• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Spinel's a female, btw. She's not a boy.
Seems like she just used a horn to shake everything around her. Could be something, though I'm not an expert.

By the way, Spinel should be able to get LS by the simple act of being able to move his fist while it's giant,
That should also be true.

Not sure if this calc is correct but here’s a calc dispersal feat from the first episode

I have no clue if this is accurate or not.

I think for now the feat of Spinel dispersing the clouds with her Luffy fist should be calc'd.

Also, Steven is likely superior and was simply holding back. (Steven could already push Spinel simply by breaking his bubble hard)

Anyway, in order not to be so downplayer
Nah it's fine: I was just saying Spinel wouldn't be that much worse in tiering than the average Crystal Gem even if she wouldn't likely win fights against them.
Has anyone calculated this feat? They are clouds, so we might get a good result (although it would only apply to the giant fist itself)...Wow, looks like I'm a Steven Universe dowplayer
I don't see how it would only apply to the giant fist only.

But regardless, that should be calculated, as that likely is another tier 7 feat.
I was actually planning on doing that alongside the crater feat again. Had started last night briefly. Looks like I missed a lot last night lol

Damn bro only 9-A for the cloud feat?

At least we're getting consistent tier 8-7 feats.
Mostly due to the viewing distance. The distance we see it at is really close unlike with the Sapphire feat where we see the clouds from ground level.

Unless the 'average viewing distance' were to somehow still apply, that's the main reason the kinetic energy value is so low. That, and the fact that they're being pushed omni directionally, which makes the KE equation go from 0.5 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement) to 0.25 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)

It's finished. Clouds were 9-A - 8-C, but crater is still a solid 7-C feat.

Great as always, StretchSebe

• The cloud feat was... disappointing, and I had very low expectations (High 8-C).
  • The case of the crater feat is great, the best thing is that Steven doesn't get much damage, so the feat can serve as a support feat for some higher feat (probably the one feat that already scales half a verse). On the other hand, Spinel shouldn't scale the feat as normal, considering that this feat is triggered by a move obviously stronger than she can do without enlarging his fist.
Find how many times "feat" is mentioned in the comment, I'll give you a cookie to the first right

Last edited:
Great as always, StretchSebe

• The cloud feat was... disappointing, and I had very low expectations (High 8-C).
  • The case of the crater feat is great, the best thing is that Steven doesn't get much damage, so the feat can serve as a support feat for some higher feat (probably the one feat that already scales half a verse). On the other hand, Spinel shouldn't scale the feat as normal, considering that this feat is triggered by a move obviously stronger than she can do without enlarging his fist.
Find how many times "feat" is mentioned in the comment, I'll give you a cookie to the first right
Thank you. If we're granted greater distance the clouds thing would probably be much better, but yeah, for now it can just be a little prelude to the actual crater feat, which is is more a feat of Durability for Steven as you say as well.

It's true Spinel wouldn't normally scale to this feat or the Crystal Gems, let alone be likely to pull this kind of attack off in a regular fight (unless their opponent gets caught up in a song like Steven did lol). She does have uniquely capable body control that allows her to produce attacks like this one that are far higher than what she might normally be capable of as a relatively average gem (sort of like Gear 3 Luffy pre-timeskip).

Again though, she'd definitely tier between regular gems and the crystal gems power levels, wherever the average gem would be at (assumably at least 8-C given that Ruby calc I did of her falling from space).
I decided to do the calculation of the speed of corrupting light, and obviously it is veryyyyyyyyyyyy low
I can't believe their corrupting light is only Relativistic+ smh my head :sleep:

Nah, but that's good supporting speed given the other relativistic feats. Especially since Rose Quartz reacted to it and shields the crystal gems from it.

Also, what'd the inverse square law for joules be if possible? Still country level?

Last edited:
Doing the math of the blog (only changing the velocity with yours), using the kg of clouds he used, (0.5)(499858.792m^2)(232969696.97m/s)^2 = 1.35243150299999995e+22 J, which is already Small Country or Low 6-B.

Going from there to the inverse square law using area of clouds for 1.35243150299999995e+22/ 35099.921375 = 3.8530898e+17.

Then using area of blast, 4.6421229e+17 * 3.8530898e+17 = 42.749799235181647816 Yotatons of tnt (Planet Level)

No shot. Ain't no way we getting this upgrade. We wouldn't be allowed to use the re-calculated speed, or something will be wrong with how the
scene was originally calc'd and be reverted back to country level😭

I mean I think it’s been pretty obvious it’s from Homeworld for awhile. They outright say White Diamond has never left Homeworld so it could only come from there lol

964.jpg

I won't go into the whole statistical outlier vs statistical anomaly argument, but I think this would be more a situation where a character is capable of producing an attack of a far greater tier than they're physically at. Like in DBZ how Radditz was defeated with a charged Ki attack by Piccolo even though Piccolo was physically below Radditz and the attack in tier. SU is heavily inspired from many anime, after all. I'm sure with all the metal stuff the diamonds fracture and break in Season 5 (just in Episode 2 Yellow casually cuts a huge chunk of the court room out) we can find some feats for their more immediate tiering. Speaking of:
Since it was a team attack, do we divide the results we get by 3?
The corrupting light is the attack of 3 diamonds, not just one's attack. Like with the feat you mentioned, we would divide the AP output by 3 because of this. Though it'd still be 14.24993308 Yottatons per diamond which is still the same tiering 💀

I was referring to the solar system version (although I was joking)... Now I'm serious
Below is just my arguments... my bias arguments, but that are:
  • Lapislazuli is capable of creating solar system chains? (Lapis had some time to prepare the chains, unlike when they fought Blue Diamond, where she could force herself out, but the maximum possible Lapis can with the water from the earth is High 6-A)
  • The corrupting light does not even cause physical damage, even though the calculation is correct, why is it even used for Ap?, the gems were corrupted, humans were not affected and all objects were completely unaffected

Hmm, is there a reason Gem Steven's combat or at least reaction speed doesn't scale to White Diamond's attack speed, given he casually blocked her beams from extremely close range?

Am back.
I was referring to the solar system version (although I was joking)... Now I'm serious
Below is just my arguments... my bias arguments, but that are:
  • If they are a solar system, what use is the Cluster?
As we've discussed, the Corrupting Light attack itself is weaker than it would have been due to the absence of pink when they performed it.

Regardless, According to the wiki: "The attack was intended to obliterate all Gems on Earth; however, it instead resulted in the corruption of almost every Gem on the planet." This was revealed to be the intent in the episode Legs From Here to Homeworld. 'Obliterate all Gems on Earth' can mean anything from 'the attack would specifically obliterate Gems' and 'the attack would have enough force to obliterate all gems.'

I'd go with the former given (as you later say) life and the earth seemed unaffected, and the latter would be overkill with the math we have already.

The fact that a 75% power version still corrupted gems brings attention to how the attack would actually function. We know it's light, but what about it was corrupting? This bit in the trivia of the wiki page provides a possible explanation from theoretical astrophysics:
  • It's possible that the light attack was actually the manifestation of an occurrence in theoretical astrophysics known as a kugelblitz, which is a concentration of heat, light or radiation (in this case being light) so great in intensity that it traps itself in its own event horizon, warping spacetime around it. This would be a possible explanation in and itself as to why Gems exposed to it became corrupted; since physical forms of Gems are made of light, they were likely warped by the physics-altering nature of the kugelblitz.
Again, this is not to suggest they're universal+, or that they could actually create black holes at full power or some shit because of the spacetime thing. This interesting observation could explain the how and why for the corruption, and with what we've been finding with it's speed, it suggests to me there is enough evidence that calculating inverse-square law could be potentially valid to apply to this attack.

As for Cluster, it's mostly about the creation of 'ideal' worlds for Gems (as the Diamonds envision).

Peridot finds the plans of how earth would be designed post-cluster when they went to the moon base before she finally defected to the Crystal Gems.

IIRC, this is why clusters themselves are designed differently for any given planet, and given the horrendous implications of how clusters are made (from the shards of broken gems), it's likely just the Diamonds 'recycling' the excesses of their brutal regime to continue expanding their colonial efforts in space.
  • Lapislazuli is capable of creating solar system chains? (Lapis had some time to prepare the chains, unlike when they fought Blue Diamond, where she could force herself out, but the maximum possible Lapis can with the water from the earth is High 6-A)
I was going into this in the Baki General Thread, but Striking strength and AP require a very different type of strength than Lifting Strength. In their case, fast-twitch vs slow-twitch fiber muscles. In this case... they're light, but probably still something similar.

Monster Steven is restrained by the cluster's arm, not sparring with it. Similarly, he breaks the water chains holding him down; no striking or anything. I'm not sure how we'd go about calculating these lifting strength feats, but again, neither Lapis or the Cluster would be scaling to AP here, but LS.
  • The corrupting light does not even cause physical damage, even though the calculation is correct, why is it even used for Ap?, the gems were corrupted, humans were not affected and all objects were completely unaffected
I again refer to the inverse square law and math. I'm not sure where it will end up tbh.

Corrupting Light is a really weird attack when you get into it, and we're not really let known as to what would happen if it were only one or two diamonds doing it - 25%-50% of full power - let alone the full 100% possible.

Hmm, is there a reason Gem Steven's combat or at least reaction speed doesn't scale to White Diamond's attack speed, given he casually blocked her beams from extremely close range?
Oh yeah, I also saw this in a calc that wasn't evaluated if I'm remembering right.

Her mind control attack is explicitly a white ray of light. Characters are already relativistic, but this particular feat would be huge for Steven/Pink/The Diamonds, because even after seeing Amethyst get hit and controlled, Garnet didn't seem able to react or dodge, and so couldn't pearl: Both only reacted after the fact, and in rage and horror respectively, suggesting that it was too fast for them to do anything.

As for Cluster, it's mostly about the creation of 'ideal' worlds for Gems (as the Diamonds envision).

Peridot finds the plans of how earth would be designed post-cluster when they went to the moon base before she finally defected to the Crystal Gems.

IIRC, this is why clusters themselves are designed differently for any given planet, and given the horrendous implications of how clusters are made (from the shards of broken gems), it's likely just the Diamonds 'recycling' the excesses of their brutal regime to continue expanding their colonial efforts in space.
There was only a single Cluster, the Cluster on Earth. There can be no post-Cluster Earth due to the fact that the Cluster emerging would destroy the planet. Fusion between different Gems was never even a thing thought to exist prior to Garnet, and the Fusion Experiments both started and ended with Earth and the War.

That said, the Cluster's existence as a Geo-Weapon does not disprove any higher AP tier for the Diamonds, since Warships and Soldier Gems are also weaker than a Diamond.

There was only a single Cluster, the Cluster on Earth. There can be no post-Cluster Earth due to the fact that the Cluster emerging would destroy the planet. Fusion between different Gems was never even a thing thought to exist prior to Garnet, and the Fusion Experiments both started and ended with Earth and the War.

That said, the Cluster's existence as a Geo-Weapon does not disprove any higher AP tier for the Diamonds, since Warships and Soldier Gems are also weaker than a Diamond.
You're right. Checking the wiki, it does seem that the Cluster, along with it's prototypes, were specifically tailor made for Earth, and that there never was indication that there were others made or used.

Also agree that the Cluster itself wouldn't necessarily disprove Diamond potential ap with light-based attacks. Even if the Diamond's physical ap isn't as high as their light based attacks, Corrupting Light is still akin to a DBZ ki attack in which the fighter generates ap of far greater 'power level' through energy than they would be at physically as I mentioned earlier.

That said, I don't think fusions were not thought to exist prior to Garnet. We see rubies fusing together in the episode of Garnet explaining her origin before Garnet comes to be. It's true it was probably unprecedented between differing types of gems, but weren't fusions common in the war specifically because that was their 'purpose' and fusing provided greater stats? Or you could have already meant that fusions between dissimilar gems was unprecedented and you were just saying that was the basis on which they started the testing I just realized.

Back