• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened with me and all of Gunvolt getting upgraded to High 7-A, only for the very obvious mass-energy conversion feat to be considered not that due to the lack of direct statement.

I think we all have something to disagree with with VBW either it'd be downplay of one thing or wank for another.
For example anything to do with Master Roshi's moon feat, the fact that took years for it to no longer be treated as a outlier is crazy but there are other examples in that regard (as I've said before, I think Dragon Ball Heroes is 5-D but that's for another time).

thank god there back this week they probably have the QnA for Hulk vs Broly and bit more info on the upcoming Season in March and something that may play as a good filler for the time being
You know what I want more of?

Heroes vs Villains.

They're rare, because most people pair off characters with thematic counterparts, but I think it'd be neat to get more matches where a good guy fights a bad guy of another franchise.
lets see we had
Black Canary vs Sindel
Gray vs Esdeath
Goro vs Machamp?

You know what I want more of?

Heroes vs Villains.

They're rare, because most people pair off characters with thematic counterparts, but I think it'd be neat to get more matches where a good guy fights a bad guy of another franchise.
I agree. Going to the Death Battle Fanon Wiki and skimming through the VS match ideas for Mario, Link and Samus I found 5.

Link VS Darth Maul.
Link VS Sephiroth.
Mario VS Ganondorf.
Mario VS Cinder Fall.
Samus VS Darth Vader.

Let’s play a fun game! Guess the matchup based off of the album name that I make!

Crescent Soul
Mystic Oriental Spirit Detective
Chaotic Dreams
Silent Killers
Legendary Guardians of the Earth
Berserk Leaders
Hushed Krieg
Gotta Duel Them All
Killers in the Mist

Let’s play a fun game! Guess the matchup based off of the album name that I make!

Crescent Soul
Mystic Oriental Spirit Detective
Chaotic Dreams
Silent Killers
Legendary Guardians of the Earth
Berserk Leaders
Hushed Krieg
Gotta Duel Them All
Killers in the Mist
Ruby vs Maka
Yusuke vs Reimu
Bill vs Discord
Michael vs Jason
idk
Dimitri vs Guts
idk
Ash vs Yugi
Nemesis vs Pyramid head

well fighting games aren't the easiest shit to deal with so i don't fully blame for how they do it
I can get that, since you gotta pay attention to lore, endings or so where some details you can miss, but its not really excusing certain stuff they did

Like for example they gave Ryu comics, manga, anime which arent canon at all, let alone used a crossover feat to counter an argument to say it wouldnt matter, but to Jin they give just the games and argue canonicity when to other they do the opposite

Also they said Jin has a Sub-Relativistic attack speed move, then later say its high hypersonic out of nowhere for no reason only or scale Ryu to a god tier, ignoring how that ending implies from both the character and narration Akuma > Ryu still, let alone the latter loses to various characters below the former, including him in a another fight between them in a stronger form to his base or how actual characters on Akuma level still beat Ryu and claim he still has a long way to match them, while to Akuma they are impressed of his power they are sensing out of him

And this is the same Ryu, minus a game who lost to Scorpion, winning basically cuz lol immortal and teleportation, admitting Ryu has the upper hand physically

I can get that, since you gotta pay attention to lore, endings or so where some details you can miss, but its not really excusing certain stuff they did

Like for example they gave Ryu comics, manga, anime which arent canon at all, let alone used a crossover feat to counter an argument to say it wouldnt matter, but to Jin they give just the games and argue canonicity when to other they do the opposite

Also they said Jin has a Sub-Relativistic attack speed move, then later say its high hypersonic out of nowhere for no reason only or scale Ryu to a god tier, ignoring how that ending implies from both the character and narration Akuma > Ryu still, let alone the latter loses to various characters below the former, including him in a another fight between them in a stronger form to his base or how actual characters on Akuma level still beat Ryu and claim he still has a long way to match them, while to Akuma they are impressed of his power they are sensing out of him

And this is the same Ryu, minus a game who lost to Scorpion, winning basically cuz lol immortal and teleportation, admitting Ryu has the upper hand physically
regarding the anime,manga stuff etc DB rules be as long as its backs up the main canon there fair play

yes they have bad habit of contradicting themselves at times

also Ryu vs Scorpion happen back when they didn't have a research team

regarding the anime,manga stuff etc DB rules be as long as its backs up the main canon there fair play

yes they have bad habit of contradicting themselves at times

also Ryu vs Scorpion happen back when they didn't have a research team
Well regardless, the way they handled that battle makes me worried when they bring more characters from these franchises they had few times to shine and how they present them

Also the rule says that, but if you gonna give one character these, might as well do for the other then as well, instead of arguing canonicity on which for the other its falling under the same category too or even worse, but you just allow one to get these

What tier would Atrocitous most likely be? 2-B since he can be scaled to Hal?
Atrocitus killed a Guardian, overpowered Hal a few times, overshadowed the Spectre for a very small period of time. (Which is a big one not much people talk about : if your heart is full of rage, Atrocitus can overshadow and psuedo control you, especially if youre far weaker). Add on surviving Volthooms focused attention for a small while (no easy Feat as Volthoom can **** over entities like Parallax) then adding scaling to other top tier Lanterns, and yes you have Universal Atrocitus
he also briefly harmed Krona and as well as briefly restraining his emotional enity

For quite a few months i thought Filia vs Witchblade (anime) is a good one thematically, there is even official art of her with Parasoul going exactly with that, Filia looking like the main character of that

wOmFezL.jpg

also retain control despite being possessed by the butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back