• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Saiyan Multiplier CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way."
"The amount of extra evidence one has to provide to get larger multipliers accepted is proportional to the size of the multiplier. For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents."
"Dragon Ball Super Saiyan Multipliers: Rejected due to never being stated in the actual series. Furthermore often seem to multiply in-universe power levels and not actual power. They often seem inconsistent, like for example the x2 SSJ2 multiplier turning a stomp around."

Let's fix that. Of course, this is only working to get the original Super Saiyan's multiplier accepted as that has the most concrete and consistent evidence.

Firstly, there are statements from the databooks.

1. The Daizenshuu 7 states that "a battle power 50 times that of normal is proof of the legendary mightiest warrior".
  2. The Super Exciting Guide states that "battle power is 50 times normal".
Then, we also have a couple of feats and statements in-universe to back this up.
That should be enough, especially considering the fifty-times figure fits within the range of <100x.

To address the point about "[multiplying] in-universe power levels", the term "battle power" which both databooks use is synonymous with "power" (the literal translation in most cases is "battle power", but Viz opts to change it to simply "power"). "Battle power" is used to describe a character's level of Ki, strength, and overall fighting abilities meaning that the argument that "Super Saiyan only multiplies the user's power level by 50x" does not apply here. The user's power (strength, speed, overall Ki output, etc.) is increased by many more times than 40x the user's base with the databooks confirming it is a fifty-fold increase.

I have some issues with accepting any SSJ multipliers beyond SSJ1. But SSJ1 being 50x base seems consistent enough.

this should be common knowledge. don't know why this should even be a crt.

i absolutely agree.

Last edited:
I have some issues with accepting any SSJ multipliers beyond SSJ1. But SSJ1 being 50x base seems consistent enough.
The only other SSj multipliers that could be acceptable are SSj1 4th Grade and potentially SSjB.

SSj1 4th Grade is basically SSj1 without the negative emotions and it consume far less Ki.

SSjB is simply apply SSj1 to SSjG.

Last edited:
Honestly don't see a problem with any past 3. In which they use God Ki from a different show. All types of different.

2% Agree.

Wait a second, let my agreement go Super Saiyan real quick..

100% Agree.

I know that was cheesy. Don't judge me lol
797190679188865064.png

Since all of us agree with SSj1 Multiplier be valid, i think we need to decide what to do next.

Do we delete the entire example from Multipliers without reliable statements, or do we just specify that only the forms after SSj1 are invalid?

Maybe we can do the latter, while also add the SSj1 Multiplier in Low Accepted Multipliers to use it as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back