• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (10) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Foxthefox1000 said:
That feat is a gag feat and it's not really indicative of his reaction times IMO
It's literally done by a god of mischief who says he an alter the fabric of reality (and he can and did) and "do whatever he wants", even if it were a "gag" feat it means nothing as he still did it. Also nothing really goes against him being able to react at those speeds.

That's a one-off feat never displayed ever again. Even then, that feat would qualify for travel speed (maybe combat at the greatest, but I doubt it), while his opponent essentially blitzes (far more consistent and reliable feats that can't be waved off as gag feats or outliers).

The Mask never tried hard or exerted himself and never struggled with absolutely anyone in-universe aside from specifically him because he and him have the exact same powers, also "gag" when his power is literally to do things exactly like that when it's not even the most insane thing he even did? There's absolutely no reason he wouldn't scale in reactions to his own feat.

I don't even think you could apply "outlier" to blatant god tiers anyway, nothing contradicts that they can do that. He also created what looked like a miniature sun and the mask can create nuclear warheads that look the size of buildings.

Spoilers
Faster eh?
Reply to some spoilers
But does the eye-popping reaction (the eyes popped to outer space in a short time) when being bitten count as a proper combat/reaction speed? We yell out sounds that travel at... transonic speed... when we are bitten and that does not make us transonic 8n combat.
At least the short dash should count.

Also much reality warping... Versus killing the Marvel franchise perhaps? Now that "sounds" a "fair" fight.

The term "outlier" has almost nothing to do with contradictions. Contradictions can help clarify that something is an outlier, but it's just a feat that is ridiculously higher or lower than what a character is generally capable of. That feat certainly fits that definition.

And that means what. Exerting yourself doesn't mean you go from Subsonic+ to Relativistic, as that doesn't even come close to explaining the sudden difference in speed.

I guess? But nothing really goes against them being able to do all that. Everything the mask did prior to that was casual as could be. It's just asinine to go "outlier it doesnt count" to the only time they ever got serious. He also moved partly in tandem with his own cloud to ground lightning strikes casually.

@Jasonsith Sorry, what's the argument here exactly?

That still doesn't explain a jump from Mach 300 to Mach 100,000.

We have to go by consistency.. He would only be at least Massively Hypersonic for doing them casually, but we can't give him a 333 times increase because of that.

Average distance of a satellite is 36,000 km from the Earth's surface and it took one second for the eyes to get there. Calculated the speed from that information.

And as I've said before, that doesn't prove the gap at all, and it can't be used. His opponent has kept up with MFTL+ characters before (obvious outliers, but you're insisting we use one for one of them), so I guess he still gets blitzed.

They maximally underestimated the speed Mob, using some strange calc with lightning and completely ignored phrase One about equality 100% Mob and Tatsumaki. I'm not surprised that Shigeo lost in their interpretation of the fight.

Scaling between series was always bullshit imo.

ONE never even said that they were equal. He just said "oh I don't know who would win", which doesn't really imply anything at all about how they compare, just that he couldn't really come up with an answer at the time.

Absaddie said:
He also created what looked like a miniature sun and the mask can create nuclear warheads that look the size of buildings.
REALLY?... Its not canon isn't it? Despite this The Mask at his best showings is 8-B according to this site while D.P. only has weapons that apparently only reach High 8-C (Pretty sure D.P. is still SO MUCH HIGHER Then this I think.) Though SOME of D.P's inventory has some rather useful hacks.like deconstruction and is apparently much faster, D.B has some questionable acts now and then but maybe this time later on... They are right.

Seeing just like they did with spyro they bring up at the very end the image of Jim Carrey's Mask so heres to question if they use so much more then the dark horse canon then I think its safe to the Mask just straight up wins.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Maybe Mob is in need of a downgrade?
Speed wise, definitely. AP wise, someone here should calc that cloud feat. The people researching this DB were pretty well-respected, so there 40 gigaton calc should be somewhat accurate, we just need someone here to double-check it.

Others apparently in this site:

Care to explain bro
I just explained myself. Don't know why I'd have to go into further detail as it's self explanatory as to how Mask destroys Deadpool.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Others apparently in this site:
Care to explain bro
I just explained myself. Don't know why I'd have to go into further detail as it's self explanatory as to how Mask destroys Deadpool.
You're going to need more to suggest slicing and dicing is D.P's only factor to at least relatively hurt Mask, D.P. despite being High 8-C at peak he does have a few win cons like deconstruction and apparently being faster (Shown thus far in this site.).

To remind everyone:

1. This is Deadpool vs The Mask. We do not know how versions are composited into.

2. The coming episode is meant to be a story of how Wiz and Boomstick attempt to kill Deadpool by using The Mask. So expect stretchy scalings. Also expect Wiz and Boomstick to kill Deadpool in their show even if Deadpool defeated The Mask in his matchup.

3. They fought here before. It is a draw. Speed equalised else DP blitzes here. Not meaning anything in Death Battle.

4. Screwattack have Marvel street characters at > Mach 2.

By the way, before the downgrade by Ant, MCB Deadpool & MCB+ Deadpool exist.

5. The Mask may scale to General Blaire who does 8-B things. And 7-B Joker-Mask exists. And this exists, further scaling DC Big Head to Lobo (Post-Crisis). Since Screwattack just says The Mask and does not mention Dark Horse The Mask or DC The Mask... Stretchy.

Wiz says he has a way to kill Deadpool for a reason.

So MCB Deadpool vs CB The Mask for DP win and LB Deadpool vs CB The Mask for Big Head win. And this is Marvel Comics Deadpool vs Dark Horse The Mask.

I mean pretty much knowing DB at times? But nevertheless at least they need to have some kind of justification where they DIRECTLY state "EVERY version of the Mask not just the dark horse ones." They cannot be too vauge like that other then that normally with a composited Mask its pretty damn obvious to say D.P. does litttle to stand a chance and gets even more stomped horribly, Hell who's to ******* say DB ALSO used a slight composite of Godzilla when fighting Gamera for god sakes man!

Back