• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(first thread ever, i don't know if i f**ked something up but do forgive me if i did)

the manga shows sekido summoning Vertical bolts at range while on level ground indicating sky to ground lightning

PaHxeO.png

o8ajHg.png

season 3 episode 6 shows the same, with sekido summoning vertical bolts to attack tanjiro nezuko and genya

so unless the lightning bolts curved from his staff high enough to look like they are coming from the sky there is no reason for them not to be coming from the sky since sekido is on level ground with tanjiro and the rest when summoning the attacks.,i bleive this can confirm that sekiddo's blood demon art is indeed lightning speed

zohahkuten also summoned sky to ground lightning in episode 10, the time frame is 11:44,11:45 and 11:46

and since zohakuten absorbed has all the 4 emotion clones's blood demon arts and he unleashed the same attacks simply from a different medium as in the wood dragons, does this feat qualify mitsurie for a MHS speed rating?

bc0d87f6-50f2-4ce7-a46e-27214658c7a5

agree (about the lightning being real): @speedster352 @ShadowWhoWalks @DemonGodMitchAubin @SuperStar @chosen @Rau @CloverDragon03 @Greatsage13th @Serlock_Holmes @Stryker861 @DarkDragonMedeus

neutral: @Nierre

disagree: @LIFE_OF_KING

Last edited:
if it is the same speed as a normal lightning speed, it is acceptable. (may need some more calc)

I agree is legit lightning

Are these stated to be lightning? From what I've been led to believe, Sekido just controls electricity. Meaning these aren't necessarily lightning bolts coming from the sky.

EDIT: I see in the original manga it is referred to as lightning. I don't think the scans are clear enough to show it coming from the sky though.

Last edited:
Wasn't this already debated and rejected a year or three ago?

Are these stated to be lightning? From what I've been led to believe, Sekido just controls electricity. Meaning these aren't necessarily lightning bolts coming from the sky.

EDIT: I see in the original manga it is referred to as lightning. I don't think the scans are clear enough to show it coming from the sky though.

What about the anime scenes?

Plus the bolts are verticle while he himself is on level ground with the others

read the thread above + watch the anime scenes for comfirmation

he does indeed summon sky to ground lightning
The anime clips either don't show them coming from the sky for some of them, or show them coming from his staff.

The anime clips either don't show them coming from the sky for some of them, or show them coming from his staff.
True but unless you think the lightning curves out from his staff when all he does with that is tap it on the ground to summon it then the vertical showing of the bolts have it coming from the sky.

even if it's not shown it doesn't really change the fact that on Panel and in the anime we do see that at range the bolts come vertically down to attack

Yeah, gotta agree with Damage, we never see the attacks coming from the sky, and every attack made by Hantengu came from his staff and/or his dragons, so assuming that these specific attacks came from the sky is kinda of a strech imo.

I think it's safer to assume this than sky to ground lightning.
why?
how is it safer to assume that the staff is able to summon lightning but they all curve up to the sky then come down to attack than having the veritcal lightning bolts come from the sky?

edit: there is also a showing of zohakuten summoning sky to ground lightning in the anime, it's pretty clear as well

why?
how is it safer to assume that the staff is able to summon lightning but they all curve up to the sky then come down to attack than having the veritcal lightning bolts come from the sky?
Because Hantengu never performs any lightning attack that didn't come from his staff, trying to assume that these off-screen attacks came from the sky is a strech for me as i said above.

It's safer to assume because we don't see the lightning as cloud-to-ground in the first place, but we do see those lightning produced by Sekido and Zohakuten.
He may be simply attacking them overhead, with the manga version making things definitely appear that way.

For what it's worth we also see Zohakuten attacking with sound waves in conjunction with electricity.

Because Hantengu never performs any lightning attack that didn't come from his staff, trying to assume that these off-screen attacks came from the sky is a strech for me as i said above.
he summons said lightning via tapping the staff on the ground, that's all he does with the staff
the lightning summoned via tapping the staff on the ground is vertical and the summoner himself he himself is on level ground when the vertical bolts are summoned

so bleiving tha he is able to summon lightning but they all curve up to the sky high enough to look vertical when coming down to attack when all he does is tap the ground with it to summon it instead of him summoning the sky to ground lightning via tapping the staff on the ground isn't exactly more reasonable

Me when Im Mach 1200 but I have trouble against sound attacks and bullets
tanjiro was easily dodging sound attacks in season 1 when he was way weaker, not to mention he was caught off guard in that scene as he was down and not exacly in an optimal position to dodge

and the demons allowed themselves to be attacked in order to split up

tanjiro was easily dodging sound attacks in season 1 when he was way weaker, not to mention he was caught off guard in that scene as he was down and not exacly in an optimal position to dodge

and the demons allowed themselves to be attacked in order to split up
Also, we can literally see his legs being grabbed.
Weapon was stuck+Surprise attack+The gun and bullets are made from funny magical metal so none of this matters and the gun would just scale higher.

It's safer to assume because we don't see the lightning as cloud-to-ground in the first place, but we do see those lightning produced by Sekido and Zohakuten.
He may be simply attacking them overhead, with the manga version making things definitely appear that way.

For what it's worth we also see Zohakuten attacking with sound waves in conjunction with electricity.
no, he was 100% on level ground with them when summoning the lightning bolts, you can watch the anime scenes and read the manga panels

zohakuten prefers to summon his techniques via the wood dragons but he can use them without them, example when he used urogi's sonic beam with his mounth

he can also summon sky to ground lightning as shown in the anime scene

Weapon was stuck+
The spear is piercing the guy's torso, the demon's hand was free and he could have moved whenever he wanted
Surprise attack
They were in front of each other and the guy literally laughed first to shoot
The gun and bullets are made from funny magical metal so none of this matters and the gun would just scale higher.
Bullets are made of a nonreal material yeah, but who cares. The speed of a bullet comes from gunpowder and friction. Furthermore, the properties of such a material are similar to metal, which would make the bullets slow as they are heavy
Scaling is a separate topic really.
I mean, characters having a hard time dodging bullets but being able to dodge "lightning" constantly is a big ass antifeat

I mean, characters having a hard time dodging bullets but being able to dodge "lightning" constantly is a big ass antifeat
The validity of the lightning does not concern the scaling, we're trying to see if the lightning has real lightning speed, not if characters dodging it are outliers.

The spear is piercing the guy's torso, the demon's hand was free and he could have moved whenever he wanted
supirse attack+ he wanted to get the spear out
They were in front of each other and the guy literally laughed first to shoot
talking is free action, i bleive that's a thing

Bullets are made of a nonreal material yeah, but who cares. The speed of a bullet comes from gunpowder and friction. Furthermore, the properties of such a material are similar to metal, which would make the bullets slow as they are heavy

and pillars can give the nichirin metal their swords are made of special propreties by touching the non nichirin handle

bullets shot from a gun made with a fictiniol metal, it's already established that a way weaker tanjiro is already subsonic even when injured, let alone uppermoon 4

arguing that all the character are supersonic because the failed to dodge bullets fired by a gun made from fictional metal when it's clearly shonwn they're way faster than that is simply applying a limitation of reality on to a fictional setting, especially when said setting has been shown to contradict the real life limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back