• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (11) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Madotsuki24 said:
There are at minimum 50 universe level feats in DC by the Justice League and they are all dismissed as "outliers" no matter how consistent or how relevant to the story it is.
Most of them aren't outliers

They are blatantly out of context wanked feats that are headcanoned to all hell and/or tenuosuly canon or connectible to Superman.

I also a bet a huge number are just "lolomegabeamz" or "lolfoughtDarkseid" which shouldn't inherently necessitate such tier because the nature of Darkseid's Emanations are inherently variable and sometimes we ignore Superman has been equalized with a Boomtubes. We need to face the facts that, bad writing or not, even if he was the same Darkseid as Pre-Crisis, Darkseid was plain just weaker, Byrne Era Superman tanked Omega Beams, and Byrne went out of his way in every issue, that one included, to show Superman and co are much weaker than Pre-Crisis, so even if it seems like convenient handwaving, we must just accept Darkseid's Emanations in Post Crisis aren't nearly as strong.

Also, the justification that "Oh he didn't go all out and limited himself" cannot be used all the time. A vast majority of the less falsifiable feats are ones where Superman shows to be having an average time and not strained. This justification doesn't show the reality that perhaps instead of it being a high showing for Supes, it's a low showing for the opponent.

To completely dodge whatever the **** y'all are arguing about, I'd side with Static here.

Static should be quite above the standard DC street level stats. In the cartoon there's a feat of a bunch of lockers being launched into space at Mach 1000 speeds, the KE of which reaches small town level. Just using that, Miles still has a strength advantage, but Static still has higher. At one point in the cartoon, the villain Permafrost creates a storm which covers the entire city, and Static does fight with her at the end of the episode. He ends up talking her out of it but he contended with her when they did fight directly. That hasn't been calced but I'd wager it's stringer than anything Miles has got. He should also be equal in speed, he has a few feats of dodging, deflecting and moving in tandem with lasers which are stated to move at lightspeed. Miles with the spider sense should be able to match that, but looking at the light timing feats for spider people, only one of them seems like not aimdodging tbh. And at that point, Static's abilities and manoeuvrability trumps Miles, he's a lot more versatile with his electricity.

Admittedly, consistency is sort of an issue, but I don't think it actually affects Static too much. He's a character very light on history. Those light timing feats come from before he was even a part off the DC universe, and when he actually did join DC, he barely made any appearances. He had a few brief stints in the Teen Titans, which would suggest he's still above street tier, and in the New 52 he's also depicted as being above street tier. He just has so little to go off of that consistency isn't as big a deal for him as it is for Miles I'd argue.

I'd need to see this island level feat for Spider people though.

The real cal howard said:
>Tier 6

Goodness I knew you wanted Superman characters to be below Dragon Ball but I didn't know you'd go this far.
?

But even the strongest Dragon Ball Character is only low 6-B and he suggested 6-B to 6-A for Doomsday

Unless you meant like, the entire series (DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS) but there are characters higher than tier 4 then so what did you mean?

Static only has one feat that could be better than Miles. If you give him that, then give Miles the nuke feats and that one island feat.

Granted, Static clearly has better stuff in terms of abilities.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Static only has one feat that could be better than Miles. If you give him that, then give Miles the nuke feats and that one island feat.

Granted, Static clearly has better stuff in terms of abilities.
Static is potentially better even in general stats.

Unless those nuke feats and the island feat scalable to Miles are well calculated and allowed. (And where are those calculation blogs anyway)

Still not sure about this island level feat, I've talked with a bunch of people about Spidey stats and I've never heard anything like that mentioned. I need to see a scan of it. Even Doc Oc's nuke feat only reaches town level.

The cartoon also has a cloud splitting feat for what it's worth, so Static should be consistently >city level.

Madotsuki24 said:
Because Death Battle accepts outliers unless they are massive outliers! xD
Death Battle accepts absurd high ends if they can explain the condition.

Then they consider if the condition is actually easy to achieve.

Though they do cast doubt on stuff that's more abstract to put it somehow. I mean, Lumine's feat of blowing up his dimension with a Sun wasn't considered for Sigma's stats in his fight against Ultron. Granted it wouldn't have made much difference.

Foxthefox1000 said:
And who's to say if this reaches above town that it's not an outlier?
I mean, I think I addressed this already. Static has a few feats above town level, and he's consistently depicted as being above street level in most appearances. Unlike most comic characters, he's too light on appearances with low-ends to really argue these are inconsistent with his regular power output, just because we've never really seen his max power before.

Back