• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (10) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Damvey said:
Shouldn't the cartoon Mask be a factor? He has some speed feats there, (and feats in general). Like this one, where:

[Mask flew to a meteor from out of space, and ran back to Earth in short amount of time]

Info: Pretorious claimed that The Meteor was going to "eradicate all mankind on Earth, just like the dinasours". And the Mask had less than 5 minutes to save it.

(And since the Mask endured the comet hit airborne and then Uno reversed it. Does these scale to his Durability?)
Yeah, the speed and durability Big Head gets from this scene alone is enough to trump Deadpool. Combine that with the huge bomb from earlier and it should be a wrap.

It is kinda annoying that none of his best feats are from the actual main comic series though.

I'm unsure about it scaling to his durability, quite yet at least. I read over summaries of episodes before and recall there being something about a tsunami threatening to go over a whole city.

Foxthefox1000 said:
That's like, your assumption, man.

Either way, someone posted a clearer feat that should make the Mask faster now.

Yeah, the Mask should stomp.
It's also yours but anyways by composite? Without a doubt but if it's just Dark Horse comics mask then knowing there's a clear ******* indication that 8-A Deadpool works then probably Merc man wins but normally with the extensions including that of lobo vs mask but more often then not the more comedic traits people are surprisingly more recognized with then Mask 100% wins even if the more deadly Dreadpool comes to mind.

There are very clear indications the Mask has SO MUCH more to work with then just the dark horse profile but people in this site only seemingly stick with one little narrow version then and there WAS actually a CRT showcasing this. :/

Absaddie said:
I'm unsure about it scaling to his durability, quite yet at least. I read over summaries of episodes before and recall there being something about a tsunami threatening to go over a whole city.
Also I forgot to mention I remember from the Cartoon mask that he actually invented a Time Machine to travel to the future.

Absaddie said:
I read over summaries of episodes before and recall there being something about a tsunami threatening to go over a whole city.
Sounds about right. The Mask has plenty of city level feats:

In "Shrink the rap"; The Mask ate a whole Nuclear warhead, which would destroy Edge City. And the nuke detonated inside of him like in the Movie.

In "You Oughta Be in Pictures"; Another nuke was going to destroy Edge City, And the Mask simply sat on the nuke and absorbed the whole explosion with his butt.

And the episode you speak of, "Mystery Cruise"; The whole Edge City was going to drown underwater via earthquake, But The Mask fixed it by lifting the whole City underwater by blowing a Duck floatie underneath.

In "Shrink the rap"; The Mask ate a whole Nuclear warhead, which would destroy Edge City. And the nuke detonated inside of him like in the Movie.

In "You Oughta Be in Pictures"; Another nuke was going to destroy Edge City, And the Mask simply sat on the nuke and absorbed the whole explosion with his butt.

And the episode you speak of, "Mystery Cruise"; The whole Edge City was going to drown underwater via earthquake, But The Mask fixed it by lifting the whole City underwater by blowing a Duck floatie underneath.

Where can I find the episodes though as the ones I tried to find way back in the day I do have relative experience with the series hence the time travel reference that did happened but were no longer on YouTube.

So yes 7-B is crazy, with Sub Relativistic speeds from that flying to space and back to earth part though this could simply be my guess the asteroid could be higher with this in mind anyone suddenly starts to see this become very unfair and has DeadPool in a serious disadvantage even in speed or the typical hax department.

Mind you when people bring up the name "The Mask." Usually they bring up Jim Carrey or the cartoon actually.

How large do we know Edge City to be in the cartoon?

Anomalous N I W D E said:
Where can I find the episodes though as the ones I tried to find way back in the day I do have relative experience with the series hence the time travel reference that did happened but were no longer on YouTube.
You can watch them online, or in ***********.xyz like me.

[season 1] (15 episodes)

[season 2] (30 episodes, but 2 episodes are missing)

[season 3 ](9 episodes)

Okay, so looking into what Deadpool has actually survived, I'm starting to think that even with his stat adavantage, Mask might not be able to kill him. It's ridiculous. Has Mask ever transmuted or transformed another person?

Kingo the Sixth said:
Okay, so looking into what Deadpool has actually survived, I'm starting to think that even with his stat adavantage, Mask might not be able to kill him. It's ridiculous. Has Mask ever transmuted or transformed another person?
In that episode where he stops the earthquake he turns a boat into a giant sandwich so I suppose

Kingo the Sixth said:
He has actually although outside of the dark horse comics however of course D.P. probably wins against the dark horse rendition but what's even more ridiculous is anything else beyond dark horse to a more clear expansion of the Mask then chances are Dead Pool is ****** harder it's not even funny and it's going to take much more then lousy 8-A AP/ weaponry and massively Hypersonic+ speed to take the mask out this time.

In that episode where he stops the earthquake he turns a boat into a giant sandwich so I suppose

You sure, cause I just skimmed through that episode and I didn't see that. What time does it happen?

But I guess that's sorta irrelevant anyway, I'm asking if he's ever used it or something like that on a living being. Cause the problem here might be that Mask doesn't have a solid wincon despite his stats.

Kingo the Sixth said:
You sure, cause I just skimmed through that episode and I didn't see that. What time does it happen?

But I guess that's sorta irrelevant anyway, I'm asking if he's ever used it or something like that on a living being. Cause the problem here might be that Mask doesn't have a solid wincon despite his stats.
A FULLY EVIDENCED 7-B and space to back speed Mask VS a Merc who's only 8-A and massively Hypersonic+?... Yeah no as much as I like D.P. Mask just curb stomps harshly this time around, AND NO Dead Pool doesn't have his immortality he doesn't naturally have that Thanos gave him to save his Suger coated ass out of this one it should be blatantly obvious.

As I've said before, Mask having Relativistic speed is a big no-no. Also, Mask's only 7-B with various bombs that he can create, not his actual physical strength (unless you scale him to Lobo, but that's very inconsistent with his normal portrayals). Deadpool should have stregth advantage (as I've said before, I find Deadpool to be 8-A in strength) and speed while the Mask gets durability.

With his superior speed, Deadpool should just be able to pull out his EE gun and be done with it.

However, I doubt that DB will place Deadpool as Massively Hypersonic+, when they didn't even give it to Carnage. That probably means that they'll have the Mask win.

Inconclusive fight, then.

Mask may not be able to kill DP but DP can't kill the Mask either since apparently his Matter Disintegrator Gun didn't fully destroy his target's bodies and that's what he'd have to do to kill the Mask.

Also, Mask can just warp it away and him even getting that is questionable since the teleporter is inconsistent.

You haven't given any reasonable explanation for why it should be used. All of his Subsonic feats being casual isn't sufficient evidence to warrant such a high change in speed.

Yes it is lol, you can't go pegging limits on a character at their most absolute most casual and then claim outlier the moment his actual upper limits become apparent that's ridiculous. You may as well call Saitama stopping Boros's attack an outlier at that rate because he didn't do anything like that again and everything before that was massively lower, despite that Saitama never showed his own limits.

@Fox He probably has something to use from the cartoon like I said where he turned a boat into a sandwich, perhaps he could do the same to Deadpool?

Yeah, there's a very direct showing and then I guess it's somewhat supported by Loki's eyes being capable of achieving similar speeds.

Many would also argue the reason DP's any threat is because of hid arsenal as well, and a arsenal of nukrs definitely gives him a higher AP nevermind he can likely harn the people who he used the nukes on.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Inconclusive fight, then.
Mask may not be able to kill DP but DP can't kill the Mask either since apparently his Matter Disintegrator Gun didn't fully destroy his target's bodies and that's what he'd have to do to kill the Mask.

Also, Mask can just warp it away and him even getting that is questionable since the teleporter is inconsistent.
Ben (Wiz) has said that he HATES ties, so it likely won't end in one.

Unoriginal Memes said:
As I've said before, Mask having Relativistic speed is a big no-no. Also, Mask's only 7-B with various bombs that he can create, not his actual physical strength (unless you scale him to Lobo, but that's very inconsistent with his normal portrayals). Deadpool should have stregth advantage (as I've said before, I find Deadpool to be 8-A in strength) and speed while the Mask gets durability.
With his superior speed, Deadpool should just be able to pull out his EE gun and be done with it.
... Dude none of that made the slightest sense what so over ever, We can CLEARLY see him in the cartoon do that from the asteroid and back and can survive these city level hits three times casually in a row and not get effected if you wanna play your logic into this then that will also imply that way for Dead Pool also gets most of his "Strength." blantaly From his insane Durability feats as well its obvious that you aren't always taking things in full on consideration no disrespect man but this now sounds just as illogical.

All Deadpool has going for him is his mouth and his regen, but that genuinely might be enough. Deadpool is very skilled at manipulating sociopathic people as they tear him apart endlessly, see Carnage. There have been several instances where a Mask user has been tricked into taking off the mask. If Mask can't kill DP properly, then it's a matter of time before DP tricks him into removing the mask. At that point if he puts it on, he'd gain pretty much all the benefits with none of the drawbacks, consideirng the Joker has enough willpower to control the Mask and take it off himself.

Also Deadpool has these https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/340424705158938624/642590642689671170/5N4tl9o_d.jpg https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/340424705158938624/642590657784840197/0Q1SXu9_d.jpg

Probably won't be too useful consideirng Mask is way faster (he was capable of piloting a ship that crossed the entire Earth several times in an extremely short time in the Lobo crossover), but if he does get a hit in it's a win.

Unoriginal Memes said:
You haven't given any reasonable explanation for why it should be used. All of his Subsonic feats being casual isn't sufficient evidence to warrant such a high change in speed.
I don't see why not. The Mask has done plenty of similar speed feat to the meteor one, making that feat consistent:

In "They Came from Within"; The Mask threw a grappling hook into the Moo in just few seconds.

In "For All Mask-Kind"; The Mask threw a Doomsday device.(Bomb) from the Earth atmosphere to a alien space ship from out of space. (He also casually evade a shooting star before this)

In "When Pigs rule the Earth", (S3E8); The Mask transformed his car into a spaceship from Earth that flew to space . (And there's a "Light speed " button too, which let him to enter a time warp.)

BFR is only considered in DB if it leads to the other opponent dying from what I remember. It's also not particularly in-character for Mask to just toss DP into a black hole. When he fought Lobo, another crazy regenerative charcater, he stuck pretty much exclusively to ground combat and using more standard weapons. That gives DP more than a window of opportunity to trick him into taking off the Mask or to hit him with the time travel gun.

Even then, DP at his peak likely could survive a toss into a supernova. He has the death curse, which should be considered here. It's not really outside help, the entire reason it was removed was because Thanos wasn't able to affect Deadpool, and it was given to him in DP vs DS. With it in effect, Mask has to have a more esoteric way of putting DP down, cause force isn't gonna work.

Also, one of Mask's weaknesses, mainly early on, is that the hosts do eventually get tired. Granted, this happens a lot less in later stories, but it does exist, and if it's a factor then DP would very well probably just outlast Mask, no tricking required.

Back