• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
You know the drill by now folks! We talk about everything DEATH BATTLE here!

Continued from here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here

Fights since this thread has started:

Done in the past:

Ep 124: Gray Fullbuster vs Esdeath

Coming:

Ep 125: Goro (Mortal Kombat) vs Machamp

Ep 126: Cable (Marvel Comics) vs Booster Gold (Post-Crisis)

Content included in this thread:

- Predictions on what fights we will be seeing

- Predictions on who will win when the season starts

- Discussions about Death Battle Cast (sometimes DBX and sometimes anything Screwattack or even Rooster Teeth)

- And much more!

The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)
And please... the illustration just shows how to make a spoiler tag - useful for discussing spoilers before a Death Battle episode gets launched on YouTube.

Ep 125 spoilers
Downplay post for machamp
I just drank some Demon's Extracts and decide to make calculations for a downplayed Machamp by purely going by the Pokedex:
  • Gen 3 FireRed - Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.
    • Machamp has 4 arms
    • Assume 0.6 m for each arm and makes a to and fro for one punch
    • Each arm movement speed = 0.6 * 2 * 100 / 4 / 2 = 150 m/s (Subsonic)
  • Gen 2 Silver - It uses its four powerful arms to pin the limbs of its foe, then throws the victim over the horizon.
    • Assume mass = 62 kg and height = 1.684 m, to make an overhead throw horizontally --- assume the Machamp here is lifting the target up at 1.684 m too
    • Time to fall to the ground = ((2)*(9.81)*(1.684))^0.5 / 9.81 = 0.585937829 s
    • Earth horizon = 4632.2266 m
    • Throwing speed = 7905.662289 m/s = 23.0485781 (Hypersonic+)
    • KE = 1937484383 J = 0.463069881 ton TNT (Building)

Machamp is faster with throwing, but Goro's faster general punching speed, more solid attack potency and actual fighting skills makes the victory.

Ignoring Pokedex facts that Machamp can lift mountains and punches at an AP yield in megatons (of TNT).

• Gen 1 Yellow - One arm alone can move mountains. Using all four arms, this Pokémon fires off awesome punches.
  • Gen 7 Sun - It unleashes megaton-level punches that send opponents flying clear over the horizon.
  • Gen 8 Shield - Gigantamax - One of these Pokémon once used its immeasurable strength to lift a large ship that was in trouble. It then carried the ship to port.
Holy god even a Machamp downplayed by pure Pokédex details proves to be a challenge for Goro, and RT have to be very cherrypicking on the feats and details to bribe a win for Goro.

Bruno's really the only one that kind of comes to mind, but Machamp isnt really a standout for him and he himself is hardly ever relevant at all, if ever.

Yeah likely what every normal wild level 100 Machamp can do they would include it, discounting what some outlierish specific feats some specific units under some specific trainers can do. Basically the Lucario and Leonardo approach.

... But the game is the main canon. Some of the recurring Pokédex feats or video game feats (en-game mechanics) should actually be included (like listed in Bulbapedia and my downplay post for Machamp).

Frieza vs Galvatron (IDW) as Community Death Battle

Not saying Frieza does not AP stomp and speed blitz, which is my verdict, but quite surprising people think a ~50x AP difference gap is more significant than I thought when the vote results are sometimes closer in a CDB matchup which is a bigger stomp (e.g. Duck Dodgers vs Darkwing Duck).

(Sure Rooster Teeth wants to pit Frieza against other popular opponents of choice other than Mewtwo in a real Death Battle but what they would think of looking at this...)

EJthe24th said:
Hey. Does anyone have any Death Battle they wanna see?
Archer EMIYA vs Byakuya Kuchiki (both are stoic souls/spirits, have flashy movements,both use their weapons in close and range combat,and can create HUGE amount of weapons)

+ they are both in tier 6, which is close enough for Death Battle , seeing how sometimes they use tier 7 vs tier 2 (gundam vs Optimus)

Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel 3) vs Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). Personally after learning more about Byleth I hope that this DB actually happens one day, since it has strong connections and two series I would like to see in DB.

I feel like them putting certain controversial matchups in the montage during Deadpool vs The Mask was their way of admitting at least those fights were incorrect on their part.

I mean you had Yang vs Tifa, Rogue vs WW, Link vs Cloud (which was incorrect according to us at the time the Death Battle came out), Supes vs Goku, and Toph vs Gaara in there.

So yeah, sorry for missing the QnA stuff and spoiler-free review, I had a super long shift at work yesterday (thanks Jason for the coverage). Anyway, I saw the episode and here are my thoughts:

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the match and I think that a lot of Esdeath's stuff was stretched, but I'll point out a few details that I found.

-Esdeath's Tengu is only demonic in name, so Gray's Devil Slayer stuff wouldn't ignore her durability

-They factored in the 1/20th size of Fiore for Gray's storm, so it still matches up.

-Yeah, the assumption of Esdeath's base power because of her cavalry seems weird to me, but we'll see how they defend this in the QnA

-VAs were pretty good. I didn't watch FT dubbed and have never seen AGK.

-2-D art was pretty good, decently animated episode.

Archer EMIYA vs Byakuya Kuchiki (both are stoic souls/spirits, have flashy movements,both use their weapons in close and range combat,and can create HUGE amount of weapons)
+ they are both in tier 6, which is close enough for Death Battle , seeing how sometimes they use tier 7 vs tier 2 (gundam vs Optimus)

I want to see is

-Akame vs Ryuko

-Hwoarang vs Kim Kaphwann

-Finn the Human vs Steven Universe

-Asta vs Meliodas

=Andrew Detmer vs Brandon Breyer

-Ken Kaneki vs Eren Jaeger

-Yusuke Urameshi vs Danny Phantom

-Erza Scarlet vs Satsuki Kiryuin

-Taskmaster vs Deathstroke

-Maka Albarn vs Ruby Rose

-Akira Kurusu vs Giorno Giovanna

-Cinder Fall vs Medusa Gorgon

-Hero Killer Stain vs Alexander Anderson

-Alucard vs Dio

-Jon Taliban vs Saberwulf

-Rock Lee vs Sanji.

My picks for DBs are:

-Asura vs Broly

-Ken Kaneki vs Kei Kurono

-Sniper Mask (Tenku Shinpan) vs either The Sniper or Sniper Wolf

-Kazuma Kiryu vs Aiden Pierce or some other comparable criminal

-Tatsumi Oga (Beelzebub) vs somebody comparable that uses an external power monster

-Saint Seiya vs Sailor Moon

I'm indifferent to the next match-up, I'm not the biggest fan of MK and I've kinda accepted the sigma of Pokémon being treated like "animals with magic" outside Vs communities (Also I much prefer Toxicroak as a fighting type buts probably just me).

At least youre not thinking Dimentio or Marx VS Jevil... as Jevil is near-featless to the point of being calced to be Wall level. Yet I see many popular matches of Jevil against cosmic beings.

Don't know how requested this was but this fight was bound to happen regardless. not much people have 4 arms and are associated with fighting. we just didn't know it would be this season specifically.

Yea it's a stomp which is really sad to see considering Mortal Kombat lost 2 battles prior to this one.

ZMusok said:
Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel 3) vs Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). Personally after learning more about Byleth I hope that this DB actually happens one day, since it has strong connections and two series I would like to see in DB.
Trails characters like Rean Schwarzer do not look good here as the only feat from Trails series character with feat calc is... approved as 9-A. Slightly stronger than the wrong Kenzaki's casual ice ground busting attack.

Maybe higher when helped with more Trails lovers.

But it is still interesting to see the methods Screwattack scale Machamp compared with the methods of other versus battle communities.

Back