• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Kingo the Sixth said:
Maskofthedragon said:
Must have imagined Rita causing a solar , this (I can explain further context if needed), and the many monsters stated to be able to destroy the planet (which is the same logic they just used for YYH)
Rita's solar eclipse feat is unclear, we don't know whether she actually did just move the moon. Assuming so would place it FAR above anything else in the classic era, and would contradict things like Zedd needing a macguffin to change the earth's rotation, or anything to do with Serpentera. Those second and third clips are whack, the first is just a hypothetical showing what could potentially happen over time, and both it and the last point are standard "I'll destroy the world" villain bragging. It's why I said it's as valid as planet-level YYH, which is to say it's not lol.
I feel like I've gotten myself into another debate here.
1) No real reason to assume something called a solar eclipse and a resembles one was for a random round object

2) Zedd need the rock of time to turn back time, and he powered it himself

3) The Planet would explode over time? (it's also framed in the same way as this which happened as it was told)

Rita's solar eclipse feat is unclear, we don't know whether she actually did just move the moon. Assuming so would place it FAR above anything else in the classic era, and would contradict things like Zedd needing a macguffin to change the earth's rotation, or anything to do with Serpentera. Those second and third clips are whack, the first is just a hypothetical showing what could potentially happen over time, and both it and the last point are standard "I'll destroy the world" villain bragging. It's why I said it's as valid as planet-level YYH, which is to say it's not lol.
I feel like I've gotten myself into another debate here.

1) No real reason to assume something called a solar eclipse and a resembles one was for a random round object

2) Zedd need the rock of time to turn back time, and he powered it himself

3) The Planet would explode over time? (it's also framed in the same way as this which happened as it was told)

As Rita herself said, it's a spell that she's working on. Seems far more likely to me that it's just specific hax, since that isn't contradictory to a bunch of other feats in the classic Rangers timeline. Again, see Serpentera and Zeed even requiring the rock to change the planet's rotation when Rita had displayed the AP and the range to do that in her own.

It's a plant monster lol. They outright said that it would eventually grow to the point where it destroys the Earth. Keyword eventually. We even see it's tendrils bursting out of the Earth. Again, seems to me the implication is that if left alone, the monster will eventually reach a point here it grows big enough to burst it's tentacles from everywhere, "destroying" the Earth.

Kingo the Sixth said:
As Rita herself said, it's a spell that she's working on. Seems far more likely to me that it's just specific hax, since that isn't contradictory to a bunch of other feats in the classic Rangers timeline. Again, see Serpentera and Zeed even requiring the rock to change the planet's rotation when Rita had displayed the AP and the range to do that in her own.

It's a plant monster lol. They outright said that it would eventually grow to the point where it destroys the Earth. Keyword eventually. We even see it's tendrils bursting out of the Earth. Again, seems to me the implication is that if left alone, the monster will eventually reach a point here it grows big enough to burst it's tentacles from everywhere, "destroying" the Earth.
How do you hax a moon?

Even if it's a spell it should scale to the spell she used to restrain the Dragonzord which it broke out of

It also reached it's full power when it bloomed and was amped by Rita

edit: it's a pain in the ass to dig for clips so I will stop here, so just pretend my next reponse is "fair enough"

How do you hax a moon?

Even if it's a spell it should scale to the spell she used to restrain the Dragonzord which it broke out of

It also reached it's full power when it bloomed and was amped by Rita

edit: it's a pain in the ass to dig for clips so I will stop here, so just pretend my next reponse is "fair enough"

You hax a moon the same way you hax anything else lol. The way it's phrased as "working on a spell" suggest to me at least that Rita was just developing a spell that has the specific power of "move the moon for a solar eclipse", not using her own power. You can scale Dz to the island-bust cause that's more just general magic, not specific hax.

The plant monster could "destroy the world", yes, but even in the clip it's destroying the world just by bursting it's tenstackes throughout all of the earth, cracking the ground and causing earthquakes, making it uninhabitable. Impressive, yes, but not planet-busting.

Fair enough though. To be honest a lot of it is interpretation, since it turns out 90s Power Rangers writers with 0 budget weren't expecting people to debate about it 20 years later. Oh well.

I think their argument was supposed to be "Hiei's planet-level statement is dubious on it's own but it's supported by auxiliary media and this doesn't contradict the manga". Problem is the calc itself which uh, yeah what the hell's going on with this massive disparity,

Doubtful. Only rematch they've ever done was incredibly popular and iconic matches like Mario vs Sonic and Goku vs Superman. Samus vs Boba Fett is an exception due to being the first and not a rematch but a remaster.

Literally everyone I show the feat to say it's city-island at best. The curvature is absolutely MINIMAL

Also I'd legit argue Yusuke would stomp the absolute asshole out of Hiei because Yusuke injured one of the three kings so hard he lost the next fight through exhaustion and Hiei could do nothing at all to Mukuro.

Ben also mentioned in his blogs that Superman vs Goku 2 was less of a rematch and more of a continuation of the first battle and their veredict in that one. So Mario vs Sonic is the only true rematch we have.

If that were the only reason, sure. But with Death Battle they are also making arguments for who would win in a fight meaning that they can be scrutinized just like anything vs related.

But it is, even that calc goes against it with it being in exatons. Also using anime and manga together when they are not even the same canon whatsoever

So even that cloud punching feat which Hiei may not even scale to is only Multi Continent+. Still less impressive than what Toneri Ōtsutsuki does and what Naruto and Sasuke scale above.

And is only mach 230. "Faster" than Kenshiro huh.

Back