• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Yeah, the Isekai genre has an arsenal of overpowered protagonists to choose from and if anything it can make the battle between two of them incredibly fun to watch and see in the analysis who can get more ridiculous.

TartaChocholate said:
Yeah, the Isekai genre has an arsenal of overpowered protagonists to choose from and if anything it can make the battle between two of them incredibly fun to watch and see in the analysis who can get more ridiculous.
Speak of the massive quantities of Japanese light novels surrounding "isekai" settings...

Really wonders how many Death Battle would actually pick on (those with anime or even live action adaptations will be allowed first sure).

And they are now on their eyes with franchises with a non-Japanese and non-English origins. Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir is a French franchise. Harry Potter (Verse) is written by JK Rowling before Warner Bros does its things. See what could be next.

But by now one should see that the picks of Kirito vs Shiroe/Maple (BOFURI)/Ulrich Ster etc actually have more close connections than on the surface. (Basically any normal human who has an overpowered online game character would do tho.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTs1NaWKheM

They showed us about 35 to 4o seconds of the fight. Animations looks decent, I'm half-expecting Goro to pull some secret trump card for an unexpected win. All publicity is good publicity, even controversy, after all.

Does that facepalm-like gesture have any significance for Goro? Or is it just a facepalm that doesn't cover his eyes? He doesn't think Machamp is a Shokan, but still thinks it "wastes our dragon blood"?

Goro's strikes when Machamp was on top of him didn't seem to phase it. However, as shown before, he can still hold grips with it... before being thrown overshoulder. Similarly, Goro can throw Machamp... but while on top of him, it didn't seem to be otherwise restraining him with a negligible weight.

Goro actually gets a hit in that spills blood with his... "Dragon Fangs" are what those blades are called? This & Machamp looking at its arm before Goro angrily suggests he can damage it. Not only that, he did manage to hit Machamp, so that's a speed edge being shown, no?

Machamp seems to have an open wound from the attack, too, seeing as it swings its arm, & blood spills from the wound.

Fighters that suffer one injury or lose a limb or such tend to die more often than fighters who don't, in Death Battle, don't they?

Last we see is Machamp slapping & hear the impact of a hit as the preview fades.

I worry Goro might have a chance after all.

ZephyrosOmega said:
"Fighters that suffer one injury or lose a limb or such tend to die more often than fighters who don't, in Death Battle, don't they?"

Esdeath didn't.
Okay, but what about others? She might be very recent, but I'm concerned about their approach on average, not just if there's exceptions.

Okay, but what about others? She might be very recent, but I'm concerned about their approach on avergae, not just if there's exceptions.

Samurai jack lost his arm in his fight against Afro

That's for Burn, Paralysis or Poison. If it does kick in, I'm unsure if it would be for an open cut. Is there any precedent in Pokemon media for Guts triggering from wounds or such?

....I suppose some DB characters have succeeded despite brutal injury. My mistake. Memory isn't perfect, & it's been a while & a lot of fights.

it seems I've come onto recent wiki activity at just the right time

Firstly, that image is amazingly

secondly the day Kirito gets into death battle is the day I'm mashing my face into a wall

DMUA said:
it seems I've come onto recent wiki activity at just the right time
Firstly, that image is amazingly

secondly the day Kirito gets into death battle is the day I'm mashing my face into a wall
not if i mash a wall into your face first

no u

Either way, honestly Alpha would be the best opponent for Kirito since they're both vr warriors And Alpha absolutely throttles them

I mean, sure I guess but they're more likely to pick the Aincrad version for icon value as opposed to Alictization

DMUA said:
I mean, sure I guess but they're more likely to pick the Aincrad version for icon value as opposed to Alictizatio
They used Ben 10's original appearance and aliens in the fight for icon value (alien x notwithstanding) but they still did the research for all his stuff

Back