• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You, know, unless the Attack was just really big, which is entirely possible. Also Pearl's memory has been completely accurate in telling us the past before, so there's no reason to assume it would be different here.

You have Garnet, Lapis, and Centipedals Version which show the attack happening either by the moon or in front of the moon.

Pearl's version is literally just for dramatic effect after the relevation that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond and Pearl "shattered" her.

Steven Universe Corruption Light-1
Steven Universe Corruption Light-1

Okay, for one, Centipeetle's version cannot seriously be considered because A) it doesn't support either of their claims as it doesn't show the moons position and B) her memory was very vague and fragile and literally getting worse by the moment.

Dramatic Effect or no, that'd basically be saying Pearl was lying about the attack when she didn't need to. Plus, that wasn't even Pearl's doing, Steven was going through her memories and she can't manipulate her own memories of the event. Plus, I don't think "sped up" is accurate, as the actual attack only took a few seconds, moon or no.

How is Centipeetle's version not accurate? Firstly, she was healed by Steven a significant degree so she wasn't mindless and was able to recall memories from 1000s of years ago.

Next. It would be impossible for her to even be able to recognize and draw 3 Diamond symbols as the last thing she saw if the attack came from Homeworld because A) When Lapis first met Steven and "borrowed" the ocean to elevate herself to almost outside the Earth's atmosphere, Homeworld looks like any other star in the universe. So to say Centi she saw 3 Diamond symbols all the way from Homeworld on ground level Earth is silly. It makes sense for the attack to be closer.

I'm not saying Pearl is lying about the attack. We're debating whether it happened closer to Earth or all the way from Homeworld. Also Pearl was with Garnet when she made her account where it looked like it was near the moon so why would she depict it differently again?

We've seen the corruption light explained several times before the relevation of Rose = Pink Diamond. So the last one by Pearl, again, is just sped up animation for dramatic effect.

Yes, she was able to recall certain memories, but just not that accurately. And again, her version can't be used as it doesn't support the claim of it coming from somewhere beyond the moon, as no moon is visible in her version.

Actually, no. It is quite easy to see into Deep Space just with the naked eye. The Andromeda Galaxy is the closest galaxy to Earth, and is 2.6 million light years from Earth, or 1.5284E+19 miles, and that's about the farthest you can see. So, it's pretty far away that you can see into deep space. But do you know why you can see it so far away? Because the Andromeda Galaxy's 1 trillion stars collectively emit enough light for a few thousand photons to hit each square centimeter of the Earth every second. Now, if you want to use the Your Mother and Mine version, then you can see those lights are ridiculously bright, even brighter than the light emitting from Andromeda. It's entirely feasible for the attack to have been seen at ground level as long as the lights were bright enough.

That's exactly my point, they both saw it, but it's different in both of their accounts, they conflict with each other.

Yes it's been explained, but only shown a few times. One of which isn't useable because it isn't corroborated by the other 2, and the other 2 conflict with each other.Again, to say it's sped up isn't accurate as the attack only took a few seconds to reach Earth, that could have happened in real time for all we know.

The best possible conclusion is that in front of the moon, in my opinion. Even if humans can see into Deep Space with just the naked eye, we wouldn't be able to make out 3 Diamond Symbols from a Planet already giving off light even if it was pulsating. We can barely tell even with advanced equipment. We also don't know the distance from Earth to Homeworld.

1. In "Your Mother and Mine version" if you slow the video down. You can clearly see the diamond symbols before the overpowering blasts. You can even see a hint of Blue & Yellow before White completely outshines them while they're in front of the moon. Centi likely saw this, hence, the 3 Diamond symbols before the overpowering light.

2. Even in "A Single Pale Rose" the attack has to be closer to Earth since Pearl's account shows clouds being blown away/cleared.

What? What makes you think that Homeworld is giving off a light brighter than the attack? Plus again, the attack was Super Bright and Super Huge, so it would've blocked out Homeworld from view if you could see it. It's like when someone shines a flashlight in your eyes, the person is still there, but the light blocks you from being able to see them. Again, the distance doesn't matter. As long as the light was bright enough, you'd be able to see the attack.

Centi's version doesn't show any diamond symbols before the attack, just a bright white light so I don't know what you mean there. And yes, I pointed out that there are 3 lights there before, which is still different from Pearl's version.

Ehh, what? Why would the attack have to be near Earth for it to disperse the clouds? What would prevent it from doing the same thing from farther away? Plus again, that's inconsistent as in the YMAM version the clouds don't disperse at all.

1. Centi drew 3 Diamond Symbols that shows what she saw before the attack. That is what she showed Steven.

2. Even if you say Centi is unreliable, Garnet's version proves this because you can see Blue, Yellow, and Whites' lights before the actual overpowering blast.

3. White Diamond hasn't left Homeworld in Eons after this.

4. Lapis looked at Homeworld barely outside Earth's atmosphere and it only looked like any other star in the universe. Meaning it's a considerate distance away, the 3 lights from the Diamonds before the blast wouldn't be recognizable from ground level on Earth if it was shot from Homeworld.

5. In Lapis' version, you can also see the hint of White, Blue, and Yellow before overpowering white light.

6. Yeah, YMAM version clouds don't disperse at all, and it is inconsistent. But it's not as inconsistent as Pearl's version in "A single pale rose" which the clip is just short flashbacks of what happened up until now. And is completely different from the other 3 who witnessed it. (Lapis, Garnet, and Centi)

I'm sorry, in my opinion it just seems more consistent and believeable the Diamonds were in Earth's orbit when they did the Corrupting Light attack.

1. No she didn't. I've looked at the whole clip 3 times and never once did she draw the Diamond symbols. Here it is. Please point out to me where she draws the Diamond symbol. [[1]]

2. Again, I pointed this out so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It's just more proof of the inconsistency's as it doesn't corroborate with the other versions.

3. She says "White, hasn't left Homeworld in Eons." That doesn't indicate that it happened after the attack.

4. You're just ignoring what I'm saying now. I've already explained how when a light is bright enough, you can see it no matter the distance. The Light was so bright that it overshone Homeworld. Hell, that just proves my point because Homeworld is so bright you can see it from Earth, despite the distance.

5. No, It's different again. The Yellow and Blue Lights form a ring around the attack, whereas the YMAM version had them look like they were behind the White Light.

6. I've already shown that none of these accounts corroborate above so this doesn't matter.

TBH it makes even less sense for it to have happened just outside of Earth, as Yellow and Blue were shown in Familiar to be constantly busy and don't really have the time to go other places very often.

1. Oh goodness. She draws the 3 Diamonds symbols at the end because they represent Blue, Yellow, and White before the attack. Even Steven figures this out..

2. The only one that it isnt consistent with is the one with Pearl you keep bringing up.

3. That's true. But clearly she had to be with Blue and Yellow when they did the attack. They're clearly blasting the Earth from orbit. We see it in Garnets, which is Consistent with Lapis, which is also consistent with Centis'

4. How does it make less sense now because "they're busy?" One of their own was *shattered* by a Quartz soldier to their belief. They were angry and wanted revenge. They even come back several times after their corruption attack. They even come back to deal with "Rose Quartz" personally.

Like everyone else has said. The attack wasnt stated to have come from Homeworld and 3 out of 4 videos support it was an attack essentially from orbit in detail unlike the Pearl one you keep mentioning that showed the attack for like 5 seconds.

1. Okay, I see it now, but even then, that's PIS because Centi didn't know that Pink was shattered so it doesn't make sense for her to draw the 3 diamonds, especially since she didn't color them in so we don't know which ones she's referring to. It even happens before we knew that Pink was shattered.

2. I keep bringing it up because all of these accounts counteract with each other and don't corroborate each other. We have to look at all of the accounts of the attack, not just one.

3. How does that prove your point at all? Just saying Clearly isn't evidence, and yes obviously she had to be with the others for the attack, which means they would have had to be on Homeworld with her. Again, Centi's can't be used as it's NOT CLEAR where she is when the attack occurred, as no moon is visible in the scene, so it does not corroborate the other 2. Also, in the Lapis version, it again shows the attack coming from beyond the moon, which again, is contrary to what is in Garnet's version.

4. Yes, and they were obviously angry, but it's also clear that the war went on for some time before the attack happened. It wasn't just "Pink's shattered, BLAST, end." No, there was still fighting going on after it happened. The only one who ever went to Earth originally was Blue, and it was to mourn Pink. Yellow and Blue only went to Earth in Reunited to finish Rose Quartz off. But before that, Pink was entirely in charge of Earth, so they didn't go there very often.

Once again, none of the videos support each other. Garnet's shows it as 3 lights that came either from the moon or in front of the moon, Lapis's shows it as a circle of yellow, blue, and white light that came from beyond the moon, Centi's version is too vague to tell where the blast originates from, and Pearl's shows it as one huge light from beyond the moon. The differences in these accounts are too varied for them to be able to corroborate each other.

The only thing we have to really indicate it coming from Homeworld is the statement that White hasn't left it in eons, but eons is a very vague term, it just means an indefinitely long period of time, so it's impossible to tell if they were refering to a point before or after the war, so there's no reason to assume it came from Homeworld until we get more information.

Still, it's a more viable piece of information than the videos, since they are so inconsistent. Plus Blue would have better knowledge on where White is than most other people in the series. I have a feeling if White ever came out of her head then there'd be a party.

Outside of the "eons" statement (which is vague and requires some assumptions), there's really nothing indicating that it came from Homeworld, so there's no reason to assume that, all we know is that it came from somewhere outside of Earth. It coud have come from Homeworld? Yeah, it could, but we have no proof it did, so Massively FTL+ Diamonds is unlikely unless we get more proof.

I mean, the shortest amount of time an eon is described as is over 1 billion years, so there's that. I'm just trying to show that it could have come from Homeworld and why it's more likely that it came from Homeworld.

Eon is generally used to reffer to any indefinite long period of time, and the term is commonly used for exaggeration, just because someone said "eons", it doesn't mean it is automaticaly over a billion years.

There is nothing indicating that if is more likely it came from Homeworld Sven if you believe that it is possible.

We do though, I don't know what you talkin bout. Also, I haven't asked anyone for proof to the contrary, I just said I debunked the counter claims.

No, but it casts doubt on the current belief. And again, Blue's statement is proof, it just needs something else to corroborate it. Kinda like how in a murder case if someone used a gun or knife, there'd need to be fingerprints on it to prove they used it. The murder weapon is great evidence and all, but it doesn't prove that the person did it.

That's what I said, it is possible, but you have to wait until we get more proof, because the evidence we have right now is not direct enough.

Alright, then we are in agreement. I'm just saying, it's more likely. We only started having this conversation because I mentioned it and then like a day later someone came in and said "no they aren't."

Your Mother and Mine (258)
Shattering Light scene in space between Earth and Moon.

Your Mother and Mine (251)
View from Ground Level Earth (Garnet)

Here are 2
Monster Reunion 216
3 Diamonds Centi recognized while on Earth

images that show how the attack happened. Theres no way it came from Homeworld.

I dont understand why you're making Centi out to he a moron. What do you mean we have no idea where she is when the attack happened? She was left in Earth...

I also dont see how its PIS that Centi recognized the 3 Diamonds. She received her orders to leave because the attack was coming. The fact that when shes nearly completely healed by the Diamonds and Steven, She states the attack must have worked, and that Pink Diamond was avenged, meaning she knew she was shattered.

Y'know Pepper, I have just realized that we are derailing the point of this thread, were supposed to talk about the new episodes, not stuff that would go into a CRT, so I'm not going to respond to anymore of these. If you want, we can talk about it more in private or in a CRT, but not here.

(If I do make it, I probably won't until after Battle of Heart and Mind is out as school starts back up for me on the 7th so by that time I'll know how busy I'll be.)

Oh man, I think I missed a few episodes, I'll be back.

(3 Hours later)

Ohhh that's why I was lost when Reunited came out, these are the episodes just before!

Back