• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Sorvoe551 said:
@DuckKing
Okay, just so it's perfectly clear, the whole thing where Kilowog survived the merger, saved his people, gave them a new home, then they got killed by Sinestro, all of that happened before the timeline retcon occurred five months after CoIE finished publishing?
It could have or the reset could have happened during all this... We see the reset actually happen and it's said and shown that nobody notices what happened if you follow the links I posted you can see that. history changed and was retconned in real time but nobody was the wiser nor was their location spontaneously changed or anything like that.

wow, people sure are mad huh

Uhh, anwyays, some Silver Age events being depicted in post-crisis alone isn't enough to prove he wasn't retconned, as I said, but it is nice extra support if you want to stretch it. Th big thing though is that, as I said, GL corps was published a year after ASQ #60, after the comic chronologically, yet it's still explicit that Hal and the other GLs retain memory of pre-crisis. They weren't affected by the continuity reset, that's a major plot point even after ASQ #60 was released. Hal not knowing who some of the JLA are is probably just an inconsistency, writers not knowing he wasn't supposed to be affected. I think it's all too consistent too say he was affected by the continuity shift personally.

Anyways as I said it doesn't matter this site already handled the situation on this by just going for different version for him for the sake of consistency and shit

Doesn't change anything relevant moving on

So when are we gonna get shitstorm matchup this season?

I already mentioned Star vs Steven and Giorno vs Joker being potential salt makers tho the former probably won't be as much given both fanbase primarily SU don't care for PLs

Dragonmasterxyz said:
More than likely the Beerus fight if he loses.
It's not a matter of if but when. His three main matchups are Sailor Galaxia (Sailor Moon), Arceus (Pokemon), and Hades (Saint Seiya). He dies horribly to all of them.

Lol well given half the people the audience requests for him it's likely he will lose.

But if it's Asura for some reason than he at least wins that. Arceus is apparently debatable because God Tier Pokémon speed is dependent on what you believe, with Necrozma's MFTL stuff not even being fast enough IIRC and the new standards on infinite and immeasurable speed and all with the timeless voids. But if it's Arceus they risk pissing off the Pokémon fanbase or the DBS fanbase (if yoi thought Kirby beating Buu was bad, just wait until kiddy, inconsistent, lore-reliant RPG 'mon gets in and if they let him win).

Just for clarification: I think Arceus wins, but I'm just using the arguments from people who don't think so because certain people think Beerus blitzes and Hakais, though I'd like to argue if Arceus has a higher AP or durability that it'd be able to survive one. Either way, I do kinda hope it's Arceus just for the debates and reception because that has chaotic potential.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Doubt it beerus wank in the fanbase is annoying itself so folks won't care that much to see him get rekt it'll probably be like Sasuke case

Kingo the Sixth said:
wow, people sure are mad huh
Uhh, anwyays, some Silver Age events being depicted in post-crisis alone isn't enough to prove he wasn't retconned, as I said, but it is nice extra support if you want to stretch it. Th big thing though is that, as I said, GL corps was published a year after ASQ #60, after the comic chronologically, yet it's still explicit that Hal and the other GLs retain memory of pre-crisis. They weren't affected by the continuity reset, that's a major plot point even after ASQ #60 was released. Hal not knowing who some of the JLA are is probably just an inconsistency, writers not knowing he wasn't supposed to be affected. I think it's all too consistent too say he was affected by the continuity shift personally.
The publication date for GL Corps was actually two months preceeding ASQ 60

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Which is almost defnitely going to happen. Given there's no opponent for Beerus they could pick that wouldn't stomp him via feats and hax:

Darkseid, Hades (Saint Seiya), Galactus, Arceus, Thanos, Odin, Sailor Galaxia, even Phoenix Force Jean Grey is a wierdly popular match-up.

Unless they give him an obvious stomp match-up like Saitama or Kaguya...obvious shitstomp match-ups seem to be a thing this season (Static/Miles, Leonardo/Red Ranger, War Machine/Genos, Goro/Machamp etc.)

Foxthefox1000 said:
Lol well given half the people the audience requests for him it's likely he will lose.

But if it's Asura for some reason than he at least wins that. Arceus is apparently debatable because God Tier Pokémon speed is dependent on what you believe, with Necrozma's MFTL stuff not even being fast enough IIRC and the new standards on infinite and immeasurable speed and all with the timeless voids. But if it's Arceus they risk pissing off the Pokémon fanbase or the DBS fanbase (if yoi thought Kirby beating Buu was bad, just wait until kiddy, inconsistent, lore-reliant RPG 'mon gets in and if they let him win).

Just for clarification: I think Arceus wins, but I'm just using the arguments from people who don't think so because certain people think Beerus blitzes and Hakais, though I'd like to argue if Arceus has a higher AP or durability that it'd be able to survive one. Either way, I do kinda hope it's Arceus just for the debates and reception because that has chaotic potential.
I honestly prefer sailor galaxia cause you'll probably get some good banter outta of it along with Sailor moon being on the show Than with Arceus

I'd still love a sniper battle, specifically one involving Sniper Mask from Tenkuu Shinpan. I know it's not a super popular manga, but given his tiering, he's a perfect matchup for TF2 Sniper.

Either that or Kaneki Ken vs Kei Kurono. Tokyo Ghoul vs Gantz. Battle of the kids ripped from their normal lives by "dying" and coming back as super-powered badasses.

Ooh! What about a spaceship battle involving Captain Harlock? That could be fun

Maybe "Beerus wank" is annoying to some folks, even though there's nothing to wank because "Cam Goku beat Beerus now?" and Jiren or Broly beating him are all still speculative and headcanon until Toriyama finally has something that 100% confirms it. However, to some people, they legitimately like his character and will still get mad. He's absolutely not like Sasuke at all.

You really think the same fanbase who thinks Beerus can take Thanos and Darkseid unironically aren't gonna be upset when he's put against people who are seen as inferior to those two and he loses?

Sorvoe551 said:
I'd still love a sniper battle, specifically one involving Sniper Mask from Tenkuu Shinpan. I know it's not a super popular manga, but given his tiering, he's a perfect matchup for TF2 Sniper.
Either that or Kaneki Ken vs Kei Kurono. Tokyo Ghoul vs Gantz. Battle of the kids ripped from their normal lives by "dying" and coming back as super-powered badasses.

Ooh! What about a spaceship battle involving Captain Harlock? That could be fun
Not that I think we haven't had enough comic book characters already but Jonah Hex vs. Roland Deschain, Han Solo vs. Peter Quill and Deadshot vs. Bullseye could be alot of fun.

To clarify, MOST of GL corps was published after ASQ #60 lol. That includes most of the comics that mention them being unaffected by continuity changes, such as issue like 214. Could have worded myself better, apologies.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Maybe "Beerus wank" is annoying to some folks, even though there's nothing to wank because "Cam Goku beat Beerus now?" and Jiren or Broly beating him are all still speculative and headcanon until Toriyama finally has something that 100% confirms it. However, to some people, they legitimately like his character and will still get mad. He's absolutely not like Sasuke at all.

You really think the same fanbase who thinks Beerus can take Thanos and Darkseid unironically aren't gonna be upset when he's put against people who are seen as inferior to those two and he loses?
Depends on who the opponent he's facing and really not that much anger TBH Naruto vs Ichigo and Thanos vs Darkseid were far heated debates on various sites and when DB did them the rage was near non existence in terms of salt

Kingo the Sixth said:
To clarify, MOST of GL corps was published after ASQ #60 lol. That includes most of the comics that mention them being unaffected by continuity changes, such as issue like 214. Could have worded myself better, apologies.
Said crisis mentioned was the universe merger, according to GLC 203 this takes place right after the fact since it was talked about like it JUST happened. Also JLA Year One Hal met everyon else for the first time again and was unaware that J'onn was weak to fire. That along with the new origin story and modern feats compared to silver age ones pretty much confirms that Hal was affected too.

I mean again, there's a clear indication of the passage of time in a lot of these issues, but Hal is still the same character. Like I said, issue 214 is published a year after ASQ #60, will after it chronologically too, but still no continuity change for GLs. I think you just have to accept the Year One stuff as writers forgetting that Hal wasn't rebooted, and it just being an inconsistency. Idk, DC themselves doesn't keep track off this, so a lot of it is sorta subjective,

ZephyrosOmega said:
Personally I think it should be Beerus VS. Hades.
Beerus is an odd choice either way since we've never even seen him go all out or know what his backstory is. Like what is their opening going to be when they talk about him? "Beerus grew up as...a cat person...probably...before he replaced the last God of Destruction...whoever that was and was trained by his metrosexual buttler/karate teacher" Might as well just be Jiren or someone else whose full power and story we've already been familiarized with.

Anyone got a good idea for a Death Battle opponent for these guys [?]: Izuku Midoryia, Erza Scarlet, Finn the Human, Ryuko Matoi, KO, Scott Pilgrim, Iron Fist, Death the Kid, Blake Belladonna and Hwoarang.

Beerus is an odd choice either way since we've never even seen him go all out or know what his backstory is. Like what is their opening going to be when they talk about him? "Beerus grew up as...a cat person...probably...before he replaced the last God of Destruction...whoever that was and was trained by his metrosexual buttler/karate teacher" Might as well just be Jiren or someone else whose full power and story we've already been familiarized with.

But Beerus is somehow "spoiled" as a potential combatant for Death Battle Season 7.

Unless this is Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) who is being spoiled. But Goku vs Superman 3 is unnecessary. And Goku vs Sentry is even rivaled by Superma vs Sentry.

Quite surprised Kirito has not been much requested to be pitted against Shiroe or even Maple (BOFURI). (Close connections: real life online gamers who has a really powerful game avatar)

The SAO protagonist has been requested to be sent to be killed by Kite (.hack//) though. Some says Kirito vs Guts but that's "black swordsman vs black swordsman" and that's it.

Youre right tho

Also nice job on that being your 420th contribution on this wiki during 4/20

So basically a Kirito match is either a Ben 10 vs Green Lantern or a Sasuke vs Hiei. You get haters salty on a right verdict and reasoning (and supporting), or the haters over the moon on a wrong verdict and reasoning (and supporting).

@Jasonsith: I think the "Black Swordsman" thing is precisely the issue between the Berserk and SAO fanbases and what leads to rivalry, who has the legitimate Black Swordsman, yadda yadda (though amusingly, pretty sure Guts would be happy to do away with that title and his days as it)

Kirito Vs Kazuma (Or any Isekai prota) would sound better.

Guts, aside from the "blackswordsman" tittle (Which many characters had, not only Guts and EL Kiritus), barely has any connection between.

Back