• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread and the topic has passed but **** it.

Honestly, we really shouldn't call other versus communities garbage. Each site has their own benefits.

Versus Battles Wiki has consistency. In a single Versus Thread, a character's power level won't vary from person to person.

Whowouldwin has fun. The most popular matches usually aren't based on sheer power, but characters doing various tasks against one another.

Spacebattles has the Servant making thread. I don't know what else it has because that's all I use it for.

Comic Vine has I don't know. I've never been on it.

I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread and the topic has passed but **** it.

Honestly, we really shouldn't call other versus communities garbage. Each site has their own benefits.

Versus Battles Wiki has consistency. In a single Versus Thread, a character's power level won't vary from person to person.

Whowouldwin has fun. The most popular matches usually aren't based on sheer power, but characters doing various tasks against one another.

Spacebattles has the Servant making thread. I don't know what else it has because that's all I use it for.

Comic Vine has I don't know. I've never been on it.
How do you compare Outskirts Battle Dome and Versus Compendium whatever?

Ok. More reviews
Crona vs Venom.
Weird match but ok.
I liked the pre-fight stuff, mostly for Crona since boobs, (Soul Eater sounds like a trip and a half for sure.)
The fight itself was ok, nothing amazing but with a few nice things.
Though Crona looked only ok, and she did a really weird flip. I liked their voice acting, and the facial expressions at the end were cool looking. Ragnarok did stuff I guess? Honestly he needed more lines, but he had a really good hand-drawn scene so I guess it check out.
Venom also sounded nice, I loved all the call backs to Lucy vs Carnage and Nighmare before Christmas. Though none of those positives are anything standout, with one exception (no not the moon but that was good too.)
The song “Madness Envenom.” fit the Eerie tone very well, I liked it a lot honestly. It managed to still fit a real fight, while feeling like a Halloween fight (this was just as much a Halloween special as the Wolf Fight.)
Overall it’s ok, plenty of small stuff that makes it work but nothing spectacular.
Wolf Time What Up.
Jon vs Saber was a really good Halloween fight, The start was slow but in terms of raw brutality, it escalated well.
I hate Saber’s voice acting. It sounds like he is balancing a fake accent and besital grumbling in a way I barely even understand.
Despite that his voice acting isn’t even that important, the blood, and guts are what make this episode. Especially at the end when the colors change for more contrast. Overall a bloody good time.
The song “Blood Moon.” Was good but not my cup of tea. The vocals worked well enough but lacked a real moment of great syncing with the video. I like how it blatantly foreshadow the last scene though.
So it’s good
Red vs Dark Cyan.
RvB is one of, if not my favorite web series, I skipped this for a long time because such nostalgic characters semi-officially killing each other just felt wrong. But now, I might as well.
Wait this is good.
Yeah, Caboose’s voice actor is irreplaceable and Tex didn’t even have one, but since everyone else was official, It balanced out to feeling above average. The gags were good, not as good as the main show. Tex’s beat down on Sarge and Grif felt as good as the one in S11, Lopez did something cool for once, and overall, almost everything worked.
The song is only good as a backing track though, really could have been more cinematic/explosive.
(Though does this count as official enough to make the 50-megaton bomb feat legit? Damn they might be stronger then Chief if that’s true.)
This episode needs more respect (same with Meta v Carolina.) good action, decent gags, even the editing on the pre-fight stuff was more smooth. I think the delay was worth it because it feels like they used it for polish, even if it wasn’t the reason.

I hate Saber’s voice acting. It sounds like he is balancing a fake accent and besital grumbling in a way I barely even understand.
Sabre's voice was fine for me, but i still barely understood what he was saying
Also Blood Moon is the best ******* song of season 7 and i swear if some of you will disagree then you will turn into a goomba

Eh might as well do the rest.
Batgirl vs Gwen sucked
Already done before, the animation was poor for a 3-D fight.
Too many bad moments to mention, the rock, the last shot, etc.
Boring analysis, boring jokes.
Boring song as well. I immediately forgot it.
Nothing more to say, just as bad as Jake vs Danny.
Sanji vs Lee.
Good but like most episodes, flawed.
The animation works but Lee looks strange.
Sanji’s voice acting works but Lee is strange.
The handrawn bits look goon for Sanji, but Lee..... Less so.
I like how the start feels like a martial arts film with the setting, and I love how Sanji doesn’t even feel his leg exploding, that is a One Piece moment for sure. (Hell even Usopp did something that cool in Alabasta. The other big three barely seem to acknowledge pain.)
The fight was too short, which made Lee’s gates feel underused, they should have cut the Booze joke and replaced it.
(The more I write the worse this episode looks huh.....) Should have been saved for next season honestly since most of the budget went into the finale here. (Would have been better then whatever Yoda or Doom is getting, Unless it’s Gilgamesh or trazyn vs Doom.)
Luckily the song is a bop, Jazzy yet intense, perfect for a fight like this.

Finally
The moment y’all were waiting for

Hulk vs Broly.
A popular matchup for sure (but who Audra gonna fight now, all he has is Atrocitus Green Lantern DC comics and Junko Touhou project.)
What do I think of the match.
I did not expect this but.
Is good, close to Might vs Might. Less emotional but better fps and hype level.

The start has plenty of weird scenes (mostly the first punches.) and the models are kinda off, but they grew on me.
The special effects are a mixed bag, some looks kinda bad, some don’t.
These flaws happen a few times but the positives outweigh the negatives by a long shot.
The camera use was nice (when Broly moved into the camera yet was pulled back, the zoomed out planet/Galaxy shots, the face to face shots, the post death scene.)
The special effects, while a mixed bag were amazing when good, and in quantity still leaned towards the positive.

The entire space segment was amazing, I mean....... just watch it. Do it, it is one of the best parts of any Death Battle. Especially the headbutts that broke reality. Holy shit that was amazing.
Overall flawed, like most of the season, but a worthy finale for the sheer hype level, the funny reaction from Tipper and debate on the winner here was nice.
A good episode but am I forgetting-

IKARI,IKARI,IKARI I AM ALL STRENGTH.
Ikari is a strange yet amazing track. Though if I had a nickel for every popular webseries with a hyped original track that ended up as a anime opening, I would have two nickels, not a lot but it is weird that it happened twice. (Hinotori is still better, fight me.)
It should work for such a big fight but somehow it did, both because of Therewolfs amazing chorus, dramatic vocal performance, and how well it was implemented (The Clap was synced perfectly.)
I fully understand why this can be considered the best of the season, same with the match itself. Not sure what I prefer between this, and Hood vs Winter. Same with Ikari and Lost Ice Storms.

One last bit. The hinted matches for next season. Let’s go over them.

Star Wars is unkown, either Luke or Yoda because R2 isn’t likely to be the gag match this season.
Steven is likely in, fighting Star, seems good please no sprites DB. I don’t want another Daniel vs Jake.
Cloud vs Link: Remake, Age of Calamity is a likely match.
Doom better be fighting Gilgamesh the Golden God Guy of Goodness and Glory and Gay and good and stuff with G.
Or Trollzyn Kirasame the infinite because it is thematic but nobody knows who he is besides Warham fans and folks who played the space ship game.
Don’t care about the AOT match but the music better be good, they used Sawano is season 2 so they better try to match that moment.

Also quick tip, overhype can lead to disappointment. Season 8 has a ton of potential but it would take a decent budget increase to get all the “finale worthy fights.” y’all were promised, maybe I am a bit cynical though.)
Also more reviews tomorrow.
Indeed as long as the match quality be mostly good and take time
The same feeling when you still hope for Eren vs Kaneki, when everyone here thinks that Mikasa will participate in DB.
Don't break my expectations :(
folks would like it as well just mikasa seems far more likely to appear

can someone explain to me how Luke vs Saber a thing? i can't think of any strong connections for nor even considered it having any history to it

Remember how in sanji vs lee they showed a clip of GER using his power vs Diavolo at the start? Chances of him showing in the future vs somebody?
Probably yeah. Idk if it’d happen this season cause of the legacy season stuff and I am unaware as to how much this match is requested compared to a lot of their other ones but Giorno vs Joker (Persona) is a highly requested matchup.

So what I’m getting from all the KOF calcs is that they very likely going to be faster than Tekken(without the multiplier), but they don’t have the AP to fight evenly

Tbf Tekken has a top tier reacting to an actual laser, even had a calc at x7 FTL (proven wrong and incalculable not long after) and there is a another character which uses actual light to fire an arrow of it and you as player can dodge it

n80r8uthgz861.png

If Kyle wins, there's gonna be a loooot of salt since there's people that only want that for "lol DC L." Not saying that's why everyone wants it, but there's undeniably people that want it for that very reason.
Sinestro vs Pennywise is literally that lol
Yeah before it seems Like an easy Dc L before folks went to learn about Kyle with the WL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back