• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (11) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Sorvoe551 said:
So there's no QnA right now for DP vs Mask, hopefully it'll be done next week
They have done a brief one. Just I am too lazy to update them (in my Death Battle Wikia blog)

Long story short:

• They "believe" they are doing their research right because they composite Animation!Mask and Crossover!Mask while restricting Deadpool to his Earth-616 incarnations
  • They believe they do some good audience expectation management
  • They consider the Deadpool VS The Mask as more like a review of how the Death Battle series evolves and how Wiz and Boomstick view Deadpool as a Marvel character and as a character living in the hearts of themselves.
  • They may bring out The Mask vs Freakazoid but unlikely let The Mask and Freakazoid break the 4th wall.
The first episode for Death Battle Season Seven is ready to debut in January 2020 instead of like February as like Season 5 and Season 6.

That Sasuke vs Hiei comment definitely explains things a lot more, though I wouldn't say it convinces me the match is any closer. I do kinda feel the movie is kinda too contradictory to use. Eh, whatever, Hiei won, and it's a silly vs-match anyways.

I wouldn't have any doubts about Might Guy winning. Even if you use the game feat, Might Guy is above it with logic that DB has used before.

The battle sneak peek

The battle music (VPN access required)

It's a collaboreation from Werewolf Therewolf and Brandon Yates. (Insert "Oh yeah!!" in a Kool-Aid Man style)

Spoilers
It even has lyrics. (Insert "Oh~~ yeah~~!!" in a Macho Man Randy Savage style)
3:38 kinda sounds like a 8th Gate comeback for Might Guy (maybe with a comeback from All Might).
We have had such cookie cutter thing from musics of many other battles - esp. those from Werewolf Therewolf.
One more thing from the sneak peek from Ben (?)- both characters will smile until the end one dies and the other pays respect.

Jasonsith said:
The battle sneak peek
The battle music (VPN access required)

It's a collaboreation from Werewolf Therewolf and Brandon Yates. (Insert "Oh yeah!!" in a Kool-Aid Man style)

Spoilers
It even has lyrics. (Insert "Oh~~ yeah~~!!" in a Macho Man Randy Savage style)
3:38 kinda sounds like a 8th Gate comeback for Might Guy (maybe with a comeback from All Might).
We have had such cookie cutter thing from musics of many other battles - esp. those from Werewolf Therewolf.
One more thing from the sneak peek from Ben (?)- both characters will smile until the end one dies and the other pays respect.
I already love it.

You See, Because his name is "All-Might" this clearly means he is "all mighty" or omnipotent, and so is everyone he has ever fought, so he crushes Might-Guy with sheer power

So I'll be able to post my spoiler free review after the episode drops but I have work in the afternoon and won't be able to respond to early conversation right away

Soupywolf5 said:
You See, Because his name is "All-Might" this clearly means he is "all mighty" or omnipotent, and so is everyone he has ever fought, so he crushes Might-Guy with sheer power
Holy frig! This needs to be posted here, this may lead to a complete overhaul in profiles in the future based on name alone! 0v0

If I suffer insomnia I may comment on the live result and verdict. With spoiler tabs of course.

Last minute prediction:

They might give the win to All Might, because they could claim that, while All Might can use 100% of his power all the time without wear on his body (discounting the crippling injury he sustained), Might Guy's body can suffer strain, exhaustion or even death when he uses the full extent of the Eight Gates.

Ep 119 spoilers
Might Guy defeated All Might once and for all. 2nd Naruto win for Naruto verse's previous 3 losses.
Ep 120 spoilers
Next season will start ~ 26 Jan 2020, will be bi-weekly and will stretch for 20 episodes (which means it's gonna end in like October unless some 10-12 episode DBX is inserted)
A bunch of characters were shown, those include Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Beerus, Danny Phantom, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Sindel and someone whose back is exploding(?) with spikes...

Spoiler-free review of All Might vs Might Guy:

-Math was pretty good concerning both competitors. One for All Might may actually help boost him a little bit, but we'll see.

-They did scaling things for AP for both combatants, which may be controversial to say the least. You can probably guess what the one for All Might was.

-Animation was incredible for the fight, except for whenever they had them run. I guess they were emulating Cyber Connect 2 for the fight.

-Fight choreography was fun and energetic, especially Guy's moves

-Guy was reading the manga at the beginning like a normal book (cover on the left side, flipping the page left-to-right). Clearly the animators have never read a manga volume in their lives.

-While I've already voiced my complaints about the VAs impressions, Guy's was better than I thought after hearing dub Guy again in the video. Also, the delivery and inflections were all in character, so they at least acted correctly.

-Seeing some of the possible previews in the Season 7 promo got me interested, we'll see who's up next in January

We also know that a Pokémon will be coming next season and this isn't a spoiler.

I'm saying this because those in the know with recent info unveiled likely know where I'm going with this.

All I know is if the match I think is happening mext season, there will be salt.

Spoiler
Miles Morales, Beerus, Sindel, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Danny Phantom are the people in the teasers, as far as I can tell. I'm assuming that the fights we'll be getting are Morales VS. Izuku, Beerus VS. Hades (Saint Seiya), Sindel VS. Black Canary, Obi-Wan VS. Kakashi, and Danny VS. Jake Long.

I have no freaking idea who Beerus is going to fight. But I just hope Obi-Wan ends up fighting Gandalf. (Elderly warriors who protect and bring up the main protagonist.)

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Since the Season 7 Fighters are somewhat spoiled.....I'm thinking they might bring back Ichigo for Danny.
Nah neither characters have that much of a connection outside of ghost boys plus I doubt they'll buy Danny stats here If anything they'll put against jake long or Yoh

Back