• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about star level Hokuto no Ken
Star level Hokuto no Ken is assuming that a successful completion of a Hokuto Shinken course would make a dragon from the Earth sky and flew and ate a sun.

Which is more visual display in context than anything.

So Garou is large planet to multi continental and Roah is moon to multi continental?
Raoh is at least small country for being far stronger than Jagi who tanked a nuke (the large country level thing comes from a calculation on goten sho feat which applies some unacceptably high assumptions and is to be downgraded in some time).

The multi continent thing comes from Kenshiro matching Kaioh for Ryuken potential.

I knew less about Garou but he should just stick at Boros level normally.

I swear to shit, people see an anime martial artist and just go "he can fight Garou!"
YOOOOOOOOOO HE CAN FIGHT GAROU!
1936e41b7b8a79625520a4eea95e981e.jpg

Technically Akuma coming back to fight Raoh isn't impossible
Akuma's episode sucked ass and the majority of the community agrees on that, it's very possible that they can just bring him back

Technically Akuma coming back to fight Raoh isn't impossible
Akuma's episode sucked ass and the majority of the community agrees on that, it's very possible that they can just bring him back
Ur right ain't impossible video are easier to bring back and Akuma could get some new shit to warrant a better Runback in SF6 but given Garou has no one good other than Raoh they could go with him

Ur right ain't impossible video are easier to bring back and Akuma could get some new shit to warrant a better Runback in SF6 but given Garou has no one good other than Raoh they could go with him
Maybe the community can found a good opponent for him that's not Raoh
Juggernaut didn't have a good MU for years until people remembered Archie Knuckles existed

Maybe the community can found a good opponent for him that's not Raoh
Juggernaut didn't have a good MU for years until people remembered Archie Knuckles existed
Issue on that that by the time you could find a better alt the dude already gets picked on the show not to mention getting it popular with the community and casual fast enough

Regardless...

Let's see what's changed since last time...

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_-_Version_0.9.3.1.png

JOYCAP XENO JRPG MU SPREADS: NOW WITH XC3
VERSION 0.9.3:

Saga:

- Dr Finitevus (Archie Sonic) has been added to Dmitri Yuriev's top MUs, for reasons previously stated:

That shit is Dmitri Yuriev almost to a T, good lord.

YurievDeletThis.gif

Chaos energy from Knuckles sounds eerily similar to the U.R.T.V experiments (those meant to help counter U-DO, when III reveals that Yuriev was the OG Salvator (a colloquialism for Designer Children)). Yuriev also ended up taking control of Nigredo when he was shot to death by him in a flashback in II, and for it, was able to infiltrate Second Miltia's military and take over the spearhead of the Zohar project, not too dissimilarity from Finitevus's autonomy from Leigon (assuming I understand that correctly). As for personality and general insanity, well... look at the fight with Jr, and tell me if that looks like the face of mercy to you...

EDIT: I'm looking back though my retrospective notes, and it might have been Fifth Jerusalem's military he got his hands on, not Second Miltia's. Oops.

- Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou) has now been added as Luis Virgil's top (or near top) MU, for reasons also previously discussed

XC1:

- Ken Amada (Persona 3) has been added to Fiora's MUs, not just on grounds discussed earlier in this very thread, but because there is an abundance of MU potential between Kala-Nemi and either Face Nemesis (hence Ken's persona was previously Nemesis), or Mayneth, depending on your frame of reference in XC1's story.

- Not content with just one P3vXeno MU, Ryoji/Nyx has also overhauled Alvis's MU spreads (although if I were to make a full chart of Alvis's MU spreads, Ozpin and Kaoru wouldn't be missing from HMs). Reasoning can be found here:

- Ryoji / Nyx vs Alvis / The Monado (XC1) (and maybe Ontos, but imma wait until Monolithsoft spills the beans on official terms). Stand-ins for the protagonists turned abstract concepts for the totality of their worlds (Makoto Yuki and Thanatos/Death + Shulk and the Monado respectively). Can also be interpreted briefly as traitor tropes, but are really just neutral arbiters for the vessels that they themselves inserted.

XCX:

- Sec. Nagi has finalised his gain of Seteth (FE3H) to his MU spreads. The personality page on the Xenoblade wiki I think also describes Seteth quite well, with loyalty to a bureaucracy of the time, whist also having lighter moments with associates and colleagues off the battlefield.

- I'm only so far into Fates (it's kinda ended up on my backburner, despite me enjoying what I've played so far), but from what I can tell, King Garon (Fire Emblem: Fates) suits Luxxar's MUs like a glove. Both are by all rights minor antagonists despite the proportion of the narrative they take up, and both hail an entity that is mostly kept under wraps (Anankos and 'The Great One'... whoever that was).

- Gwin has also taken Sylvain (FE3H) from Mikhail. Both had bore witness to one or more calamities, and saw friends maimed or killed as a result (Sylvain being childhood friends with Dimitri, who gained his trauma from the Tragedy of Duscar, and Gwin obviously seeing his home planet blow up before him, with Irina's brother still on it because the New LA Government didn't allow him entry). Both also seemingly use womanising as a coping mechanism, with Gwin vowing to protect Irina, and Sylvain having Ingrid on his list of childhood friends.

XCX seems to like Fire Emblem MUs for some reason... huh...

Oh and Hau (Pokemon SM) has returned to Gwin's list of MUs because why not.

XC2:

- This was an MU bought to my attention by @Loh67867, but Enrico Pucci (Jojo's) has entered Praetor Amalthus's MUs. The Reddit thread that suggested such an MU can be found here. It's a fairly interesting read from what I can tell.

On a side note:

What match-up does Rex have?
@Joycap your time has come.

Well, if you were to ask me the most likely, some form of Sora (KH) runback (or even Ventus if you want to throw a curveball), and I wouldn't mind that knowing the whole 'young chosen one' tropes. But if you want to bring out the best of the 2v2 dynamic... I think you already know my pick.

Master_Driver_Rex__Phneuma_vs_Ouma_Shuu__Inori.png

(I said)
For those of you who are eagle-eyed enough to remember a far earlier post from this very thread (or may have been reminded of knowing @Shizuka's incessant like spam), I was briefly looking for who Shuu could go up against in VS, suggesting Rex as a first stop:

Joycap said:
Who could Ouma Shuu (and/or Inori) fight in VS / Death Battle?

GilCrow.gif

My current ideas range somewhere between Rex + Pyra/Mythra (XC2) or an honorable mention for either Sorey (Tales of Zestiria) or Kirito (SAO), but I'm willing to bet there's more range than that. Thoughts?

For what few of you still remember this show, you may remember how many different weapons (voids) that Shuu has at his disposal (because plot spoilers, he shows resourcefulness). That's why it's recently hit me how much Shuu has a different advantage when it comes to being Rex's MU of choice - can you imagine the animation potential of Roc/Wulfric/babies first wind boxer VS sub-weapons that Shuu can get from various classmates and the Kings Heart in general? Oh, and both lose the power of their respective god-tiers at the end of their respective stories... that too.

ALSO: A quick addendum to what I want to say about Rex, because I know that people are thinking it:

"You're pitting 2-C+ Phneuma up against High 6-A peak Shuu! This is a stomp!"

Yes and no? Whilst it's true that Phneuma would be Rex's main wincon should he ever be pushed that far, what's interesting about XC2 and it's clusterfuck-as-a-power-scaling-case-study status is that while it's true that the Conduit would put XC2's god tiers at those levels, if you took Aion/Malos literally, you'd think their peak is only planetary (this being because Malos thought it necessary to get extra Sirens to assist in destroying Alrest), and that is a trap I can see Wiz/Boomstick falling into. If you want to say that 5-B Phneuma is PIS or that the fight was more ideologically difficult for these characters, I think that's fair, but I still think it's worth pointing out.

Also I'm aware I'm probably a hypocrite for this stat gap knowing that Shadow vs Ryuko did the same thing (and in a Yahtzee voice 'I seem to be the only one who didn't like that bollocks'), but I earnestly think that fight was mishandled in other ways (sound design, analysis etc.). Ideally, they could brush that up here (also Rex vs Shuu I envision being 3D or at least partially hand drawn, so the approach would be different enough).

Not much, but I still stand by it. I did also have an very old Rex MU spreads, but it's going to need updating at some point. With that said, I have heard Rex vs Joker suggested, and knowing that my pre-P5R self put Yoshizawa down as an HM (for... some reason), I would suggest the 2v2 of Rex/Phneuma vs Joker and Yoshizawa, but mileage will vary. I don't think P5R needs promoting any more than it has already, even if I do enjoy the game...

With all that said:

XC3:

Given that I did this because of the new character reveals, I'm going to work backwards on this one.

- Valdi is described as a healer/buffer constantly tinkering with machinery (from the brief description NoA gives us), and the footage that the JP Xenoblade account gives us has him try to go after the main party regarding Oruburos, only to be verbally shot down by Manana. Hence (and based on our own descriptions), Baptiste (Overwatch) would be a perfect fit for him.

- Cammuravi is next on our list, and (with some dependence on which translation you buy), he's someone with a fire spear, with respect in combat, also 'paying respect to his enemy in Keeves'. I interpret that as somewhat ritualistic, or at least a strong moral habit, which is where Kiawe (Pokemon SM) comes in (likely the anime interpretation, but can pull from the games if need be). Marowak's bones aren't quite spears, but I think Angus tech vs Inferno Overdrive does has some animation potential, and I do think that some of the Alolan Trail Captains deserve some respect for this format. Kiawe as a Trial Captain in the games also has the same kind of moral structure that Cammuravi does, so that's neat.

- Isurd's MUs gave me a fair bit more trouble than I'd like to admit (given the piss taken out of his description sounding a lot like Ramsus from Xenogears), but I think Gabriel (SAO) fits from what we've been given (don't ask too much about why AZ is there as well). The description Isurd is given is that 'he can't seem to be able to forget a memory from his past', all the while going after the party over Oroburous, not too dissimilarly to Gabriel highjacking RATH VR during the Alicization project, as he too was a victim of a seemingly scarred upbringing. Time will tell how well this goes over.

For the record, this is also why I've added Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5) to Taion's MUs, for the whole 'Oroburous mind reading' and Isurd being Taion's former mentor being all the more similar to how Madarame 'tutored' Yusuke, and his experiences in the Metaverse.

- Ethel... hoo boy, here we go... despite me having never played any of the Trails of Cold Steel games, the name of Shizuna Rem Misurugi came up on my radar (if for no other reason than Enel tweeting about her name lmao), and a brief look at her description regarding her affiliates? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now, as for Ethel's opponents that I'm actually familiar with? Celica, Malva, even ASG Blade... all of them crossed my mind, and came close to making it, but all of them either lacked something (like screen time), I wasn't far enough into their media to swing one way or the other... or both. But there was one MU that DID cross my mind with a different advantage, and that was Sae Nijima (Persona 5). Both have the whole 'ex associate of the main character' thing going on, before being pressured or manipulated by a main antagonist or force within the story (we can assume that XC3's narrative of 'kill Orobouros' will be related to the main antagonists of the story, not to dissimilarly to how Sae was manipulated into her distortions by the SIU, Shido, and the corrupt nature of the Japanese courts within Persona 5). If by some miracle Ethel gets a form similar to Orobouros, then the animation potential vs Leviathan shoots up.

Side note: I'm still waiting on that DBZ suggestion, knowing the whole 'younger Ethel in the past' thing. I won't stop you guys if you want to wait, though.

- Sena has had her MU changes from Heracross to Brawly (Pokemon Gen 3), what with the detail of Sena being a hobbyist bodybuilder. Hilariously enough, Brawly has actally been documented with a Heracross in the past, and if G7's battle tree is any indication, it's not out of character for trainers we know who never used Mega Evolution in their home game to make use of it out of state, so MHera vs Oroburous isn't out of the question imo.

Now... this post is long enough, and while I could cover what I've put for Eunie and Lanz, they're probably the two on this chart most subject to change, so... make that a Q&A, I guess?

Wait, didn't Death Battle consider CSRC planet buster level?
Even if he's slower and much weaker physically Boros actually has a wincon as Monster Garou without Cosmic help is 5-C

Wait, didn't Death Battle consider CSRC planet buster level?
Even if he's slower and much weaker physically Boros actually has a wincon as Monster Garou without Cosmic help is 5-C
DB would use KE for Psykos and Orochi's feats, meaning Garou would be Low 5-B if they ignored his cosmic form

Last edited:
Regardless...

Let's see what's changed since last time...

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_-_Version_0.9.3.1.png

JOYCAP XENO JRPG MU SPREADS: NOW WITH XC3
VERSION 0.9.3:

Saga:

- Dr Finitevus (Archie Sonic) has been added to Dmitri Yuriev's top MUs, for reasons previously stated:

- Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou) has now been added as Luis Virgil's top (or near top) MU, for reasons also previously discussed

XC1:

- Ken Amada (Persona 3) has been added to Fiora's MUs, not just on grounds discussed earlier in this very thread, but because there is an abundance of MU potential between Kala-Nemi and either Face Nemesis (hence Ken's persona was previously Nemesis), or Mayneth, depending on your frame of reference in XC1's story.

- Not content with just one P3vXeno MU, Ryoji/Nyx has also overhauled Alvis's MU spreads (although if I were to make a full chart of Alvis's MU spreads, Ozpin and Kaoru wouldn't be missing from HMs). Reasoning can be found here:

XCX:

- Sec. Nagi has finalised his gain of Seteth (FE3H) to his MU spreads. The personality page on the Xenoblade wiki I think also describes Seteth quite well, with loyalty to a bureaucracy of the time, whist also having lighter moments with associates and colleagues off the battlefield.

- I'm only so far into Fates (it's kinda ended up on my backburner, despite me enjoying what I've played so far), but from what I can tell, King Garon (Fire Emblem: Fates) suits Luxxar's MUs like a glove. Both are by all rights minor antagonists despite the proportion of the narrative they take up, and both hail an entity that is mostly kept under wraps (Anankos and 'The Great One'... whoever that was).

- Gwin has also taken Sylvain (FE3H) from Mikhail. Both had bore witness to one or more calamities, and saw friends maimed or killed as a result (Sylvain being childhood friends with Dimitri, who gained his trauma from the Tragedy of Duscar, and Gwin obviously seeing his home planet blow up before him, with Irina's brother still on it because the New LA Government didn't allow him entry). Both also seemingly use womanising as a coping mechanism, with Gwin vowing to protect Irina, and Sylvain having Ingrid on his list of childhood friends.

XCX seems to like Fire Emblem MUs for some reason... huh...

Oh and Hau (Pokemon SM) has returned to Gwin's list of MUs because why not.

XC2:

- This was an MU bought to my attention by @Loh67867, but Enrico Pucci (Jojo's) has entered Praetor Amalthus's MUs. The Reddit thread that suggested such an MU can be found here. It's a fairly interesting read from what I can tell.

On a side note:

Well, if you were to ask me the most likely, some form of Sora (KH) runback (or even Ventus if you want to throw a curveball), and I wouldn't mind that knowing the whole 'young chosen one' tropes. But if you want to bring out the best of the 2v2 dynamic... I think you already know my pick.

Master_Driver_Rex__Phneuma_vs_Ouma_Shuu__Inori.png

Not much, but I still stand by it. I did also have an very old Rex MU spreads, but it's going to need updating at some point. With that said, I have heard Rex vs Joker suggested, and knowing that my pre-P5R self put Yoshizawa down as an HM (for... some reason), I would suggest the 2v2 of Rex/Phneuma vs Joker and Yoshizawa, but mileage will vary. I don't think P5R needs promoting any more than it has already, even if I do enjoy the game...

With all that said:

XC3:

Given that I did this because of the new character reveals, I'm going to work backwards on this one.

- Valdi is described as a healer/buffer constantly tinkering with machinery (from the brief description NoA gives us), and the footage that the JP Xenoblade account gives us has him try to go after the main party regarding Oruburos, only to be verbally shot down by Manana. Hence (and based on our own descriptions), Baptiste (Overwatch) would be a perfect fit for him.

- Cammuravi is next on our list, and (with some dependence on which translation you buy), he's someone with a fire spear, with respect in combat, also 'paying respect to his enemy in Keeves'. I interpret that as somewhat ritualistic, or at least a strong moral habit, which is where Kiawe (Pokemon SM) comes in (likely the anime interpretation, but can pull from the games if need be). Marowak's bones aren't quite spears, but I think Angus tech vs Inferno Overdrive does has some animation potential, and I do think that some of the Alolan Trail Captains deserve some respect for this format. Kiawe as a Trial Captain in the games also has the same kind of moral structure that Cammuravi does, so that's neat.

- Isurd's MUs gave me a fair bit more trouble than I'd like to admit (given the piss taken out of his description sounding a lot like Ramsus from Xenogears), but I think Gabriel (SAO) fits from what we've been given (don't ask too much about why AZ is there as well). The description Isurd is given is that 'he can't seem to be able to forget a memory from his past', all the while going after the party over Oroburous, not too dissimilarly to Gabriel highjacking RATH VR during the Alicization project, as he too was a victim of a seemingly scarred upbringing. Time will tell how well this goes over.

For the record, this is also why I've added Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5) to Taion's MUs, for the whole 'Oroburous mind reading' and Isurd being Taion's former mentor being all the more similar to how Madarame 'tutored' Yusuke, and his experiences in the Metaverse.

- Ethel... hoo boy, here we go... despite me having never played any of the Trails of Cold Steel games, the name of Shizuna Rem Misurugi came up on my radar (if for no other reason than Enel tweeting about her name lmao), and a brief look at her description regarding her affiliates? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now, as for Ethel's opponents that I'm actually familiar with? Celica, Malva, even ASG Blade... all of them crossed my mind, and came close to making it, but all of them either lacked something (like screen time), I wasn't far enough into their media to swing one way or the other... or both. But there was one MU that DID cross my mind with a different advantage, and that was Sae Nijima (Persona 5). Both have the whole 'ex associate of the main character' thing going on, before being pressured or manipulated by a main antagonist or force within the story (we can assume that XC3's narrative of 'kill Orobouros' will be related to the main antagonists of the story, not to dissimilarly to how Sae was manipulated into her distortions by the SIU, Shido, and the corrupt nature of the Japanese courts within Persona 5). If by some miracle Ethel gets a form similar to Orobouros, then the animation potential vs Leviathan shoots up.

Side note: I'm still waiting on that DBZ suggestion, knowing the whole 'younger Ethel in the past' thing. I won't stop you guys if you want to wait, though.

- Sena has had her MU changes from Heracross to Brawly (Pokemon Gen 3), what with the detail of Sena being a hobbyist bodybuilder. Hilariously enough, Brawly has actally been documented with a Heracross in the past, and if G7's battle tree is any indication, it's not out of character for trainers we know who never used Mega Evolution in their home game to make use of it out of state, so MHera vs Oroburous isn't out of the question imo.

Now... this post is long enough, and while I could cover what I've put for Eunie and Lanz, they're probably the two on this chart most subject to change, so... make that a Q&A, I guess?

Neat, looks like a cool MU

also another thing, I’ve seen this MU going around with Cyborg vs Pneuma, what do you think of it? I can send you a connections thing

Doubtful, but it's worth taking a look for prosperity's sake
Cyborg vs Pneuma (DC vs Xenoblade Chronicles)

Theme: Technological heroes trying to find their place in the world after trauma.

Connections: Victor and Pneuma are both technologically advanced heroes of their world.

They were given life through the actions of their fathers (Silas turned Victor into a cyborg to save his life; Klaus/The Architect created Pneuma, along with the other Aigises, to collect data on the new world he had created).

They both would experience traumatic events which had an influence on the rest of their lives.

• ⁠Victor was mortally wounded by an explosion. Silas then used the Mother Box to reform Victor's wounded body with cybernetic enhancements. This would unlock new, untold power for Victor.
• ⁠Pneuma, as Mythra, in a battle against Malos, used too much of her power and sank the Torna titan.

After their experiences, Victor and Mythra regretted their lives and wished that they would have died (Victor, at first, hates his father for what happened and wishes that he had let him die; Mythra believes she is too dangerous to be left alive. Therefore, she wants to find The Architect to wish for her own death).

They would later resurface in their world to help save it from those who would destroy it (Cyborg helps the pre-formed Justice League against their battle against Darkseid; Rex awakens Pyra, whom Mythra created with a fraction of her power, to fight against a returned Malos alongside Jin and the terrorist group Torna).

They would later come to terms with their trauma with the help and guidance of close friends and allies. This would allow them to give their all when it came to fighting evil (Victor would constantly upgrade and improve his body; Pyra and Mythra would assume the form Pneuma once again).

They both possess great technological power (Cyborg is powered by a Mother Box; Pneuma is an Aegis and therefore possess the code for the evolution of her world).

Cyborg and Pneuma fight villains who are after them for their technology (Brother Blood and Grid; Malos).

They are often mediators for their allies (Victor is often a mediator between the Justice League and Teen Titans, handling dilemmas between and within the two groups; Pneuma is basically a mediator between humans and blades).

Cyborg possesses similar character attributes as the three Aegis girls.

• ⁠Pyra exhibits great amounts of kindness. Similarly, Cyborg is very kind towards his allies, especially new allies.
• ⁠Mythra is somewhat cocky and enjoys talking down to her opponents, but she knows when to take things seriously. Cyborg also enjoys moments of trash talking. Booyah!
• ⁠Pneuma takes the best of both Pyra and Mythra to be very compassionate and dependable. Cyborg is ironically the most human member on his team. Always standing up for what's right.

Cyborg vs Pneuma (DC vs Xenoblade Chronicles)

Theme: Technological heroes trying to find their place in the world after trauma.

Connections: Victor and Pneuma are both technologically advanced heroes of their world.

They were given life through the actions of their fathers (Silas turned Victor into a cyborg to save his life; Klaus/The Architect created Pneuma, along with the other Aigises, to collect data on the new world he had created).

They both would experience traumatic events which had an influence on the rest of their lives.

• ⁠Victor was mortally wounded by an explosion. Silas then used the Mother Box to reform Victor's wounded body with cybernetic enhancements. This would unlock new, untold power for Victor.
• ⁠Pneuma, as Mythra, in a battle against Malos, used too much of her power and sank the Torna titan.

After their experiences, Victor and Mythra regretted their lives and wished that they would have died (Victor, at first, hates his father for what happened and wishes that he had let him die; Mythra believes she is too dangerous to be left alive. Therefore, she wants to find The Architect to wish for her own death).

They would later resurface in their world to help save it from those who would destroy it (Cyborg helps the pre-formed Justice League against their battle against Darkseid; Rex awakens Pyra, whom Mythra created with a fraction of her power, to fight against a returned Malos alongside Jin and the terrorist group Torna).

They would later come to terms with their trauma with the help and guidance of close friends and allies. This would allow them to give their all when it came to fighting evil (Victor would constantly upgrade and improve his body; Pyra and Mythra would assume the form Pneuma once again).

They both possess great technological power (Cyborg is powered by a Mother Box; Pneuma is an Aegis and therefore possess the code for the evolution of her world).

Cyborg and Pneuma fight villains who are after them for their technology (Brother Blood and Grid; Malos).

They are often mediators for their allies (Victor is often a mediator between the Justice League and Teen Titans, handling dilemmas between and within the two groups; Pneuma is basically a mediator between humans and blades).

Cyborg possesses similar character attributes as the three Aegis girls.

• ⁠Pyra exhibits great amounts of kindness. Similarly, Cyborg is very kind towards his allies, especially new allies.
• ⁠Mythra is somewhat cocky and enjoys talking down to her opponents, but she knows when to take things seriously. Cyborg also enjoys moments of trash talking. Booyah!
• ⁠Pneuma takes the best of both Pyra and Mythra to be very compassionate and dependable. Cyborg is ironically the most human member on his team. Always standing up for what's right.

Hm... I see. Looking at our pages, I'm guessing this is DECU or 'Post-flashpoint'? Because if we go with those stats, we either go with the 2-C-2-A Phneuma scaling off the Conduit, or we go with 5-B PIS off Malos underusing Aion.

I'd also pick at the description of Aegis trauma. The Tornan titan dying was more at fault (?) of Mythra, with Pyra only sharing that memory because of her creation (Pyra is specifically the one to point out the nature of memories piling up). This is the main distinction between Aegis Blades like Phneuma, and Cyborgs like this - their form revives naturally, ready to be reawakened, but the data (memories) are scrubbed as a result.

Everything else seems compelling enough. Some sort of mid tier tbh.

Now that the floodgates open for mythology, I'm curious what else they could do.

A few ideas I'm throwing around at the minute:
  1. Zeus vs Odin
  2. Neptune vs Poseidon
  3. Hydra vs Orochi (didn't realise how small the Hydra was before making this one)
  4. Maybe something with Hades, or another god of death? For a show called Death Battle, we've never had an actual battle between personifications/gods of death, and this might help fill the gap.
  5. Something with the Knights of the Round Table (Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, etc.)
  6. Something with Beowulf.
And does this open the door to mythology vs non-mythology matchups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back