• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my SPACE ROCK LESBIANS! I'm not here to fool around, the corruption hax will be downgraded.

Introduction and Explanation

Currently, Steven Universe is rated as High 3-A via the Diamonds' corruption ability, which has the potential to corrupt the gems, who can create dimensions who are supposedly infinite. See, even though this scales to absolutely no one as breaking a physical gem is as easy as dropping an anvil on them, I'm not gonna stand for blatantly incorrect information. There are two main reasons why the dimensions are considered infinite in size:
I'll be breaking down why each of these reasons are flawed.

• Garnet's statement is not a valid piece of evidence
It's important to take the entire context of the chapter into account. Please follow me.
Let's point out that putting JUST ONE LIVING ROOM into Pearl's Mind made her head hurt like hell, it's the whole context of the chapter. The quote that the mind is infinite is likely to refer to imagination as ever expanding moreso than actual physical size.
Amethyst is just not a reliable source, the contradictory wording of "more infinite" should be clear it's not a literal affirmation of true size, Amethyst has no way to know this.

✨CONTRADICTION✨

Hey guys, what's better than disproving a positive claim? IT'S PROVING A NEGATIVE COUNTERCLAIM!
Gem's dimensions cannot handle anything larger than a town at once.
This is shown here. The Rooms in the Crystal Temple, which rely on the gems of the user, could not sustain a whole town. It was all based on Steven's imagination and mind, yet it's supposed to be "Infinite"? Nope. The rooms themselves rely on the user's own mind, so this is a crystal clear contradiction. (haha funny)

CONCLUSION

There are clear examples where finite size is more than enough to affect and limit one's mind directly. Even some evidence that the quotes themselves might be unreliable and hyperbolic. Even if we, hypothetically, say the dimensions themselves are infinite in useless size, it takes a finite amount of space to affect the user's mind, as Pearl got a headache from a simple living room being inserted in her gem. Thus, the corruption hax has no reason to truly scale to the dimension's supposedly infinite size. Thus, the Corruption hax is downgraded.

Agree: @Da3ggman, @Tllmbrg, @Damage3245, @Maverick_Zero_X, @Accelerated_Evolution, @ProfectusInfinity
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Based on your feedback, I'll add more.
pYJR6XFxCYYutCDhCX69_10_aafaa63f65e846803667f0353c5d5bcb_thumbnail_og_img.jpg

Giving a rating for something that does not apply in any circunstances was just a waste of time. I feel that the goal was not so much about AP but as to use this as a form to grant mental resistance (like saying one needs extradimensional mind manip range to affect them or something like that).

Giving a rating for something that does not apply in any circunstances was just a waste of time. I feel that the goal was not so much about AP but as to use this as a form to grant mental resistance (like saying one needs extradimensional mind manip range to affect them or something like that).
AND to say you need an infinite mind to even resist the Diamond's corruption. Very silly stuff

OH THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

I infomred her on discord but tbh I doubt much can be done lol
Thank you very much.

She'll basically have to disprove that a finite amount of mass/energy can affect the mind by providing an example where being an infinite-sized attack is a requirement. I don't think that's possible considering the two scans on OP are the only ever indication of the dimensions' size

Let's point out that putting JUST ONE LIVING ROOM into Pearl's Mind made her head hurt like hell, it's the whole context of the chapter.
Pearl's mind also contains an entire catalogue of objects of varying sizes, a copy of the beach, a battlefield, and somewhere in Korea. It could just be that stuffing in the whole livingroom at once made her lightheaded, like the "entrance"(?) to her mind is "stretched" while the actual container is far larger.

The quote that the mind is infinite is likely to refer to imagination as ever expanding moreso than actual physical size.
Considering that the context is that Steven & Garnet are physically travelling through Pearl's mind, and that they could physically be there for a while, size seems just as– if not more likely.

Amethyst is just not a reliable source, the contradictory wording of "more infinite" should be clear it's not a literal affirmation of true size, Amethyst has no way to know this.
I guess? Being fair to Amethyst, she's just as much a Gem as the others, and "more infinite" just feels like a more casual/humorous wording rather than contradictory wording.

The Rooms in the Crystal Temple, which rely on the gems of the user, could not sustain a whole town. It was all based on Steven's imagination and mind, yet it's supposed to be "Infinite"? Nope. The rooms themselves rely on the user's own mind, so this is a crystal clear contradiction.
There is, as far as I know, absolutely no evidence that Gem's Rooms rely on/are the minds of a Gem.

The first link is to Rose's Room's page on the SU wiki which, which doesn't say the Room and Steven's mind are the same. In fact, Rose's Room is far more limited than the real mind of Gems, which can simulate areas far larger than a town.

The second link is to a clip from Know Your Fusion. The two important quotes are from Sardonyx and Garnet:
Sardonyx: [My Temple Room] exists, as long as I exist.
Garnet: It's Sardonyx! If she's not here, the Room can't exist!

Neither of these quotes mention a relationship between Temple Rooms and the mind. It's just that, for the Gem to have a Temple Room, the Gem must exist.

I don't really care about useless Tier 3 Hax either way, I just think a smidge of opposition is good to have.

a copy of the beach, a battlefield, and somewhere in Korea
These are memories. Assuming they work the same as real life objects is bogus.
It could just be [...]
I'm gonna stop you right there. It's issue 5, her "entrance" wasn't "stretched".
Real weird wording there btw.
The size of the content was the reason Garnet guessed she had a headache. The rate which she does it wasn't.
Considering that the context is that Steven & Garnet are physically travelling through Pearl's mind, and that they could physically be there for a while, size seems just as– if not more likely.
Yeah, ever expanding mind that can think just about anything and just create locations as they go wouldn't necessarily mean a mind that's infinite in physical size, again, this just makes the living room scene even more aggravating.

"more infinite" just feels like a more casual/humorous wording
And therefore a non-serious statement, which is what I'm arguing for.

There is, as far as I know, absolutely no evidence that Gem's Rooms rely on/are the minds of a Gem.
To quote the wiki:
"While the room can replicate other humans and Gems, it may not accurately mimic their natural behavior.
  • Aside from mimicking her position, the simulation of Peridot in "Catch and Release" could only repeat what Peridot actually said before it "poofed" away.
  • The room's simulation of Greg is far more accurate compared to the other Beach City residents, likely because of Steven's higher knowledge of his personality, and/or the nature of Steven's wish to have someone explain things. It also may be possible that the room learned more about Greg when it was inhabited by Rose.
  • The simulation of Connie in "Open Book" replicates the real Connie so well that Steven thinks it is her until he realizes how often "Connie" is asking what he wants.
    • The first time the room simulates Connie, it is very obvious that she is not real. This change is possibly due to Steven getting to know more about Connie between the episodes "Rose's Room" and "Open Book"."
This is a very strong implication that the room makes use of its user's mind, and is hosted by the very their existence.

All of that is fair yes, good response, only issue I have is;

"While the room can replicate other humans and Gems, it may not accurately mimic their natural behavior.
  • Aside from mimicking her position, the simulation of Peridot in "Catch and Release" could only repeat what Peridot actually said before it "poofed" away.
  • The room's simulation of Greg is far more accurate compared to the other Beach City residents, likely because of Steven's higher knowledge of his personality, and/or the nature of Steven's wish to have someone explain things. It also may be possible that the room learned more about Greg when it was inhabited by Rose.
  • The simulation of Connie in "Open Book" replicates the real Connie so well that Steven thinks it is her until he realizes how often "Connie" is asking what he wants.
    • The first time the room simulates Connie, it is very obvious that she is not real. This change is possibly due to Steven getting to know more about Connie between the episodes "Rose's Room" and "Open Book"."

This is like, entirely speculation on the wiki's part, and even it acknowledges there are other (imo, more likely) explanations for how Rose's Room functions.

In fact, Rose's Room can create things Steven doesn't know about, like the secret ending of Golf Quest, which is one of the first things he ever asks for.

It being reliant upon the mind of it's user is just pure headcanon, I'd recommend just sticking with the Livingroom Thing and arguing Amethyst doesn't understand infinity.

Can't read half the CRT based on the colours.... But I Agree from what i have seen in the discusion part and the part that isen't coloured....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back