• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StretchSebe

They/Them
Now that the hype, fandom, and reactionary opposition dust has settled, and that people are just starting to come around to SU having been at least above average, with having meaningful content despite it's flaws...

Hey all. I like the show, and would like to help out.

In starting to do some recalcs of things that either had dead links (Pyramid Temple Explosion) or with pixel scaling future and og model sheets for a more accurate Steven height (and other pixel scaling), the verse page and tiering seems like it has been dormant, and in need of some clean up.

That is to say, there is a shocking amount of accepted calcs and feats for the current tierings that are conspicuously absent from the verse page's listing, or character pages, and there's still a number of things from the show that would further support tiers given to characters that aren't calc'd. I'm going to work first on the last (calculating things) before trying to work my way back to the clean up.

Last time I was going to go about some calcs, recalcs, and verse page clean up, I was told not to start with a CRT. So here we start with a general discussion thread. Hope it sits well with yall.

Oh shoot, right. Compiled list of accepted blog calcs I couldn't find on profiles, and that certainly weren't on the verse page.

Accepted calcs:
Ancient Gem Laser (7-A)
Are you a REAL Ruby? (Roaming Eye 6-C, Ruby durability 7-A. Accepted by multiple calc group members according to Ant)

There's also this one that was evaluated, though was unaccepted for dubious reasons:
Steven Lifts Gem Injector (Class M, not accepted because wait for the movie to come out??)

There are some others pertaining to the comics - which are type 2 canon - that as far as I can tell aren't contradictory and are supporting, but are unevaluated I could post as well. I'm more focused on the main stuff first though.

Unfortunately, a lot of older calcs like the pyramid temple explosion would have supported this tiering further for stats physically, but are dead links. It's these unused calcs, and scaling to environmental creation feats with accepted calcs that are still keeping the tiering.

Re-calcing the pyramid explosion also turned out building level, which is well below the tiering, but still a great feat for a verse only ten episodes in.

I'm sure going through the verse again - could probably review some more season 1-2 stuff after rewatching seasons 3-5 with friends - I could find some more feats and things to calc that could support the tiering.

So 7-A SU based off this?
I doubt anyone will scale to the first,
In Ruby's case... you need something to help the tier be consistent, and considering that her fusion's best feat is high 7-C, and the closest feat to Ruby's feat is like 5 tier lower. .. well you understand me (for starters, 8-A has lost a bit of consistency recently, having lost his inverted pyramid feat, but considering that nobody was visibly damaged (that I remember), it should be fine
I would say check out the feat of the Ruby who fell from space to earth and ended up unconscious in Yamcha's pose

On the other hand, Steven's lifting feat should be valid, the opinion in the comments is simply not to use it until the movie information is added to the profiles... and it's been like 4 years already

I doubt anyone will scale to the first,
Oh sorry yeah, I meant just the lower end of 7 tier with the feats used on the verse page, at least from what we've got so far. The laser is a weapon with the tiering, but yeah, we'd need more to actually upgrade them to it.
In Ruby's case... you need something to help the tier be consistent, and considering that her fusion's best feat is high 7-C, and the closest feat to Ruby's feat is like 5 tier lower. .. well you understand me (for starters, 8-A has lost a bit of consistency recently, having lost his inverted pyramid feat, but considering that nobody was visibly damaged (that I remember), it should be fine
I would say check out the feat of the Ruby who fell from space to earth and ended up unconscious in Yamcha's pose
Yeah, I could try and calc that among other feats I come upon again.
On the other hand, Steven's lifting feat should be valid, the opinion in the comments is simply not to use it until the movie information is added to the profiles... and it's been like 4 years already
Yes lol. Is good it is used though.
Links down that make it difficult to prove something in the calculation, and where does the height of Garnet used in the calculation come from?
If the height has some basis in pixel scaling with the kid Steven, then probably the feat can even be nerfed.
I could also try to recalc this too.

Actually just got to re-watching this episode coincidently. She crashed and yamcha pose'd, then soon after got up and interacted with Steven and Garnet who watched her crash. Calc tomorrow xd

I will try to revise the calculations that are in the profiles, to make a list (being honest, many can probably be improved)
This is what I got just looking at the profiles of the 4 main Crystal gems

I will try to revise the calculations that are in the profiles, to make a list (being honest, many can probably be improved)
This is what I got just looking at the profiles of the 4 main Crystal gems
I actually recalced Garnet's lifting of the axe, and it was an upgrade (Class 10), but yes, I would appreciate the help checking and recalcing other stuff! Just going to do the Ruby-falling-from-space for now before going back to other feats uncalced, unevaluated, or unused for whatever reason.
Lack of supporting feats aside, this feat is no longer accepted since it was deemed calc stacking, which is why it was removed.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/steve...-should-have-happened-a-long-time-ago.126045/
Darn.

I finished reviewing the profiles:
Things to take into account:
1.- I ignored the calculations of the pilot episode, for being a separate thing
2.- These are only the calculations used within the profiles, several of the links are blogs with multiple calculations and not all of them are used, it may be worth checking them
3.- Leave some notes, within the table itself as below it, addressing some errors regarding the calculations as well as some profiles

I finished reviewing the profiles:
Things to take into account:
1.- I ignored the calculations of the pilot episode, for being a separate thing
2.- These are only the calculations used within the profiles, several of the links are blogs with multiple calculations and not all of them are used, it may be worth checking them
3.- Leave some notes, within the table itself as below it, addressing some errors regarding the calculations as well as some profiles
First is understandable.

Second is yeesh. Sooo many dead links. I'd be interested in taking a crack at some of the calcs there, like Sapphire's homerun and the corrupting light speed if we know where the attack was from. Seen confusion on whether it was simply from moon base, or from homeworld itself, and can't remember it being specified in the series at any point.

As for third point, are you saying to leave edits of the current errors/fixes, or just describing it as is?

As for third point, are you saying to leave edits of the current errors/fixes, or just describing it as is?
No, I'm just saying that I leave some notes about some problems with the profiles, and some little notes inside the calculation table itself about the calculations.
All this:
Steven Page links brokens:
Cluster page link brokens:

Notes abaut Lapis profile

• Lapiz's profile requires the steal the ocean calculation to be linked instead of the video he currently has on the profile
  • Remove direct mention of High 6-A in speed
  • Where does the Class Z come from? There is nothing linked in its justification
Notes about Diamond profiles

• References are wrongly formatted
  • Why moon level? this should have been calculated, or at least linked to something that says the basic level of similar feats
I understand there was a CTR on it, but it's been horribly implemented.

Notes about Squaridot profile

• Her first Durability is wrong, she is getting mountain level climbing from Ruby and Peridot
  • Her second key is worong... why? Because 6-C

Notes about White light and The Harmony Core profile

• 6-C mentions have to be eliminate
Notes about Gem Homeworld profile

• 6-C mentions mentions have to be eliminate
  • 6-B Diamonds mentions have to be updated to actual level of the diamonds

Yep. It makes me feel better about the current tiering at least given there are much better feats than this ofc.

Interestingly, although it is Town level, it goes a bit against the High 7-C level that the characters currently have.(Spinel is shown to be comparable to Garnet, but needs to increase the size of his fist to cause that crater)
Although it can be argued that they are really only comparable in LS (I think. I remember Spinel for a moment was grappling with Garnet, but I don't remember the fight and I don't know if they actually exchanged blows)

Interestingly, although it is Town level, it goes a bit against the High 7-C level that the characters currently have.(Spinel is shown to be comparable to Garnet, but needs to increase the size of his fist to cause that crater)
Although it can be argued that they are really only comparable in LS (I think. I remember Spinel for a moment was grappling with Garnet, but I don't remember the fight and I don't know if they actually exchanged blows)
Well, that's a shame if the verse is downgraded. But it is what it is. 8-A - 7-C is respectable.

I could try and revisit this feat. I think the pixel scaling is ok, but it could be done more meticulously.

While their first fight (Spinel vs Crystal Gems) may have been as one sided as it was because they weren't aware of what she was capable of and what she had (the gem rejuvenator in particular), I do think that afterwards it's implied she's at least equal to a crystal gem with her fight against Steven, and that she couldn't take them all on reformed iirc. In any case, I'll revisit this cause the first was never evaluated.

While their first fight (Spinel vs Crystal Gems) may have been as one sided as it was because they weren't aware of what she was capable of and what she had (the gem rejuvenator in particular), I do think that afterwards it's implied she's at least equal to a crystal gem with her fight against Steven, and that she couldn't take them all on reformed iirc. In any case, I'll revisit this cause the first was never evaluated.
The Crystal Gems were caught off guard at first by Spinel, but they quickly adapted to her in their second fight and handled her pretty well.

Well, that's a shame if the verse is downgraded. But it is what it is. 8-A - 7-C is respectable.
Johnny Test vs Steven Universe finna be crazy. Wish I could use my Johnny X key, though.

The Crystal Gems were caught off guard at first by Spinel, but they quickly adapted to her in their second fight and handled her pretty well.
Yeah, pretty much.

I'd argue that at that point she'd just be 'on par' with any single member, able to hold her own and possibly win depending. Of course, she wouldn't win against the team, oreven two of them after their first fight though.
Johnny Test vs Steven Universe finna be crazy. Wish I could use my Johnny X key, though.
I first read this as Johnny Bravo and was going to say that would actually be a fun matchup lol

I do think that afterwards it's implied she's at least equal to a crystal gem with her fight against Steven,
Steven fought defensively the whole time, all of Spinel's punches ended in a shield or a bubble.
And the problem I'm saying is simple: Spinel makes his fist bigger, turns it into a spring and hits Steven with full force... There is no way for Spinel to scale to that force normally, I think that Spine should be: (-- Normally, up to -- with Giant Punch)
Also, Steven is likely superior and was simply holding back. (Steven could already push Spinel simply by breaking his bubble hard)

Anyway, in order not to be so downplayer I will ask this
Has anyone calculated this feat? They are clouds, so we might get a good result (although it would only apply to the giant fist itself)...Wow, looks like I'm a Steven Universe dowplayer

I don't see how it would only apply to the giant fist only.
Now that I think about it... you're right, what causes this is the act of compressing his arm like a spring, the very size of the fist is doing little or nothing in this (unless it is assumed that the weight of the fist helps something).

By the way, Spinel should be able to get LS by the simple act of being able to move his fist while it's giant, How much would that be? also this (Although in any way Spinel scale of Garnet)

Back