• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
melty_blood___kohaku__la__by_kyouyasha_diladj-fullview.jpg

Happy New Year

I’ve gotten to liking the idea of Reimu Hakurei vs Yusuke Urameshi, even though it is an obvious stomp for Reimu lol. It has good potential, strong connections and has the potential for a very good ost. (Though any fight with Touhou has the potential for a very good ost) Plus it’s miles better than Reimu vs Madoka.
Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomono exists beside Reimu Hakurei vs Madoka Kaname and Reimu Hakurei vs Yusuke Urameshi.

I respect your opinion anyway. Uglier matchups exist before.

Am I the only one that thinks Kirito vs Neo would be an awesome fight?
I mean, Kirito has

for Death Battle

Aight review time: The first Batch, taken from the playlist.

Miles vs Static: Honestly not bad, Static deserves the attention and the animation had plenty of high-points, ranging from the use of Spider-verse inspired Visual Effects, the sheer amount of abilities used, and of course the shoulder touch (one of the best gags in the season.) the fight did seem kinda slow though, and nothing super stand out occurred since the high points mentioned were somewhat small. Still quite good, worth a watch.
The Song, Watts up Danger, was a Rap Battle? Both characters were distinct (though using an adult voice for static was strange since he was a teenager in the animation.) the lyrics were sometimes clever and it fit both well (mostly Miles.) overall, a neat track for a neat episode.

Sindel vs Canary happened: that’s all I have to say, the sprites look awkward at times, nothing too unique occurred, the fight was a bit slow. I don’t even remember the song.
It was kinda bad, don’t bother re-watching.

Leo vs Jason: The 90’s called, they appreciate the episode. This was great, even with how short it was. The voice acting was a good balance between cheesy and plain old fun, the voice acting was pretty good (Saab and Allen did great as Leo and Jason respectively.)
It was well paced with plenty happening, and a good variety of techniques shown. The high points were Leo’s swords breaking, the Gknife gag, and of course the sick final clash+explosion.
The song: TMNP, was good chip tune, fitting the 90’s theming and the sprite-based fight well. It mixed both soundtracks well yet seemed distinct enough to stand out, it is no “Stronger Together but it works really well.
Overall, a short yet sweet episode for fans of the cheesy and strange 90’s media. Not for everyone but I kinda liked it.
Genos vs War Machine: Dumb choice for a Hand Drawn episode (Danny vs Jake was right there guys.), still a good episode (as to be expected from a fully animated one.) they characters were decently voice acted (but it wasn’t amazing.) the animation was mostly quite good with plenty of twists and turns, especially when WM just tanked the incinerate, felt fitting for a OPM match. The high points were definitely the last blast and Genos re-limbing himself. Though the start was slow, a few good opportunities were missed (They should have hyped up The special moved more, let Genos yell “Incinerate.” at least.) and it still was a stupid match Idea, not even close to Jack vs Afro or Mario v Sonic 2.
The song, K.O computer, was ok. It kinda faded into the background during the fight and isn’t anything to listen to by itself. It was barely serviceable, though the last bit was good. Overall a disappointing but not technically bad episode.
Finally for this set, my favorite of the bunch in this part.
Gray vs Esdeath: Hella Underrated, but first the flaws. Esdeath wasn’t amazingly voice acted and her animation was a bit stiff during the sword fight. Besides that, it was great, the battle was well-paced a need escalated, the writing itself was good, (Gray complaining about crazy Blue-haired Chicks and The Stripper Jokes.) The use of clones and Soldiers was neat, plus Gray used plenty of neat tricks. The fight really kicked it once the Ice Storm happened and Devil Slayer Gray appeared, Esdeath lost her arm in a neat call back, the sword-fight, while flawed, still worked well. Most of all, the ending was sick as hell (she tested her own arm into his neck, brutal.)
The song was amazing and helped make this fight. Not only is it amazingly sung, but the disses were sick, and it was synced so well. Though a light metal track was a weird choice, it worked well.
Good enough to just listen too. One of the best songs in arguably one of the best original soundtracks from the show.
Am I the only one that really loved this episode after a re-watch? It was cool as hell (after it froze over of course.)

Gray vs Esdeath:
Good enough to just listen too. One of the best songs in arguably one of the best original soundtracks from the show.
Am I the only one that really loved this episode after a re-watch? It was cool as hell (after it froze over of course.)
Straight up in my top 5 episodes this season actually. It helps that I actually watched Akame Ga Kill, so I had a character to root for.

You know, I really hope we see Senator Armstrong sometime soon, if only for the memes.

What are his most popular MUs? I know he has Richard Hawk from Metal Wolf Chaos, or The Boss from Saint's Row. Or that Jojo's guy.

Right.

As much as I love JoJo representation, I really want to see Armstrong fight Richard Hawk. It's the only time that Metal Wolf will ever get included in a Death Battle.... and more importantly, Armstrong doesn't horribly die against him, as opposed to Funny Valentine.
Right.

As much as I love JoJo representation, I really want to see Armstrong fight Richard Hawk. It's the only time that Metal Wolf will ever get included in a Death Battle.... and more importantly, Armstrong doesn't horribly die against him, as opposed to Funny Valentine.
i get ya

Let this be the Season Opener
d9amt18-11aef7c3-f112-4c94-9f13-086e3cc0ead3.jpg
it help set the tone for the season
Sure.

This or Shulk vs Lightning. And both needs to be in 3D. Which is hard to do for a season premiere which is kind of bummer. Either sacrifice them as a non-season premiere or have them be not in 3D model. Which is "a crime".

For Kirito vs

I have included their links for people to have a quick look at what they are capable of.

And which Kirito avatar to compare to Neo? Like, 10-A normal athletic human Kirito vs 9-B Neo with TK "in real world"? Or 4-A Star King Kirito vs High 6-C EOS In-Matrix Neo?

Last edited:
Sure.

This or Shulk vs Lightning. And both needs to be in 3D. Which is hard to do for a season premiere which is kind of bummer. Either sacrifice them as a non-season premiere or have them be not in 3D model. Which is "a crime".

For Kirito vs

I have included their links for people to have a quick look at what they are capable of.

And which Kirito avatar to compare to Neo? Like, 10-A normal athletic human Kirito vs 9-B Neo with TK "in real world"? Or 4-A Star King Kirito vs High 6-C EOS In-Matrix Neo?

Matrix Neo vs. Star King Kirito

So the note at the bottom of Kirito's page says this:

Star King Kirito and End of Alicization (EoA)/Current Kirito are completely different people living completely different lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back