• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Upgrade | Tier 3/5 Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one staff member is in the minority while most people agree that it makes sense.
Minority? Literally only saw two team members voting.

How can you be a minority?

Normal members count for nothing in votes.

Are we going to overturn an entire set of votes because one staff member is on the fence about it, meanwhile another one at least agrees with one of the ratings?
There is no "vote set"

Vote has two staff members voting, one I think agrees while the other disagrees. There is no minority or majority.

Not to mention their argument has already been proven false based on the fact they claimed we dont tier hax, which we in fact do and multiple people have said that we do.
This is not an argument, he still disagrees even after arguments from the side he is defending. And if he still disagrees, he still disagrees.

Minority? Literally only saw two team members voting.

How can you be a minority?

Normal members count for nothing in votes.

There is no "vote set"

Vote has two staff members voting, one I think agrees while the other disagrees. There is no minority or majority.

This is not an argument, he still disagrees even after arguments from the side he is defending. And if he still disagrees, he still disagrees.
Two staff voted yes, one agreed to tier 5 upgrades while being neutral on High 3-A.
The other staff disagreed with high 3-A Purely on the notion that we dont tier hax (which is not only a lie, but is spreading false information), therefore it wouldn't matter anyways since most supporters agree.
Saying anybody on a CRT who isnt staff doesn't get a vote is ridiculous especially when its 1 vs majority.

I'm not going to derail this thread on arguing on if their vote is law or not, if you feel the need to, you should ping another thread moderator, however they have no basis for disagreeing when their basis was already telling false truths to begin with.

Two staff voted yes, one agreed to tier 5 upgrades while being neutral on High 3-A.
The other staff disagreed with high 3-A Purely on the notion that we dont tier hax (which is not only a lie, but is spreading false information), therefore it wouldn't matter anyways since most supporters agree.
Maverick_Zero_X disagreed with High 3-A. Not enough votes for High 3-A.

Saying anybody on a CRT who isnt staff doesn't get a vote is ridiculous especially when its 1 vs majority.
Welcome to this site, this is literally how it works.

For crts, non-staff user votes literally do not matter as to whether the crt will be accepted or not.

They literally have no voting power.

It's the rules.

I'm not going to derail this thread on arguing on if their vote is law or not, if you feel the need to, you should ping another thread moderator, however they have no basis for disagreeing when their basis was already telling false truths to begin with.
Maverick still disagrees.

And if he still disagrees, he disagrees. And he still followed the discussion and arguments, and did not change his vote. In question High 3-A.

In fact, looking at the votes, not even one staff member agreed with High 3-A's proposal. And as I said, regular users don't have any voting power.
Users who (Agree | Disagree) with Tier High 3-A Diamonds Upgrade: ✅6 | ❌3
Comicgyal (Agree)
DemiiPowa (Agree)
Phsccarvalho (Disagree)
Emerald (Disagree?)
Maverick_Zero_X (Disagree)
Zabazab (Agree)
WeeklyBattles (Agree)
Ayewale (Agree)
TheShape03 (Agree)

Maverick_Zero_X disagreed with High 3-A. Not enough votes for High 3-A.

Welcome to this site, this is literally how it works.

For crts, non-staff user votes literally do not matter as to whether the crt will be accepted or not.

They literally have no voting power.

It's the rules.

Maverick still disagrees.

And if he still disagrees, he disagrees. And he still followed the discussion and arguments, and did not change his vote. In question High 3-A.
They disagreed on a lie against the rules.

They disagreed on a lie against the rules.
Maverick still participated in the discussion and even then he didn't change his opinion, so you can't just disqualify him, he still disagrees.

And even if you could do that.

There are no staff members who agree with High 3-A from the votes I've seen. So it still couldn't be applied.

High 3-A indeed can't be applied without any staff agreement.
So why disagree if you are aware that we tier hax abilities, you're intentionally disagreeing based on personal opinions, which you shouldnt be doing according to the site.

In order to ensure that all revisions are thoroughly reviewed and approved, it is necessary for a minimum of two staff members to sign off on any proposed changes. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, and Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

So why disagree if you are aware that we tier hax abilities, you're intentionally disagreeing based on personal opinions, which you shouldnt be doing according to the site.

That's just a failure of reading comprehension on your part. I never said that.

We tier hax, but it has to fit specific parameters. Referring back to your Bill Cipher example, he has 3-A Spatial Manipulation because his spatial rip was going to destroy the entire universe.

Why would Corruption fall in the same boat?

That's just a failure of reading comprehension on your part. I never said that.

We tier hax, but it has to fit specific parameters. Referring back to your Bill Cipher example, he has 3-A Spatial Manipulation because his spatial rip was going to destroy the entire universe.

Why would Corruption fall in the same boat?
Because the corruption is tearing apart several infinite spaces, these points have already been reiterated, Bill Cipher isn't the exception, we tier hax on site we always have, but I can't find find every single instance on the site when it has over thousands of pages.

Their ability is affected multiple infinite spaces and causing them to being tearing (which is affecting them and grounds for high 3-A), is it not?

Also no, you specifically said you disagree with giving it a tier, when it clearly has potency of some degree.
Not sure how you got “No hax is tierable” from “I disagree with tiering Steven Universe’s Corruption”.

Not sure how you got “No hax is tierable” from “I disagree with tiering Steven Universe’s Corruption”.
If the corruption is capable of tearing infinite spaces, why can it not be tired when we have tiered similar strength hax?

When it comes to Spatial Manipulation feats they’d only rated as Universal in Attack Potency if they destroy or affect the entirety of a universe-sized (or infinite-sized) space, not just from creating a tear in general. It’s why Bill has his tier.
Referring back to your Bill Cipher example, he has 3-A Spatial Manipulation because his spatial rip was going to destroy the entire universe.
Just “affecting” but not in its entirety would be Range.

No issues on the tier 5 thing, if there is 0 reason to believe it could have been something else.
In the show, Garnet states that Corruption is a tear in the fabric of the mind of a gem. Pearl states that it is nearly impossible to describe.
IMG_1003.jpg
"The fabric of something" statements are tricky, they don't always refer to the whole of something or a fraction, they can definitely refer to a part of it that isn't even a fraction. Meaning that this corruption could have teared into their minds, reaching into them (hence it teared) but not affecting the entirety of them, or a fraction of their entirety.

It being impossible to describe could mean so many things, it's cool to hear but not particularly useful.
In the first series comics, which are canon, Garnet and Steven are absorbed into Pearl's gem dimension. Garnet describes the mind as infinite, or Pearl's dimension. Amethyst also describes as it akin to a "Wallet but more infinite".
mMLEkAY3Ow9eeSwuvvaTjRm1roDe4K7uyGV76-StcSaWZYq2iosl94C8h82QyzSSkl__cLnMkOE1=s1600
cxV3u3XpqRYeehS6ffC1zCRBLNjbo4YQigdqAONY8DlaOmuwJUaVkyoJsJ6oBNd--GUmmv7kW7oc=s1600

On the site, we've already established that all gems have a pocket dimension inside of their gem, so I don't think I need to explain that part here
So is that pocket dimension and their mind the same? If they are, I can agree with a "possibly High 3-A with Corruption", under the assumption that it affects a fraction of their infinite minds, as opposed to reaching into them & affecting random parts of it (which would be nothing).

No issues on the tier 5 thing, if there is 0 reason to believe it could have been something else.

"The fabric of something" statements are tricky, they don't always refer to the whole of something or a fraction, they can definitely refer to a part of it that isn't even a fraction. Meaning that this corruption could have teared into their minds, reaching into them (hence it teared) but not affecting the entirety of them, or a fraction of their entirety.

It being impossible to describe could mean so many things, it's cool to hear but not particularly useful.

So is that pocket dimension and their mind the same? If they are, I can agree with a "possibly High 3-A with Corruption", under the assumption that it affects a fraction of their infinite minds, as opposed to reaching into them & affecting random parts of it (which would be nothing).
Yes, the pocket dimension and the mind are one and the same based on the scans I provided. As for the fabric statement, I was following the dictionary definition of "tear" which was to rip something into pieces, therefore I made the statement I did.

When it comes to Spatial Manipulation feats they’d only rated as Universal in Attack Potency if they destroy or affect the entirety of a universe-sized (or infinite-sized) space, not just from creating a tear in general. It’s why Bill has his tier.

Just “affecting” but not in its entirety would be Range.
That would be true if Garnet stated "a tear" (singular), instead she said "tear the fabric of his mind". The definition of tear is to "pull or rip (something) apart or to pieces with force." This is different since it means multiple pieces instead of a singular rip in said fabric, unlike what you're referring to.

Eficiente already addressed that “the fabric of” something doesn’t necessarily mean the whole of something.

Sorry, can the tier 5 feat be calced?
To my knowledge, I'm not sure, since every view of homeworld we have, theres really nothing else in frame to compare it to. I don't think it can be calced in any meaningful way which is why we used the baseline

Sorry, can the tier 5 feat be calced?
We just used the default planet-splitting calc since we don’t have any indication of how large Homeworld is

So why should the corruption effect scale to attack potency and not just range?

As I understand it, the comics and Prism games being secondary canon means that in case of any contradiction with the series, the series prevails, so I'll ask.
Is there nothing that contradicts? In order to get rid of any issues related to that (for example, we see the inside of the pearl gem in season 5, and it's different from how it shows in the comic)

I don't think there are any contradictions between the show and comic in this instance.

We see in 'A Single Pale Rose' that inside Pearl's pearl is a pastel void, similar to the pastel void in the comic image in the OP, with another Pearl who claims to be "surface" and is in charge of sorting every object Pearl stores in her pocket dimension.

In the episode the mind=pocket dimension is actually seemingly confirmed, as inside the surface Pearl is a russian nesting doll situation where inside Pearl's pearl is another Pearl with a pearl, which can be entered to find another Pearl with a pearl.

Each layer shows Pearl in a memory, going from surface to soon before Rose's death, to right after the Corruption (which we also see light up the sky), to the fake murder of Pink Diamond, to Pearl & Rose right before the fake murder- who was the one who wanted to Steven to reach her so he could find out about his mother.

As I understand it, the comics and Prism games being secondary canon means that in case of any contradiction with the series, the series prevails, so I'll ask.
Is there nothing that contradicts? In order to get rid of any issues related to that (for example, we see the inside of the pearl gem in season 5, and it's different from how it shows in the comic)
There are no contradictions. Her pocket dimension is infinitely large (and we see all the different memory environments that take place in it).

Moreover, you cannot invalidate the potency of an attack that is tearing apart these spaces, to do so would be ignoring the feat completely which is headcanon. Since we have confirmation it is causing physical damage.

If nobody else has anything else to add, then the talleys are finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back