• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Upgrade | Tier 3/5 Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemiiPowa

She/Her
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Getting straight into the meat of the revision, I believe the Diamonds (White Diamond, Blue Diamond, and Yellow Diamond) should have tier 5 physicals and tier 3 corruption.

So I'll explain the corruption parts first.

The Corrupting Light:
would-the-corrupting-light-have-shattered-the-cg-with-pink-v0-7e2jukgn7d4b1.jpg

The Diamonds (White Diamonds, Blue Diamond, and Yellow Diamond) unleashed a planetwide attack on earth that corrupted nearly every gem on it. As of now, we know there are at least 80 "named" corrupted gems at the time of the series, however during the time of the gem war, there was enough to form an army.

In the show, Garnet states that Corruption is a tear in the fabric of the mind of a gem. Pearl states that it is nearly impossible to describe.
IMG_1003.jpg

In the first series comics, which are canon, Garnet and Steven are absorbed into Pearl's gem dimension. Garnet describes the mind as infinite, or Pearl's dimension. Amethyst also describes as it akin to a "Wallet but more infinite".
mMLEkAY3Ow9eeSwuvvaTjRm1roDe4K7uyGV76-StcSaWZYq2iosl94C8h82QyzSSkl__cLnMkOE1=s1600
cxV3u3XpqRYeehS6ffC1zCRBLNjbo4YQigdqAONY8DlaOmuwJUaVkyoJsJ6oBNd--GUmmv7kW7oc=s1600

On the site, we've already established that all gems have a pocket dimension inside of their gem, so I don't think I need to explain that part here, and the diamonds were able to corrupt every gem on earth during the rebellion in a single blast. Due to garnets description of corrupting being similar to tear in the mind, the Diamonds would effectively be damaging all of these dimensions in one blast.

Therefore, I believe the Diamonds (Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, and White Diamond) should receive one of the following ratings.
• Possibly High 3-A with Corruption (Released the Corrupting Light, which was capable of corrupting nearly every gem on earth, and by extension, damaging every respective gem's pocket dimension).
or
High 3-A with Environmental Destruction (Released the Corrupting Light, which was capable of corrupting nearly every gem on earth, and by extension, damaging every respective gem's pocket dimension).

*To reiterate, our site standards only require that the feat affects the spaces, not necessarily destroy/create them.

Users who (Agree | Disagree) with Tier High 3-A Diamonds Upgrade: ✅10 | ❌3
Comicgyal (Agree)
DemiiPowa (Agree)
Phsccarvalho (Disagree)
Emerald (Disagree?)
Maverick_Zero_X (Disagree)
Zabazab (Agree)
WeeklyBattles (Agree)
Ayewale (Agree)
TheShape03 (Agree)
Eficiente (Agree)
Greatsage13th (Agree)
Arnoldstone18 (Agree)
ProfectusInfinity (Agree)

The Emerging Diamonds

This feat is a bit more blatant and simple. In a page from the Steven Universe handbook, it shows a complete timeline of every major event in the series' history, including the emergence of the diamonds.

latest.png
3a9.jpg

As seen above, the diamonds emerging is what caused Homeworld to be destroyed, and it remains this way even many many years later. The diamonds should have the following rating.
At least 5-B (Caused the destruction of Homeworld by emerging).
At least Low 5-B (Caused the destruction of Homeworld, just by emerging)
• At least 5-C (Caused the destruction of Homeworld, just by emerging)

• Likely 5-C (Caused the destruction of Homeworld, just by emerging)

Users who (Agree | Disagree) with Tier 5 Diamonds Upgrade: ✅13 | ❌0
DemiiPowa (Agree)
ByAsura (Agree)
Thelastmlg (Agree)
Adem_Warlock69 (Agree)
Da3ggman (Agree)
WeeklyBattles (Agree)
Ayewale (Agree)
TheShape03 (Agree)
CinnabarManx421 (Agree)
Eficiente (Agree)
Greatsage13th (Agree)
Arnoldstone18 (Agree)
ProfectusInfinity (Agree)

FAQ:
Q
: Does a gem getting shattered make someone High 3-A?
A: No. Destroying the physical gem does not equate to destroying the dimension itself, since you're not destroying their mind, but their physical "body" which is just the thing that the dimension requires to exist, however even when a gem is shattered, their consciousness still remains, it just becomes scattered across the shards as shown in the series.

This thread is open to discussion, however if you don't have anything to contribute, please do not clog up the thread or attempt to derail.❌

Last edited:
This feat is a bit more blatant and simple. In a page from the Steven Universe handbook, it shows a complete timeline of every major event in the series' history, including the emergence of the diamonds.

latest.png
3a9.jpg

As seen above, the diamonds emerging is what caused Homeworld to be destroyed, and it remains this way even many many years later. The diamonds should have the following ratings.
• At least 5-B (Caused the destruction of Homeworld by emerging).
Will comment on the High 3-A thing later but splitting a planet in half is Low 5-B rather than full on 5-B.

also wouldn't it be divided in 4 or did 1 of them emerging caused it before the others
Oh yea, that’s a fair point.
If they all emerged at the same time then yes, the yield should be divided by 4.
Assuming Homeworld is at least earthsize and we split the GBE of earth by 4, then we get 6.2175e+31 J

Low 5-B

Neutral on High 3-A, but Low 5-B should be possibly, imo.

Unless I'm missing a passage, the page doesn't outright say what happened, and the origin section is redacted due to the show's cancellation. For all we know, they just emerged from the shattered remains of Homeworld, or even due to the events that shattered it.

Oh yea, that’s a fair point.
If they all emerged at the same time then yes, the yield should be divided by 4.
Assuming Homeworld is at least earthsize and we split the GBE of earth by 4, then we get 6.2175e+31 J

Low 5-B
as pointed before, splitting a planet is already low 5-B so we'd divide that by 4

5.0811706477439e+30 / 4 = 1.2702927e+30 joules, which is 10x 5-C

Unless I'm missing a passage, the page doesn't outright say what happened, and the origin section is redacted due to the show's cancellation. For all we know, they just emerged from the shattered remains of Homeworld, or even due to the events that shattered it.
I mean, not really? Assuming the planet was pre-shattered is kind of a huge assumption when in the show itself we know for a fact that powerful Gems use entire planets as a means of incubation, and then shatter the planet when thy emerge, such as the Cluster. Its far less of an assumption to say that they shattered the planet by emerging than to say that the planet was shattered by an outside force and they just happened to be there.

1. Firstly, the show was never cancelled.
2. Second, based on evidence we already have, and using occurs razor, the simplest assumption is that they broke Homeworld by emerging. Nothing really contradicts this, nor do we have any anti-feats to disprove such.

1. Firstly, the show was never cancelled.
It was.
2. Second, based on evidence we already have, and using occurs razor, the simplest assumption is that they broke Homeworld by emerging.
I'll address this when I get to Weekly's comment.
Nothing really contradicts this, nor do we have any anti-feats to disprove such.
This is just any undisprovable hypothesis in a nutshell.

We don't have all the facts, so a possibly or likely rating is best.
I mean, not really? Assuming the planet was pre-shattered is kind of a huge assumption when in the show itself we know for a fact that powerful Gems use entire planets as a means of incubation, and then shatter the planet when thy emerge, such as the Cluster. Its far less of an assumption to say that they shattered the planet by emerging than to say that the planet was shattered by an outside force and they just happened to be there.
The Diamonds aren't an artificial cluster of millions of already-incubated gems that were going to be larger than the Earth (hence why it would've been destroyed according to Peridot) by taking on a physical form, nor are they anywhere near as powerful as even a portion of said physical form. That shouldn't be our go-to evidence.

Also, there is cosmic phenomena capable of destroying planets just naturally, although I will admit there isn't really anything that tears planets apart like this.

Last edited:
It was from an article. I have no idea why said article was removed, but, if it's valid, I'd say that should be enough for this rating to be solid.

Edit: This is why it was removed.

It was.

I'll address this when I get to Weekly's comment.

This is just any undisprovable hypothesis in a nutshell.

We don't have all the facts, so a possibly or likely rating is best.

The Diamonds aren't an artificial cluster of millions of already-incubated gems that were going to be larger than the Earth (hence why it would've been destroyed according to Peridot) by taking on a physical form, nor are they anywhere near as powerful as even a portion of said physical form. That shouldn't be our go-to evidence.

Also, there is cosmic phenomena capable of destroying planets just naturally, although I will admit there isn't really anything that tears planets apart like this.
Regardless it’s within the series’ canon whether the show is cancelled or not, otherwise we wouldn’t have scaled the series. This is derailing, but yes a likely rating will suffice

In agreement with 3A. I remember in an episode that Sardonyx says that her room is infinite in size, and she’s able to manipulate it freely. Though not sure if that can be used as supporting evidence? Regardless, agree.

I remember that it is said that the pink diamond is the youngest among the diamonds, doesn't that mean they didn't emerge at the same time?

I remember that it is said that the pink diamond is the youngest among the diamonds, doesn't that mean they didn't emerge at the same time?
Shes not the youngest physically, just the youngest mentally/emotionally. The first Era of the Gem empire started with all four diamonds

In agreement with 3A. I remember in an episode that Sardonyx says that her room is infinite in size, and she’s able to manipulate it freely. Though not sure if that can be used as supporting evidence? Regardless, agree.
that's just pocket reality manipulation i think, i forgot what their rooms in the temple are supposed to be

High 3-A via Corruption (Released the Corrupting Light, which was capable of corrupting nearly every gem on earth, and by extension, damaging every respective gem's pocket dimension).
Wouldn't that just be range?

Corruption is hax and not AP so why would it have a level? It could be range considering they affected the genes of your home planet.

Honestly tho, the Gems should have some limited form.of high 3-A reality warping, it is a consistent thing that both the pocket reality inside their gemstones as well as their rooms in the temples are infinite spaces, with the Gems having full control over them to the point that those realities cease to exist when the Gem shatters/unfuses

Aren't the Gem's minds a space that can be physically entered and interacted with though? Significantly affecting an infinite 3-D space is grounds for High 3-A.

It is a bit of a weird one though, since it doubles as an actual space and mindscape.

Aren't the Gem's minds a space that can be physically entered and interacted with though? Significantly affecting an infinite 3-D space is grounds for High 3-A.

It is a bit of a weird one though, since it doubles as an actual space and mindscape.
Yes, all Gems have an infinite sized pocket reality within their gemstone, which can be entered and interacted with as well as manipulated by the Gem, and this reality is then projected into a physical space through the Temple

their rooms in the temples are infinite spaces,
So isn't it Rose's?

I just remember Rose's room being a "pocket dimension"

All the other rooms are physical, and you can even go from one room to another using physical things.

And even rose's room is limited, as the room overloaded trying to replicate beach city.

The Temple rooms would just be pocket dimension manipulation, not reality warping I believe. And extremely limited at that since they're stationary. I was moreso speaking of the Gem's minds which can physically be entered through the Gemstone.

All the other rooms are physical, and you can even go from one room to another using physical things.
They're infinite according to Sardonyx, and you physically can go between Rose's room and others as well as seen in Together Breakfast and Catch & Release.

And even rose's room is limited, as the room overloaded trying to replicate beach city.
I don't think it was the scale of the size of Beach City, but rather trying to accurately create all of the citizens, objects, animals, physics, etc. that overloaded the room. An infinite space of just pink clouds might be easier for it than that.

Wouldn't that just be range?

Corruption is hax and not AP so why would it have a level? It could be range considering they affected the genes of your home planet.
No, you're manipulating that space or affecting it, it is not range. Range would be affecting another gem thats inside of the space, but corruption is physically tearing it as we've already seen.
Yea this
Its not AP, its range.
Already responded with the above.
Yeah, I disagree with giving Corruption a tier. High 3-A Range should work.
Already responded with the above.

Adding to my previous comment, those things are not mutually exclusive. The corruption could be both High 3-A and have high range, saying hax doesnt give Ap or is incapable of doing it is false when we have several profiles on the wiki that already do so.

However I feel that's irrelevant anyways since I've already proved that the corruption is physically damaging these infinite spaces.

So isn't it Rose's?

I just remember Rose's room being a "pocket dimension"

Steven only went to the other rooms because he willed a way into those other rooms through Rose's room

Adding to my previous comment, those things are not mutually exclusive. The corruption could be both High 3-A and have high range, saying hax doesnt give Ap or is incapable of doing it is false when we have several profiles on the wiki that already do so.

However I feel that's irrelevant anyways since I've already proved that the corruption is physically damaging these infinite spaces.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, just "affecting" an infinite space is enough for High 3-A according to the wiki, so tearing apart the fabric of likely several thousand of these spaces should be enough I think.

They're infinite according to Sardonyx, and you physically can go between Rose's room and others as well as seen in Together Breakfast and Catch & Release.
What episode was this said in?

I don't think it was the scale of the size of Beach City, but rather trying to accurately create all of the citizens, objects, animals, physics, etc. that overloaded the room. An infinite space of just pink clouds might be easier for it than that.
I don't remember that, I just remember being told that recreating the whole place exceeds the room's capacity.

No, you're manipulating that space or affecting it, it is not range. Range would be affecting another gem thats inside of the space, but corruption is physically tearing it as we've already seen.
Corruption is hax, affecting an infinite space with corruption is reach since it's literally not attack power, it's hax.

Also, corruption can affect the physical, it's literally written there.
Corruption is the ability to "infect" someone or something with one's power, making said person or thing into a different being or state of being than it was before.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

These profiles shouldn't even have.

Like for example some profiles that have the AP "Low 1-C with EE", and EE is not AP and should not be in AP.

Steven only went to the other rooms because he willed a way into those other rooms through Rose's room
I remember an episode that Steven from the pearl's room went to other rooms.

Season 4 Episode 2 "Know Your Fusion"
Oh-ho-ho-ho-hooo! Stop! inches in towards Smoky But really, please stop. Your act is tremendous, but your stage is too small. We need some space to get to know each other. crawls towards the Temple Gate Somewhere a bit more... infinite.

Corruption is hax, affecting an infinite space with corruption is reach since it's literally not attack power, it's hax.
The physical corruption of a Gem's form is just a side-effect of their mind, which is an infinite space, having its fabric torn apart.

Is there any strong reason for why their stats should scale to them emerging?
When gems emerge, they push from whatever rock or planet they're emerging from. Because of this, I think this scales to their durability since their body simply taking shape is enough to break a planet to their point where it's GBE cant keep it together anymore, otherwise, the planet would have immediately closed back up and poofed/shattered/killed them.

The site's standards on Ap/Durability say this would be applicable to Attack Potency & vise versa.

Season 4 Episode 2 "Know Your Fusion"
Thanks.

The physical corruption of a Gem's form is just a side-effect of their mind, which is an infinite space, having its fabric torn apart.
I still don't think it's AP since she's doing a comparison and it's still an effect of a hax. Even because the attack intended to destroy the genes but ended up "only" affecting the mind.

But I think I've said everything I wanted to, I think it's best to leave it to the staff members for now.

Also if this is for AP. Will be funny.

Each diamond would have infinite AP because of corruption. And the mere touch of each diamond can reverse a gem's corruption. That is, even without the corruption ray made by the three, with their own powers they could accomplish something High 3-A.

I want to see where this goes.

I don't remember that, I just remember being told that recreating the whole place exceeds the room's capacity.

Also, corruption can affect the physical, it's literally written there.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

These profiles shouldn't even have.

Like for example some profiles that have the AP "Low 1-C with EE", and EE is not AP and should not be in AP.

I remember an episode that Steven from the pearl's room went to other rooms.
A hax ability doesn't need conventional attack potency to be tiered, we've always done it that way. If a character can erase a universe away with a snap of their finger, we tier them 3-A.

The diamonds being able to tear multiple infinite spaces via corrupting them qualifies them for high 3-A based on our site standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back