• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello everyone, now that Legs From Here to Homeworld has aired on TV it's now possible to talk about it without spoilers, and as such, I am now starting a discussion thread for Diamond Days as a whole. Please avoid this thread if you haven't seen the new episodes yet as you could be spoiled. Looking forward to the discussion everybody!

Nothing to bump yet. Literally nobody was waiting for Legs, and the actual next episode is only on monday.

None whatsoever, there are at least a dozen examples of Gems going MFTL+ with no issue at this point

Its more like a big middle finger to Pearl saying Gems cant handle FTL speeds, something she said as they were going MFTL+ btw

Pearl's statement, there is so much contradicting it and she even made the claim that they cant go FTL while they were in the process of going FTL

Wish they did that more often. Those scenes of them going super far past FTL remind me of Spaceballs, "They've gone plaid!"

I can't wait til the gems get upped to FTL reactions when they inevitably fight the Diamonds, even though I still believe that the Diamond's attack speed is still much higher.

Well, that was quite a good episode with a fantastic song in my opinion. Also apparently Steven can just create life with his tears.

I guess it has sense, it seems she has Life Manipulation in general. Also, did I miss something? Was Yellow Diamond sweating or was just the condensed water? Inorganic beings shouldn't be enable to sweat.

Antoniofer said:
I guess it has sense, it seems she has Life Manipulation in general. Also, did I miss something? Was Yellow Diamond sweating or was just the condensed water? Inorganic beings shouldn't be enable to sweat.
Inorganic beings shouldn't be able to cry either, but here we are.

Yeah, but they were "suppossed" to shapeshift via photokinetic construct, not create/reform matter. But yeah, as Tipoima said, they cry and somehow create life, so at this point it doesn't matter if they do that.

So the Gem Homeworld has a way bigger influence than we thought seeing as Yellow alone has conquered hundreds of planets or solar systems (Depending on what Yellow meant by 'Crystal System Colonies')

Oh man, I just had a great idea for a huge intergalactic war. The Gem Empire from SU, vs The Covenant from Halo. And it could work too because the Covvies have 6-A technology!

Also I know that this has nothing to do with Diamond Days but I calced the speed of that ship Pearl built back in Season 2, and it's pretty impressive.

So Pearl was taking the ship to the "nearest Star system" to Earth, which according to this article on Nasa's website, is Proxima Centauri, which is 40,208,000,000,000 km away from Earth. She said it would take 50 years for them to get back to Earth, so assuming it takes them half the time to get there and half the time to get back that's 25 years to reach Proxima Centauri. Plugging that into this calculator gets a speed of 50,999,500 m/s.

Then, taking 50,999,500 m/s and plugging it into this m/s to mach speed calculator we get a mach of 149870.7. Finally, taking that mach and putting it into a light speed conversio calculator we get 0.17% the Speed of Light.

Within less than a day, Pearl built a relativistic ship. Quite an impressive feat if I do say so myself. And I do.

Please don't tear me apart if I got this wrong this is my first calc ever.

Hyped for the new episode tomorrow, especially since one of the people who work at Cartoon Network said it was their favorite from the whole arc.

...Ok.

Just gonna say this now, and maybe I'm wrong because I'm unaware of other verses, but Homeworld easily has the weirdest society I've ever seen. Half of the gems in that ball room looked like they were literal cogs from a machine.

I know, but still. Everything about this place is just creepy.

I keep getting reminded of that seen in Rick and Morty. "You only exist to pass butter." "Oh my god." "You only exist to comb hair." You only exist as a disco machine."

Yeah thats kinda the point, the kid show style sorta masks the fact that the concept of Homeworld society is deeply disturbing, SU as a whole is pretty good at that.

Opal appeared for 2 whole seconds and in those 2 whole seconds I knew true bliss before it was stripped away by Yellow Diamond.

Yellow has to take it back, not me. The triggers already been pulled, it's too late for her. She didn't have to die for Steven but she did anyway.

Her trigger was saying out loud that she already was fusing before. If she kept her mouth shut or played it as "getting totally inspired by a Diamond" she'd likely get a pass, because again - Gems are expected to follow the Diamond example. They'd probably still get permanently separated tho.

Back