• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (9) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Ep 116 spoilers
Not only did they get the verdict right.
Not only was the fight amazing. Not only was Dracula given his dues. But they ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT 3-A ZELDA IS A THING. I only learned just before the fight happened that Kirsche/Nocturnbros wasn't on the team for this episode, so we actually got an accurately-represented Ganon and Drac.|}

I mean, from how they worded it seems less like they were saying "Drac is universal and Ganon is planet" and more like "Dracula has more stamina and energy pumping into his magic than Ganon thanks to his car battery.".

I noticed in the pre-analysis they brought up Soma defeating Chaos, so universal Cv isn't off the table I suppose. That at least means that if another castlevania character gets in they'lol probably beat whoever they're fighting.

Feel like they'll take ONE's statement seriously like this wiki and have Mob win, then, just because Ultra's curiosity and how he worded that statement given he knows Tatsumaku stomps without it.

The research wasn't even that bad really. They mentioned Drac creating a black hole and Soma beating chaos. Based on what Ultra said in his post, they were aware and accounted for Ganon's higher end stuff. For both characters, once you start looking into their real strong stuff, it just kinda comes down to interpretation and how you want to take it. That's the trouble with a lot of universal-multiversal ratings, rarely is it "and then Bob destroyed a universe!". It's usually more something like "and then Gary, Bob and Steve united their powers and wiped out creation". It's vague is what I'm getting at.

Besides, at it's core this is an entertainment show. If I was entertained, I see that as a good start lol.

By the way, isn't Ganondorf VS Dracula the first Death Battle animated in SFM?

I find weird that they used SFM for this fight but not with Tracer vs Scout.

Kingo the Sixth said:
The research wasn't even that bad really. They mentioned Drac creating a black hole and Soma beating chaos. Based on what Ultra said in his post, they were aware and accounted for Ganon's higher end stuff. For both characters, once you start looking into their real strong stuff, it just kinda comes down to interpretation and how you want to take it. That's the trouble with a lot of universal-multiversal ratings, rarely is it "and then Bob destroyed a universe!". It's usually more something like "and then Gary, Bob and Steve united their powers and wiped out creation". It's vague is what I'm getting at.

Besides, at it's core this is an entertainment show. If I was entertained, I see that as a good start lol.
Was talking about Sasuke vs Hiei, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Memes aside, in that case sure. I mainly watch Death Battle for entertainment, so the animation is generally enough to prevent me from getting toooooo pissy about the research. But I get ya.

Spoiler free review, though it's pretty pointless now:

-Wow were these two underplayed. While they acknowledged some higher-level stuff, the main points were just miniscule compared to what they actually can do.

-Animation was phenomenal. It went exactly how a fight between these two cocky assholes should go.

-Ending was brutal and I loved it.

-Next fight has me super excited.

So it went as everyone predicted, that's pretty cool with no curveballs around this time. Can't wait to see their fight myself.

And yeah, universal stuff can be pretty confusing and rarely is straightforward (and when it does fans go "OMG!1!!ELVEN!!1 this is the most powerful character in fiction" >_>;)

So this fight is pretty accurate despite the low-balled math. It'll place pretty high on the Death Battle Accuracy Scale myself and others here have been putting together.

(Hop over here if you want to check it out and take part in the discussion)

Ash is faster, Yugi is far stronger. Egyptian Gods and are planetary, and so is maybe Dark Magician. However, Pikachu and others could kill Yugi before they could come out, given they body anybody else.

The argument would then be "Will Ash and his 'mon go for the ringmaster in character?"

Also IIRC without 'mon or monsters Ash Vs. Yugi results in Yugi getting blitzed before he can use a Mind Crush or BFR, right?

Yeah. In terms of raw stats without any monsters, Ash wrecks Yugi. The former's very superhuman and could just melt his face with aura or something.

About the ringmaster argument, it's doubtful if Ash would. Red would (or at least his manga interation, but unless you count his interactions with Team Rocket, he'd go for battles. In which he'd certainly win until the big guys come out and kick his face in. Though even that depends on if you're using anime Yugi or manga Yugi. Ash curbs manga Yugi (even without scaling, Pikachu has a city level feat) but gets curbed by the gods with anime Yugi.

Gotcha.

Inb4 Ash fights and/or catches a 5-B and therefore could make the argument with his mass stat reductions from his 'mom they could maybe bring the Gods down to their level.

But that seems highly unlikely. Only 'mon who even come close to 5-A are with SMD feats and are all legendaries, with the sparce Tier 4 feats with alternate forms and then a massive jump to Tier 2.

I can see the anime having Ash be Blessed in some form via always be resurrected as long as a legendary/Arceus is around to protect him, but I think that's as far as his relationship with legendaries will go. Maybe summoning as well.

Would Yugi have access to Spell/Trap cards? That could really help because he pulls the exact card he needs to win out of his ass.

"Swords of Revealing Light! Now I use the next three turns to play Devil's Sanctuary and summon all three of my Gods at once! **** you, I'm the Pharoah"

Back