• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Third Grade Super Saiyan Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Daizenshuu 7: Dragon Ball Encyclopedia - "Special Attack Dictionary", achieving Second Grade Super Saiyan involves concentrating every nerve in the body and channeling Ki throughout the body to inflate the muscles, realizing strength and speed that "surpasses the Super Saiyan wall", as Daizenshuu 2: Story Guide - "Growing Up". By inflating the muscles to their limits, Third Grade Super Saiyan is achieved, drawing its strength out far beyond the limits of Super Saiyan. And, according to the Dragon Ball: The Legendary Manga informational magazines (a.k.a., El Manga Legendario), what forcing the body into Third Grade entails is a ten-times increase in strength from the previous transformation, which is corroborated by the equidistant French transcript.

Now.
Here is the supporting evidence.
In simpler terms, "Second Grade Trunks ~< Super Vegeta <<< [no-sell distance] Semi-to-Perfect Cell <<< Perfect Cell < "warming up" Perfect Cell < "fighting for real" Perfect Cell < Post-Final Flash Perfect Cell < Vs. Trunks Perfect Cell <<< ["a wide margin"] Super Trunks", which should be sufficient enough to prove the 10x difference between Second Grade and Third Grade, as per the Multipliers page.

However, a good statement alone is not enough to get a high multiplier accepted. The amount of extra evidence one has to provide to get larger multipliers accepted is proportional to the size of the multiplier. For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents.

As for the validity of The Legendary Manga,, apparently, as per the word of distributor Hachette's (now-defunct) webpage, Shueisha and Bird Studio themselves personally produced the text. Their hands in production possibly suggests the existence of a Japanese transcript, however, this Japanese version has never been recorded or even spoken of definitively on the internet; as of currently, the only versions of this magazine to exist are the official Spanish and French translations, as the figures that the magazines are attached to and the company of Hachette itself are based in France. Still, on top of the aforementioned supposed writing credits, the magazines are officially licensed by Shueisha and Bird Studio, and contain, as far as I know, legitimate interviews from Akira Toriyama, which adds credence to its validity. Though, unlike the Super Saiyan multiplier, which is referenced in the Daizenshuu and the Super Exciting Guide and Kakarot, this statement only exists in this book. But its existence contradicts nothing (aside from the wacky Super Saiyan 2 and 3 multipliers) and is supported by depictions of battle power in the manga.

So yeah, Super Saiyan is 50x, Second Grade is an unknown amount greater, and Third Grade is 10x Second Grade, meaning at least 500x. That also makes Super Saiyan 2 at least 500x.

Last edited:
This would also amp Cell Games Saga Goku/Gohan and full power Perfect Cell (who all scale above SSJ Grade 3 Trunks), correct?

Their hands in production possibly suggests the existence of a Japanese transcript, however, this Japanese version has never been recorded or even spoken of definitively on the internet

This part is making me currently lean against this proposal, as fundamentally we have no raw version to double-check against and verify this information.

This part is making me currently lean against this proposal, as fundamentally we have no raw version to double-check against and verify this information.
Both the Spanish and the French version contain the tenfold metric, and both are translated from material produced by Shuiesha, which lends credence to its reliability. Even without the Japanese text on-hand, the fact that both translations present identical messages strongly suggests that the original text contained the statement.

Both the Spanish and the French version contain the tenfold metric, and both are translated from material produced by Shuiesha, which lends credence to its reliability. Even without the Japanese text on-hand, the fact that both translations present identical messages strongly suggests that the original text contained the statement.
It's possible, but not a certainty. I remember there was an example where a French databook for One Piece had a "tenfold" multiplier statement, but the original Japanese raws were checked and there was no mention of a multiplier in the original databook.

I'm gonna be completely honest about a few things.​

I know how VsBattles behaves when it comes to multipliers in some universes,
and I can't stress enough how biased it seems.

In many universes,​
  1. an official citation for a multiplier​
  2. and the absence of any negative contradictions​
would typically be enough to accept the multiplier without any complaints.

Even when it's readily accepted in other character debating communities like the Narutoforums/Fanverse, where I come from,
I've never seen any of these multipliers being accepted for Dragon Ball profiles, for example.​

I'm the last person to use "whataboutism" in my argument, but we can't have double standards when evaluating universes that exist within the same context. If the vast majority of universes have a standardized criterion for accepting multipliers, then it should be accepted as a precedent for other works too!

This applies to all fictional universes: If there's an official statement from a reliable and canonical source, and there's no narrative contradiction, I agree with the multiplier.

Also this one... I... I agree with this one.

OH NO, THE OP GAVE STAFF THE WRONG IDEA!​

Dear! This is not the case, "El Manga Legendario" is a spanish guide, released in Spain by Salvat and Bird Studios in 2008!
It has no Japanese version! It's originally made in Spanish, for Spanish audiences!

I currently have access to the entirety of the guide! So I can verify everything for you!​

Oh. If you know that, might want to retract the comment about "leaning to disagree" on the thread? This is very straightforward!

Their hands in production possibly suggests the existence of a Japanese transcript.​
Why would you say that?
Even when searching in Japanese, this supposed guide is nowhere to be found in the Japanese community.
It's originally made in Spanish.

But Damage I mean what she’s saying is valid with it being the original source the need for a Japanese transcript is completely unnecessary. It’s only a matter of being nitpicky. Anyways Null did a great job with the supporting evidence which lets me agree straight forward

No, my response to Nullflowerbush still stands, thank you.
This impossible-to-find and unreleased Japanese transcript is stonewalling the two official releases?

Why?
How is that fair?
You're setting up an impossible goalpost to satisfy your belief.

This is very bad.
Both the french and spanish guide are translated from the same transcript,
not each other,
and they are consistent, meaning it was present in the original transcript.

I understand thinking about one mistranslation being possible.
But two? From two completely different, and official translators?
No, this is just unreasonable doubt, Mister Staff!
You're counting on a consistent mistake to be reasonably possible.

It technically is, but it's so unlikely that it falls under unreasonable doubt.

Sorry but your doubts has no legs to stand on.​

But Damage I mean what she’s saying is valid with it being the original source the need for a Japanese transcript is completely unnecessary. It’s only a matter of being nitpicky. Anyways Null did a great job with the supporting evidence which lets me agree straight forward
I said I'm leaning against it for now.

I'll wait to see what other staff members say before giving a final vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back