• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Cropfist said:
It's really funny how they dismiss all the good star wars feats as high-end outliers and "durr movies weak" but when their precious naruto has one universal guidebook hyperbole convieniently everyone scales to it when in their logic they don't bust moons with every attack
You could apply that logic to nearly every fictional verse out there which makes this shit even more annoying

Daitomodachi tweeted that there's going to be another SFM fight this season.

So... likely.

Obviously not to mention after Danny fight the Next one is the mid season finale Question is who will Be his opponent?

Honestly i'm not a fan of them throwing characters together just because it's "popular" even if it's not an interesting fight and is extremely one sided. Like i know Jake vs Danny is a popular fight, but i don't know, maybe something like Deadman vs Danny would be more interesting, because you know they're gonna hide Danny's big feats before the match and then act like it was a "close call" when Jake gets utterly demolished. Or they're gonna use low ends for Danny, but even then it will be obvious whose gonna win. Just feel either like they just throw the match together without any research for views, or they just want an easy battle that involves less salt.

(INB4 Jake bodies for no reason)

Jared1111 said:
Honestly i'm not a fan of them throwing characters together just because it's "popular" even if it's not an interesting fight and is extremely one sided. Like i know Jake vs Danny is a popular fight, but i don't know, maybe something like Deadman vs Danny would be more interesting, because you know they're gonna hide Danny's big feats before the match and then act like it was a "close call" when Jake gets utterly demolished. Or they're gonna use low ends for Danny, but even then it will be obvious whose gonna win. Just feel either like they just throw the match together without any research for views, or they just want an easy battle that involves less salt.

I mean I get what you mean but vs is a bitch regarding to finding a match up that's close while also thematic plus Danny in the boat of he stomps or gets stomped on in return

Jared1111 said:

Or, they need to throw in some stompy and spiteful matches for administrative purposes.

Like more research work would be stuck for closer matchups, but this will make the animation department idle and research work and animation work require different talents - Rooster Teeth is smart enough to keep the pipeline going.

Now I can appreciate why they actually make stompy and spiteful matches from time to time.

I'll never understand this one.
I'm really curious as to why people want to see this one so bad.

Probably the whole spirit/ghost theme Really if yusuke was gonna come In it'll be against ichigo

Agreed. Yusuke vs Ichigo is FAR more thematic as they're similiar but have a lot of opposing traits.

Pretty much it's makes far more sense than yusuke facing Danny as has more connections with ichigo

looks at Sasuke vs Hiei

we sure that's a good idea tho

Then again Kirsche did a massive bleach research stint cause she was writing a thing for her own page and agrees with 5-B and Rela bleach but she's also just one in the team and idk the rest :/

Sorvoe551 said:
Yusuke vs Ichigo works better because Ichigo is a blatant Yusuke ripoff
I wouldn't say that. The two ave far different motivations and character traits.

Yusuke is a straight-up deliquent. He loves fighting and will even put his enjoyment of a fight over the matter at hand, depending on what it is. Also, a big part of Yusuke's development is the fact he's trying to find a purpose in life. Once Yusuke stopped being an angry kid, he kind of doesn't know what to do with himself when the fighting is done. He also faces many more gray area problems and his resolve is a lot firmer, rolling with the punches life throws at him. Yusuke needs guidance down his path but he'd walk down that path even without it. Yusuke comes from a broken family, which has helped shape his outlook.

Ichigo knows what he wants to do: protect his loved one.s He wishes to live up to his name but has to go through trials and tribulations to get the strength and the resolve. Ichigo is also thuggish in how he acts sometimes but he's also a good student who, once the fighting was over, went on to take over his dad's clinic. Ichigo needs to have his allies reaffirm him get himself back in gear after major setbacks. His problems are much more black and white; him and his allies are good and their enemies are bad. Ichigo comes from a loving family that suffered tragedy.

Back