• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (10) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Unoriginal Memes said:
I still disagree with that downgrade.
Same thats what I said man! Dead Pool CLEARLY TANKS HIGH RADIUS BUILDING BUSTING FEATS MULTIPLE TIMES without the full on usage of Regen at the very least if there is a problem for 8-A consistency (Somehow.) At least let him have High 8-C, It makes sense that way BUT NOPE just 9-A Dura apparently. How can he be such a low undescriptive rating when we are seeing EVIDENCE right there for ourselves, I wholeheartdly agree that the decesion of such nerfed scaling when D.P clearly shows mich higher seems very idiotic nevertheless and one big massive oopsie I'm very sure now.

Regarding Deadpool VS The Mask...

I should probably point out that, even if you exclude crossovers like Joker/Mask and Lobo VS The Mask (which you should, and in cases like this, DB usually does), the Mask still has multiple versions that we haven't documented, many of whom have powers not shown by the original comic book version.

Also, the lot of you may be forgetting this, but it's entirely possible this will end with a gag result similar to Deadpool VS Pinkie Pie. With the nature of these two characters, that sort of thing happening again is far from off the table.

That said, holy shit a battle I've been wanting for ages is finally here, I'm so excited!

why doesn't joker-mask have any justification for being city level on its page

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 19.58.29
Also Stanley Ipkiss would likely be the host here
And how powerful would nuclear missiles of this size be?

Sorvoe551 said:
Probably Stanley Ipkiss, but they'll composite it so he can do everything the other hosts have done because it's the same power source
Welp normally with a composite of each wearers depections then its correct too say r.i.p Dead Pool.

Sorvoe551 said:
Probably Stanley Ipkiss, but they'll composite it so he can do everything the other hosts have done because it's the same power source
I mean...

Generally speaking, the hosts in the classic comic don't actually "vary" in terms of power unless they're fighting the Mask's influence over them, contrary to popular belief. If you actually look at the feats shown across the original comic, there isn't any fluctuation. Just an upward trend of each successive wearer getting more and more powerful than the last, with their own powers growing as they use the Mask. Hell, Ipkiss himself goes from being severely injured by a car impact at the beginning of his story to being completely unharmed by crashing a speeding car into a brick wall near the end of his run as Big-Head.

So there is some basis for Death Battle giving him whatever feats the others in the series showed, if they choose to do that.

Absaddie said:
why doesn't Joker-Mask have any justification for being city level on its page
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 19.58.29
Also Stanley Ipkiss would likely be the host here
And how powerful would nuclear missiles of this size be?
1. Joker-Mask has 50 Megaton TNT AP with his "BOB", which is a 50-megaton-TNT equivalent nuclear bomb.

2. Below average human level since these "nukes" only pop out flags as demonstrated here.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I should probably point out that, even if you exclude crossovers like Joker/Mask and Lobo VS The Mask (which you should, and in cases like this, DB usually does), the Mask still has multiple versions that we haven't documented, many of whom have powers not shown by the original comic book version.
Exactly as there are more follow ups of The Mask even beyond the later installements of the Dark Horse comics, There is the version where it follows more of the toned down Stanely Ipkiss saga but despite this is just as if not MORE powerful, Faster, haxier etc. if I remember right, There is also the cartoon of the Mask surpised noone has created a profile for him yet.

Anomalous N I W D E said:
MrKingOfNegativity said:
Exactly as there are more follow ups of The Mask even beyond the later installements of the Dark Horse comics, There is the version where it follows more of the toned down Stanely Ipkiss saga but despite this is just as if not MORE powerful, Faster, haxier etc. if I remember right, There is also the cartoon of the Mask surpised noone has created a profile for him yet.
Your street character in Marvel or DC universe with your own established name in combat scale to some crazy "street characters".

And Marvel and DC street characters are relatively not so haxy. (The haxier ones are in the high tiers. Except maybe Professor X and Molecule Man and more.)

Jasonsith said:
MrKingOfNegativity said:
Your street character in Marvel or DC universe with your own established name in combat scale to some crazy "street characters".
And Marvel and DC street characters are relatively not so haxy. (The haxier ones are in the high tiers. Except maybe Professor X and Molecule Man and more.)
magneto

Genericstickman said:
How powerful is Son of the Mask Mask anyway?
Loki's eyes can fly past far out satellites in space in seconds and, he can create what looks like a miniature sun and mask was able to make those giant building sized missiles on his own, Loki and him are of equal match as Loki was the one who gave the mask its powers. This would also apply to the previous movies Mask as it's still part of its own canon, the Jim Carrey mask just didn't show off anything of that calibur as it didn't really need to.

It's from the Lobo crossover apparently. Not sure what the most impressive type of bomb he's made in the main series is.

Regardless, that crossover is still canon from what I've told, so even if you don't give him Lobo scaling, he might have enough to win anyway.

I thought Dreadpool was from a completely different Marvel universe and most of those he killed were completely offscreen, so their power levels would be different and we wouldn't know how they dealt with the upper threats.

Jasonsith said:

You kinda threw me off for a bit could you run that by me again? Also I am not trying to downplay if thats what you're getting at from me, DB's desriptions of Marvel is just BAD At times.

Absaddie said:
I thought Dreadpool was from a completely different Marvel universe and most of those he killed were completely offscreen, so their power levels would be different and we wouldn't know how they dealt with the upper threats.
Also from what I heard The Mask ACTUALLY DID THE SAME, destroying his own mutli-verse though this could be inflated.

Kingo the Sixth said:
It's from the Lobo crossover apparently. Not sure what the most impressive type of bomb he's made in the main series is.
Regardless, that crossover is still canon from what I've told, so even if you don't give him Lobo scaling, he might have enough to win anyway.
In what way is it canon? Big Head is strong, yes. Does he stand a chance against Lobo? No way on ******* Earth. IMO Lobo is easily the strongest 4-B they've shown other than Superman.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I still think Deadpool can win this if they scale to his Dreadpool version again.
NOPE, seeing no speed in equalization in DB Means before Dread can act and use any sort of hack The Mask blitzes the same way even with an immortality status like that some versions of The mask can negate this if I remember right, if given the same treatment in compositing both of course.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Kingo the Sixth said:
In what way is it canon? Big Head is strong, yes. Does he stand a chance against Lobo? No way on ******* Earth. IMO Lobo is easily the strongest 4-B they've shown other than Superman.
The crossover said otherwise that the Mask CAN HOLD HIS OWN against anything Lobo can throw at at one point damaging Lobo fairly badly, But the canoncity is obviously out the window though.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I still think Deadpool can win this if they scale to his Dreadpool version again.
NOPE, seeing no speed in equalization in DB Means before Dread can act and use any sort of hack The Mask blitzes the same way even with an immortality status like that some versions of The mask can negate this if I remember right, if given the same treatment in compositing both of course.
Not to mention, they never allow preperation.

Just from what I've been told it's apparently canon. Can't confirm it, but nothing I've seen from it contradicts Mask continuity. Somebody else might have to look into it though.

We have quite a few official collaboration projects of Dark Horse Comics with DC Comics (why we have Joker-Mask and Big Head vs Main Man), so what is considered canon by Rooster Teeth may be different from what considered.

Remember a time when Weiss Schnee is said to scale to a mountain busting feat in an official comic, just to say this is non-canon. And this is not even mountain busting.

One thing sure: Death Battle will downplay Deadpool and wank The Mask so hard Wiz and Boomstick will regret.

One more thing or two: What are the sources/chapters/parts where the following feats happened? Thanks.

1. Big Head can do this to a giant rock monster with a single mallet blow to the head.

2. Big Head tossed a Hell's Cabbies Gridlock Buster bomb and caused a big explosion that can be seen from outer space.

Gotta say, for how skeptical people were initially for the next Death Battle it surely generated a good amount of debate and discussion. Not complaining, that's the fun part in all of this >_>

do you think they'll ignore the weakness of the mask only working at the night since it only appeared in the first movie rather then other adaptations or the original version?

Genericstickman said:
do you think they'll ignore the weakness of the mask only working at the night since it only appeared in the first movie rather then other adaptations or the original version?
1. They may actually ignore that if that mask worked for one moment at daytime or in outer space where day/night differentiation is not an issue.

2. Remember how Beast VS Goliath and Dragonzord VS Mechagodzilla are fared? They'll ignore the time limit if the time limit is longer than some 7 minutes when a typical Death Battle fight would end anyway. They focus much more on speed, strength and hax, then battle range, experience, skills and smarts.

Jasonsith said:
We have quite a few official collaboration projects of Dark Horse Comics with DC Comics (why we have Joker-Mask and Big Head vs Main Man), so what is considered canon by Rooster Teeth may be different from what considered.

Remember a time when Weiss Schnee is said to scale to a mountain busting feat in an official comic, just to say this is non-canon. And this is not even mountain busting.

One thing sure: Death Battle will downplay Deadpool and wank The Mask so hard Wiz and Boomstick will regret.

One more thing or two: What are the sources/chapters/parts where the following feats happened? Thanks.

1. Big Head can do this to a giant rock monster with a single mallet blow to the head.

2. Big Head tossed a Hell's Cabbies Gridlock Buster bomb and caused a big explosion that can be seen from outer space.
Second one is from the Lobo/The Mask comic. First one I dunno, might just be intro only, but it doesn't seem impressive in the first place lol.

Well that explosion and Joker-Mask's city thing makes that kinda tier consistent enough I suppose. Then of course there's Lobo.

So he has the AP and durability, but the last matter is speed. Lobo scaling has him way faster, but the only feats so far given for the Mask besides that are iffy at best due to how fast some eyes could stretch.

I don't understand how it's iffy exactly, Loki's powers are the exact same as Mask's as he was the one who gave it to the mask in the first place. He's a god who proclaims he can do anything he wants which would clearly includes things such as that, it's a very clear cut speed feat.

Shouldn't the cartoon Mask be a factor? He has some speed feats there, (and feats in general). Like this one, where:

[Mask flew to a meteor from out of space, and ran back to Earth in short amount of time]

Info: Pretorious claimed that The Meteor was going to "eradicate all mankind on Earth, just like the dinasours". And the Mask had less than 5 minutes to save it.

(And since the Mask endured the comet hit airborne and then Uno reversed it. Does these scale to his Durability?)

Foxthefox1000 said:
No it isn't. It's a reaction from being hurt but no combat speeds can be proven from that.
So? This doesn't disprove anything. This implies he also couldn't do something that fast if he wasn't hurt which would be absolutely asinine at best. If anything he could do it even faster if he so pleased.

Not really my assumption. You made the assumption he can't react at a speed he goes while simply being hurt.

Granted we do have that little space feat which even matches up perfectly with the one I was mentioning. He even flies back down to Earth even faster by himself while making several curves and has that big thing he uses to deflect what is supposedly an Earth destroying meteor.

Now, what strength or durability feats are there in the cartoon?

Back