• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so this is basically a repeat of what I said over on the Death Battle discussion thread.
Basically, rewatching the DB and how they used the high end Diamond Blast calc for Steven, it got me thinking as to why we don’t use that as as well.

The argument that exists for the Blast coming from Homeworld, thus making the amount of power needed larger, is Blue Diamond’s claim that White Diamond hadn’t left Homeworld in “Eons”. While Eons is not a very specific amount of time it usually means a really, really long time. This would imply that the Diamond Blast would’ve had to have come from Homeworld if White never leaves the place, since all 3 Diamonds were together to do it.

The counter argument that exists to this is that in the show, we get a few different angles of the Blast through flashbacks, and the farthest back we can actually see the Blast coming from is from beyond the Moon, so some people say the Diamond’s simply traveled to an unspecified distance behind the moon to fire the blast. Obviously this line of thinking contradicts Blue Diamond’s claim, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong. Therefore, I want to offer an alternative to adding the higher end Diamond Blast to the profiles without having to straight up change the ratings to make them way stronger than they are now.

The Higher end Diamond Blast should be calced and added to the relevant profiles that scale, with a “possibly” rating. This is because Blue Diamond’s claim must hold some weight to it, as a Diamond herself she would most likely know if White had left Homeworld for any reason. But obviously the counter argument still exists, but it is still entirely possible that Blue Diamond is right and the blast came from Homeworld, so it should have a Possibly rating for the profiles to reflect that. I also think it should be calced on here rather than using existing calculations that others off site have made, as it seems to fluctuate to anywhere from Small Planet level to Solar System level from what I’ve seen, so a more concrete calc on here should be made.

Also the Diamond’s Age should be updated to 20,000 years old as the Art Book confirms that long ago is when they first emerged.

3a9.jpg

Last edited:
Well it also says it is on "geology" as well, which I assume makes sense since planets like the earth are billion of years old.

Hmm perhaps but I’m not really sure we wanna make the assumption the Diamond’s are billions of years old.

Nice. It’s all the way in the bottom left corner for some reason but it’s there lol. Also that is weird, this seems to imply The Diamond’s were created when some planet or asteroid broke apart.
I mean in the show we do literally see a mural depicting them forming from an asteroid crashing on homeworld

What about the fact it is inapplicable as a destructive attack and specifically can only damage gems?

We accept that generating vast amounts of illumination over large distances as an AP feat due how much energy it would require, notable examples being Necrozma and that Mogo feat Weekly cited above.
On top of the fact that th Diamonds, specifically White Diamond, have shown th ability to us their light as direct damaging attacks

Plus the attack was shown to have parted clouds on a global scale

Also I’m pretty sure it was said somewhere that the Diamond’s shot the blast with the full intent to destroy all the Gems on Earth, them being corrupted was just a side effect.

Edit: Yeah it actually says it in the timeline in the OP. “All 3 remaining Diamond’s evacuate loyal gems from Earth + blast all remaining gems with a psychic attack that should have destroyed them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back