• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

I'm not sure if that is the specific statement that is referenced but I found something along those lines in Chapter 142.5: Extras.
Found this
We might need the kanji tho(i will try too look for it)
Mangasee just say she has very strong thrusting attacks that can penetrate and are faster than water breathing ones
Edit: Found it

Do we have any translators?

Found this
We might need the kanji tho(i will try too look for it)
Mangasee just say she has very strong thrusting attacks that can penetrate and are faster than water breathing ones
Edit: Found it

Do we have any translators?

There is the Multilingual Members List.

Reading douma vs kanao and uhhh
Why is Kanao straight mhs+ for keeping up with casual when we know a all out douma moved faster than she can see?
Unless there is proof casual douma Would still be mhs+

Reading douma vs kanao and uhhh
Why is Kanao straight mhs+ for keeping up with casual when we know a all out douma moved faster than she can see?
Unless there is proof casual douma Would still be mhs+
Wasn't Doma also acting casual with Shinobu and stated that Kanao is stronger than Shinobu?

Wasn't Doma also acting casual with Shinobu and stated that Kanao is stronger than Shinobu?
Well yeah but
1.That doesn't mean he was casual by the same amount (if i worded that right)
If x Only uses 10 percent against A and 1 percent B it would still be him casual against both
2.shinobu was weakened due to having her blood sucked
3.Being stronger doesn't have to do With speed

Well yeah but
1.That doesn't mean he was casual by the same amount (if i worded that right)
If x Only uses 10 percent against A and 1 percent B it would still be him casual against both
2.shinobu was weakened due to having her blood sucked
3.Being stronger doesn't have to do With speed
1. There isn't really much of a reason to suddenly change the level of casualness without any indication especially against someone who is stronger than the one you previously fought. There is also Doma mentioning her reaction speed and how she is adjusting to his movements and the fight, so she isn't keeping up with a casual Doma purely because he decided to go slower than against Shinobu for some reason.

2. It was Doma who caused her to lose blood in the first place, she was perfectly fine at the beginning of their fight.

3. Stronger characters are usually faster and it would be fairly notable if Kanao was particularly slow for her level of strength, so I'd assume her to be at least relative to the other 8-A characters who are rated Massively Hypersonic+ based alone on that. It should also be considered that strength can also refer to a combatant's overall capabilities in a conversation with speed often not mentioned unless it is highlighted that someone is particularly fast.

I find that justification pretty questionable. Tanjiro's statement sounds very hyperbolic and makes no sense for that to be the actual multiplier.
I do agree that the tense situation and the way it is said give a hyperbolic impression. But there are several factors that I believe to be important to consider:
  • Gyutaro is much stronger than Tanjiro and Tanjiro previously needed wisteria poison to cut into his neck with great effort whereas the Demon Slayer Mark allowed him to outright cut through it completely and even make it so that Gyutaro couldn't pull his sickle out of Tanjiro's chin.
  • Tanjiro is generally an analytical person who showcases that even in tense and precarious situations with even the dialogue directly before the multiplier statement being about how he needs the strength of his entire body and that he needs to ignore the pain.
  • The multiplier only applies to that one single instance of the Demon Slayer Mark and isn't used for anything else.
  • The 8-C rating that Tengen and Gyutaro have because of it is considerably below 8-A.

Last edited:
1. There isn't really much of a reason to suddenly change the level of casualness without any indication especially against someone who is stronger than the one you previously fought. There is also Doma mentioning her reaction speed and how she is adjusting to his movements and the fight, so she isn't keeping up with a casual Doma purely because he decided to go slower than against Shinobu for some reason.

2. It was Doma who caused her to lose blood in the first place, she was perfectly fine at the beginning of their fight.

3. Stronger characters are usually faster and it would be fairly notable if Kanao was particularly slow for her level of strength, so I'd assume her to be at least relative to the other 8-A characters who are rated Massively Hypersonic+ based alone on that. It should also be considered that strength can also refer to a combatant's overall capabilities in a conversation with speed often not mentioned unless it is highlighted that someone is particularly fast.

I do agree that the tense situation and the way it is said does give a hyperbolic impression. But there are several factors that I believe to be important to consider:
  • Gyutaro is much stronger than Tanjiro and Tanjiro previously needed wisteria poison to cut into his neck with great effort whereas the Demon Slayer Mark allowed him to outright cut through it completely and even make it so that Gyutaro couldn't pull his sickle out of Tanjiro's chin.
  • Tanjiro is generally an analytical person who showcases that even in tense and precarious situations with even the dialogue directly before the multiplier statement being about how he needs the strength of his entire body and that he needs to ignore the pain.
  • The multiplier only applies to that one single instance of the Demon Slayer Mark and isn't used for anything else.
  • The 8-C rating that Tengen and Gyutaro have because of it is considerably below 8-A.
1. I guess that one fair
2. i mean before hand casual doma was keep outspeed
overall woudl actually make sense considering how douma made the conclusion

I do agree that the tense situation and the way it is said give a hyperbolic impression. But there are several factors that I believe to be important to consider:
-That can be done with a 10x multiplier, 100x requires a lot more proof. That example only supports gyutaro NOT scaling to the mark.

-Him saying he needs the strength of his entire body does not imply the need of a such a drastic multiplier such as 100x. There is literally no way for him to guage that he needs 100x strength, or that he's getting 100x stronger and it doesn't make sense in the first place that he wants a 100x times boost, so he just gets it.

-That straight up supports the mark not being a 100x multiplier. Especially if it's treated as a static amp not a fluctuating one (which I wouldn't know because I'm anime only).

- Why is that relevant?

-That can be done with a 10x multiplier, 100x requires a lot more proof. That example only supports gyutaro NOT scaling to the mark.

-Him saying he needs the strength of his entire body does not imply the need of a such a drastic multiplier such as 100x. There is literally no way for him to guage that he needs 100x strength, or that he's getting 100x stronger and it doesn't make sense in the first place that he wants a 100x times boost, so he just gets it.

-That straight up supports the mark not being a 100x multiplier. Especially if it's treated as a static amp not a fluctuating one (which I wouldn't know because I'm anime only).

- Why is that relevant?
-The example shows that Tanjiro cannot actually cut through Gyutaro's neck even when he's weakened which is something that is explicitly noted by Tanjiro and is mentioned by Gyutaro later. The multiplier statement refers to the amount of strength Tanjiro needs to cut through Gyutaro's neck, so it's the mark that is scaling to Gyutaro and not the other way around. Even if it was Gyutaro scaling to the mark, it visibly takes time and effort for Tanjiro to cut through his neck even after awakening his mark.

-The part of him saying that he needs the strength of his entire body is evidence for the fact that he is still thinking on an analytical level like he usually does to some degree which in turn supports the idea that he didn't just go for any random number. What implies the need of a 100x multiplier is Tanjiro straight up stating that he needs one and then succeeding at the feat for which he stated he needed it for with the Demon Slayer Mark. This isn't him just saying I want to be 100 times stronger and the power-up that comes shortly afterwards being automatically scaled to it, this is the power-up being scaled to a feat that was stated to require a force that is this much stronger than Tanjiro.

-The multiplier was never applied to be for the Demon Slayer Mark in general and we do not in fact have a fixed multiplier for it. We treat it as a multiplier for Tanjiro in his Post-Rehabilitation Training key but this isn't the case for any of his other keys or any of the other characters with the mark. In this case his strength with the Demon Slayer Mark was scaled to the statement of needing a hundred times more strength against Gyutaro just like how his Demon Slayer Mark from the Post-Type Zero Training key is scaled to Hantengu's Multi-City Block level rating.

-"For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Multipliers)

Last edited:
Really only thing that can be used as argument Would Prolly br base Tanjiro slightly cutting gyutaro neck
Then again it was barely
That was when he was explicitly weakened by wisteria poison. Without Gyutaro being weakened by it Tanjiro is consistently shown to not have a chance against him on his own which is why he needed to poison him in the first place.

That was when he was explicitly weakened by wisteria poison. Without being weakened by it Tanjiro is consistently shown to not have a chance against Gyutaro on his own which is why he needed to poison him in the first place.
Didn't he needed 100 Times (using The statament) against weakened gyutaro to begin With? Might remember wrong but

Okay, it does look like as if it slightly went in. I thought you were talking about the scene where Gyutaro was affected by the poison and on the ground.
Uhh btw woudl that affect the multiplier
Cuz it took tanjiro 3 panels to cut gyutaro neck yet a apparently 100 times weaker tanjiro seemingly cut slightly

Uhh btw woudl that affect the multiplier
Cuz it took tanjiro 3 panels to cut gyutaro neck yet a apparently 100 times weaker tanjiro seemingly cut slightly
I'm not entirely sure. The topic might need a discussion though I'd like to note that the story seems to portray it as a situation where Tanjiro wouldn't have been able to decapitate Gyutaro without the Demon Slayer Mark and Gyutaro and Tengen being much stronger than Tanjiro is consistent.

I'm not entirely sure. The topic might need a discussion though I'd like to note that the story seems to portray it as a situation where Tanjiro wouldn't have been able to decapitate Gyutaro without the Demon Slayer Mark and Gyutaro and Tengen being much stronger than Tanjiro is consistent.
Then might do a revision after mugen train feat gets calced

Wanted to ask
Gyomei sanemi and Iguro can't 1v1 akaza and douma is true?I keep hear the author stated that but never seen the statament

Wanted to ask
Gyomei sanemi and Iguro can't 1v1 akaza and douma is true?I keep hear the author stated that but never seen the statament
I don't know of a statement like that but I'd presume that Gyomei, Sanemi and Iguro wouldn't be able to 1v1 Akaza without the Demon Slayer Mark and Akaza has shown that he can handle a marked Pillar with Giyu though Transparent World should help Gyomei and Iguro immensely since that is what allowed Tanjiro to decapitate Akaza but that is provided he doesn't adapt against getting decapitated against Nichirin swords which can probably be countered with Crimson Red Nichirin Blades. If you want a statement about how the Pillars compare to Upper Moons, then we have Shinobu's statement of an Upper Moon's power being comparable to at least 3 Pillars from Kanao's flashback during the fight against Doma.

I don't know of a statement like that but I'd presume that Gyomei, Sanemi and Iguro wouldn't be able to 1v1 Akaza without the Demon Slayer Mark and Akaza has shown that he can handle a marked Pillar with Giyu though Transparent World should help Gyomei and Iguro immensely since that is what allowed Tanjiro to decapitate Akaza but that is provided he doesn't adapt against getting decapitated against Nichirin swords which can probably be countered with Crimson Red Nichirin Blades. If you want a statement about how the Pillars compare to Upper Moons, then we have Shinobu's statement of an Upper Moon's power being comparable to at least 3 Pillars from Kanao's flashback during the fight against Doma.
Uhhh actually by how everyone keep uses
It apparently includes Gyomei with both mark and transparent world

Uhhh actually by how everyone keep uses
It apparently includes Gyomei with both mark and transparent world
That doesn't seem like something that was stated or shown in the manga, so I guess it can really only be an author statement that I don't know if there is a statement like that. Are we talking about something from a Fanbook?

That doesn't seem like something that was stated or shown in the manga, so I guess it can really only be an author statement that I don't know if there is a statement like that. Are we talking about something from a Fanbook?
I don't think fanbook have upper moons statament
Seems like only for corps members(might Check them ig i found any tho)

Anyways talking about databook
There are statament to support Base Gyomei > Rengoku and other hashiras (stated by Muichiro and mitsuri)

Wanted to ask
There is no such statement. It was conjectured from one of animeuproar's videos on the series and now is being treated as wog due to how widespread it is. Feats wise, Gyomei, Iguro, and even Sanemi can slam Akaza and Doma without marks due to keeping up and trading blows with much stronger opponents

Back