• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Upgrade | Tier 3/5 Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreover, Its a very ignorant view to dispute evidence simply because of moderator status.

For example, If a character is shown to control water, but a staff says thats fire manipulation, it should not get passed simply because they have a higher status when they've been proven incorrect. (This example is super extreme and unreleastic, but it illustrates my point)

He literally agreed to just give range.

Totally irrelevant, several staff members vote practically every day on verses in which they have little or no knowledge of the subject they have watched or read.
Being range while having potency isn't mutually exclusive

Moreover, Its a very ignorant view to dispute evidence simply because of moderator status.

For example, If a character is shown to control water, but a staff says thats fire manipulation, it should not get passed simply because they have a higher status when they've been proven incorrect. (This example is super extreme and unreleastic, but it illustrates my point)
False equivalence.

They are in administrator and bureaucrat positions because, in addition to knowing how to argue, they know the rules of the site and what kind of feat fits into what, that's why they are ADMs/Bureaucrats.

And before anyone says "authority fallacy", this site literally stands on it considering that only team votes count in crts.

Being range while having potency isn't mutually exclusive
And what does it matter? If they're only voting for "range", they're only voting for that.

False equivalence.

They are in administrator and bureaucrat positions because, in addition to knowing how to argue, they know the rules of the site and what kind of feat fits into what, that's why they are ADMs/Bureaucrats.

And before anyone says "authority fallacy", this site literally stands on it considering that only team votes count in crts.

And what does it matter? If they're only voting for "range", they're only voting for that.
So what if the mod states that they'll abuse their powers just to not get a thread passed? Does it still pass then?

I don’t understand why this only applies to range. It’s not as though the corruption travelled like some gradual process, despite that it still qualifies because it would’ve travelled an inifinite area. Still I see that it affected the mind all at once with a blast.

If the corruption is destructive, then it should not be limited to range based on arbitrary reasoning. Is there anyone willing to state why destroying an area is limited to range and not Attack potency?

I don’t understand why this only applies to range. It’s not as though the corruption travelled like some gradual process, despite that it still qualifies because it would’ve travelled an inifinite area. Still I see that it affected the mind all at once with a blast.

If the corruption is destructive, then it should not be limited to range based on arbitrary reasoning. Is there anyone willing to state why destroying an area is limited to range and not Attack potency?
Because whether they destroy the realm its entirety or just create a tear in it is up in the air.

Because whether they destroy the realm its entirety or just create a tear in it is up in the air.
Its not up in the air, and even if that was the case, it still tore the space of hundreds of infinite spaces (it wasnt a singular tear because garnet did not say "a tear"), which qualifies for high 3-A.

At this point, we're just ignoring the feats and trying to apply headcanon where it doesnt exist

Tbh either way it’ll lead to the same infinite area being affected. If it’s a “small” tear: infinity / 1000000… is still infinity.

Besides, if it’s up in the air, that means there’s a possibility it did destroy the realm in its entirety. Wouldn’t a possibly rating suffice? “Possibly High 3-A with corruption”

Possibly​

Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly.

@DemiiPowa

Feel free to apply what was accepted here then.

I will close this thread. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back