be: "12 - 20 during Dragon Ball. 43 currently."
Her blood type is irrelevant, so it can be removed from her summary.
Remove "Housewife" from her classification.

Proposed revision of Chi-Chi's page.

Last edited:
Agree with this
High 8-C Chi Chi doesnt make that much sense to me as well & I was thinking that for a while
For abilities yes I agree again
I dont know about removing the "housewife" Classification Though

Last edited:
That is the problem with non-canon numbers. They are unreliable and I disagree with their use. Chichi is nowhere close to that level of strength and has never been implied to.

she managed to force him to block her attacks, force him into the air for a brief period, and survived a point-blank kiai from him after he decided to get "serious" and end the fight, quickly recovering afterward.
This is simple. He was suppressed. Why would he try against a harmless looking normal woman? Making this argument is basically trying to scale her to Goku which isn't a thing. It's similar to DBS Krillin logic. Her only feat is getting blown away by Goku's rather casual shockwave.

Roshi complimented her combat ability, stating that "...that girl is quite a master… Wh-what’s more, [her style] resembles my own Kame-sen School…", which is not explicit evidence, but is moreso support for the Goku points, much like Kami's statements about Yamcha.
A normal human who is completely unknown to the gang is displaying some awesome above-average moves that match Roshi's style. That response is not out of the ordinary and isn't indicative of her strength being comparable at all.

the one to teach Goten kumite and martial arts between the Cell Games and the training period for the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai, and with Goten being High 4-C, a simple High 8-C rating makes no sense.
Teaching martial arts =/= being at comparable strength. Basic techniques can be taught irrespective of the strength difference.

Rest of the miscellaneous things seem fine, except the explanation of intelligence that makes it looks like she scales to Goku.

For the AP, Beginning of Z Roshi is only "At least High 8-C," he's only 5-C on his MAX Power form, and she's weaker than him, so she's totally not 5-C. Everything else seems fine.

Question: Isn't the power level of 139 in the manga for a normal Roshi, not max Roshi? So she wouldn't scale to 5-C anyway. But yes, I agree with use of other feats instead of a non-canon power level.

She definitely should not be upgraded to that level, but the rest of the suggestions seem fine.

With those calculations, she scales to Subsonic and Wall level, which is good. Aside from all that, it seems everyone agrees on the changes.

It's not my thing. You should wait for a calc group member to approve those calcs first.

Actually. Would it be possible to scale 23rd Budokai Chi-Chi to King Chappa? Goku seemingly put in more effort against Chi-Chi than he did against Chappa in the preliminaries, and she even tanked his Kiai, which he admitted packed more of a punch than he originally intended.

From what I recall, he was taken out in one strike so I guess scaling her to him makes sense. Although looking at his own profile, his rating seems like guesswork, or probably in need of a better explanation maybe?

He tanked few casual attacks from tambourine ,also yamcha & roshi was concerned by him so i guess that kinda make sense or that should be "likely large building level" Maybe idk
I feel like he is naturally a bit strong for them getting concerned by him

Both Roshi and Yamcha initially considered Chappa to have been a "sticky match" for Goku.
Yamcha was stunned after Goku managed to block Chappa's attacks.
Chappa took several strikes from Goku and was only knocked out of bounds in the end, although Goku stated that if he went all out, Chappa would have been killed.
Yamcha claimed "I didn't think anyone... could defeat King Chappa so easily" after Goku beat him.
Roshi began to consider Goku a threat ("This could be bad for me") after he defeated Chappa.

So, a "likely Large Building level (and Hypersonic+)" or just straight-up Large Building level for Chappa seems like the best rating, seeing as how both 22nd Budokai Roshi and Yamcha considered him to be some kind of invincible warrior, which would in turn upgrade Chi-Chi, especially considering there was a three year gap between the 22nd and the 23rd for Chappa to train.

I think Chappa in 23 rd TB could be "At least large building level" As well somehow I feel they didnt get large building to moon level with a simple buff Form power up
If base roshi was concerned as well as yamcha was stunned then he could be on that level
Anyway I feel like he is at least stright up large building level

Yeah, if he was High 8-C and Hypersonic+ in the 22nd Budokai, then he would be "At least High 8-C" and "At least Hypersonic+" in the 23rd Budokai since he had three years worth of training and preparation, which would upscale Chi-Chi which kind of justifies her Daizenshuu battle power.

If we can all agree on Adult Chi-Chi scaling to "At least High 8-C" and "At least Hypersonic+", and Youth Chi-Chi scaling to 9-B(+) and Subsonic [need to be evaluated], then I can make the changes to her page.

which kind of justifies her Daizenshuu battle power.
Chi-Chi doesn’t have a Daizenshuu PL though, hers comes from Weekly Jump, which also puts Kami’s PL under King Piccolo, so like-

High 8-C Teen Chi-Chi seems fine to me btw.

Do we scale Lifting Strength based on battle power, even amongst non-Ki users, because that would amp Chi-Chi to "At least Class 100, likely higher".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back