• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical scenario time. You're sitting on your couch, playing on your [insert console here] when you suddenly get a call from Ben and Chad. They're asking you for your help in building season 9. What new and creative matchups will you give them to help make season 9?
I already probably listed a hypothetical season before, but i don't mind make a new one.

Assuming we return to 20 episodes each season, this its the ones that i would suggest at the moment:

01) Pegasus Seiya VS Shazam (Saint Seiya VS DC)
02) John Rambo VS Captain Price (Rambo VS Call of Duty)
03) Bill Cipher VS Discord (Gravity Falls VS My Little Pony)
04) Commander Shepard VS Star-Lord (Mass Effect VS Marvel)
05) Booker DeWitt VS Corvo Attano (BioShock VS Dishonored)
06) Shulk VS Lightning (Xenoblade Chronicles VS Final Fantasy XIII)
07) Cell VS Omega (Dragon Ball VS Mega Man)
08) Alex Mercer VS Cole MacGrath (Prototype VS InFAMOUS)
09) Frisk VS John Egbert (Undertale VS Homestuck)
10) Angry Video Game Nerd VS Nostalgia Critic (Cinemassacre VS Channel Awesome)
11) The Knight VS Ori (Hollow Knight VS Ori)
12) Sailor Moon VS Madoka Kaname (Sailor Moon VS Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
13) Raoh VS Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Fist of the North Star VS Sengoku Basara)
14) Monkey D. Luffy VS Captain Marvelous (One Piece VS Super Sentai)
15) Kratos VS Dante (God of War VS Devil May Cry)
16) Vilgax VS Ridley (Ben 10 VS Metroid)
17) Zebra VS Black Bolt (Toriko VS Marvel)
18) Alucard VS D (Castlevania VS Vampire Hunter D)
19) King Ghidorah VS Deathwing (Godzilla VS Warcraft)
20) Simon the Digger VS Kyle Rayner (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann VS DC)

maxresdefault.jpg

Question, i am the only one who think that Yamamoto VS Whitebeard its a better MU than Escanor VS Whitebeard?

Is Rimuru not a good MU?
Not as good as Buu

In my honest opinion, shadow probably never needed to return twice, but he did anyway
Shadow returned because his episodes sucked ass, Vegeta vs Shadow is a season 1 episode and Shadow vs Mewtwo was straight up a mockery of Shadow
Meanwhile Kirby is a character with one of the best episodes in the whole show and he fought pretty much his best MU, Kirby doesn't need to return, his episode didn't suck, it was a good MU and it still holds up well, he has no reason to return, unlike Shadow

So i genuinely don't know how i came up with this MU but for some reason i did and it has connections for some reason
unknown.png

Jotaro vs Knuckles (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven vs Archie Sonic)
Connections:
Both are non-canon overpowered versions of already existing characters. Both are members of families that fight great evil in their world (Joestar family and Brotherhood of Guardians). Both had their parents separated from each other (Sadao, Jotaro's father left Jotaro with his mom and Knuckles' parents got divorced, resulting in Knuckles with living his father, Locke as a child). Both are 17 years old. Both have some anger issues. Both are brawlers who fight by punching things. Both have healing, reality warping and time travelling abilities. Both initially started as pretty lonely characters, but soon enough gained alot of friends during their journey (Stardust Crusaders and Chaotix). Both have faced against egoistical villains who gained immortality and planned to become even more powerful (Dio and Mammoth Mogul). Said villains had the same powers as them (Jotaro and Dio had the same types of stands, Star Platinum and The World while Mogul used the chaos force, same force that Knuckles uses when he's fighting). Both at one point gained godlike powers (Jotaro inheriting powers of Heaven Ascension Dio and Knuckles turning into Chaos Knuckles). After gaining said powers, both decided to rewrite history to make the world a better place (Jotaro using his reality overwriting powers to prevent deaths of important people in his universe and Knuckles time travelling to reunify the Echidna people). Both would later have a daughter that would inherit their powers (Jolyne, who had the stand powers and Lara-Su, who had the chaos powers).

So i genuinely don't know how i came up with this MU but for some reason i did and it has connections for some reason
unknown.png

Jotaro vs Knuckles (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven vs Archie Sonic)
Connections:
Both are non-canon overpowered versions of already existing characters. Both are members of families that fight great evil in their world (Joestar family and Brotherhood of Guardians). Both had their parents separated from each other (Sadao, Jotaro's father left Jotaro with his mom and Knuckles' parents got divorced, resulting in Knuckles with living his father, Locke as a child). Both are 17 years old. Both have some anger issues. Both are brawlers who fight by punching things. Both have healing, reality warping and time travelling abilities. Both initially started as pretty lonely characters, but soon enough gained alot of friends during their journey (Stardust Crusaders and Chaotix). Both have faced against egoistical villains who gained immortality and planned to become even more powerful (Dio and Mammoth Mogul). Said villains had the same powers as them (Jotaro and Dio had the same types of stands, Star Platinum and The World while Mogul used the chaos force, same force that Knuckles uses when he's fighting). Both at one point gained godlike powers (Jotaro inheriting powers of Heaven Ascension Dio and Knuckles turning into Chaos Knuckles). After gaining said powers, both decided to rewrite history to make the world a better place (Jotaro using his reality overwriting powers to prevent deaths of important people in his universe and Knuckles time travelling to reunify the Echidna people). Both would later have a daughter that would inherit their powers (Jolyne, who had the stand powers and Lara-Su, who had the chaos powers).
Why is Knuckles green?

In theory Shadow might could have survived by S1 only appearance, since vs Vegeta was fine ep really, but animator sabotaging the fight really hurt him.

Shadow was kinda used due to circumstances. M2 vs BlkWargreymon would have been too soon from S2 finale apparently and it looks like Tetsuo is saved for Magneto, so M2 vs Shadow kinda fits well after those. I guess DB ignoring Pokemon vs Digimon MUs while spamming Marvel vs DC is hypocritical but oh well.

Shadow's 3rd really was due to wanting Ryuko in, and yes Shadow was a good pick for her.

God forbid Wario vs Shadow kinda was a thing, but hopefully thats the one banished to "too lame" land.

I mean Shadow was a character that needed a return given his first fight was in season 1 and didn't have much going beyond it's banter

His second appearance took a shit on him and the fight itself is among the biggest case of wasted potential on the show Due to the animator sabotaging it

Shadow warrant a runback

Kirby on the other hand doesn't
Kirby vs Buu is one of the best episodes from S2 and Buu was his Best MU top to bottom

So like Kirby doesn't need to come back when you have Meta Knight and a few others from his franchise to can come in

Hypothetical scenario time. You're sitting on your couch, playing on your [insert console here] when you suddenly get a call from Ben and Chad. They're asking you for your help in building season 9. What new and creative matchups will you give them to help make season 9?
I think i'm a little bit late, but i'll still reply seriously this time (Some of these are kinda weird tho)
  1. Scourge vs Xeno Turles
  2. Goenitz vs Pucci
  3. Zero vs Meta Knight
  4. Street Sharks vs Extreme Dinosaurs
  5. Magneto vs Tetsuo (Even tho it's already confirmed)
  6. Cell vs Omega Zero
  7. Akuma vs Raoh (I don't give a shit if he just appeared on the show, he deserves a better MU and a better episode)
  8. Archie Sonic vs Pegasus Seiya
  9. Black Adam vs Apocalypse
  10. Hit vs Cygnus Hyoga
  11. Mega Man X vs Optimus Primal
  12. Any good Touhou MU, i'm not sure which, i guess Cirno vs Jack Frost or Yukari vs Altair idk really (Or i could put something stupid here like Valkenhayn vs Sakuya which would result into Sakuya W since the research team buys universal 2hou, but not universal Blazblue, so that would mean my waifu would get the W Insert evil laughter here)
  13. Domon Kasshu vs Jin Saotome
  14. Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
  15. Alucard vs Donovan Baine
  16. Goku vs Goofy
  17. Nostalgia Critic vs Vegeta
  18. Pepsiman vs any soda mascot, really, i guess Coca Cola Bear
  19. UNDERTAKER VS ITACHI, LET'S ******* GOOOOOOOO
  20. Kyle vs Simon

Last edited:
I think i'm a little bit late, but i'll still reply seriously this time (Some of these are kinda weird tho)
  1. Scourge vs Xeno Turles
  2. Goenitz vs Pucci
  3. Zero vs Meta Knight
  4. Street Sharks vs Extreme Dinosaurs
  5. Magneto vs Tetsuo (Even tho it's already confirmed)
  6. Cell vs Omega Zero
  7. Akuma vs Raoh (I don't give a shit if he just appeared on the show, he deserves a better MU and a better episode)
  8. Archie Sonic vs Pegasus Seiya
  9. Black Adam vs Apocalypse
  10. Hit vs Cygnus Hyoga
  11. Mega Man X vs Optimus Primal
  12. Any good Touhou MU, i'm not sure which, i guess Cirno vs Jack Frost or Yukari vs Altair idk really (Or i could put something stupid here like Valkenhayn vs Sakuya which would result into Sakuya W since the research team buys universal 2hou, but not universal Blazblue, so that would mean my waifu would get the W Insert evil laughter here)
  13. Domon Kasshu vs Jin Saotome
  14. Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
  15. Alucard vs Donovan Baine
  16. Goku vs Goofy
  17. Nostalgia Critic vs Vegeta
  18. Pepsiman vs any soda mascot, really, i guess Coca Cola Bear
  19. UNDERTAKER VS ITACHI, LET'S ******* GOOOOOOOO
  20. Kyle vs Simon
Tbh the only coca cola mascot who does have feats is Coca Cola Kid who as well as Pepsiman is Japanese mascot, btw.

If I had to choose I'll probably pick cool spot (7-up mascot) for Pepsiman if it was for soda mascot.

But I'm now became addicted to Pepsiman vs Sportacus.

Researchers wet dreams ≠ confirmation
You're aware that this is basically the most requested MU for both, right? Not only that, the fact that it's researcher's wet dreams straight up increases it's possibility
Also, again, Magneto is a comic character, did you learn nothing from GB vs Thawne and Korra vs Storm?
Because of this, i think Magneto vs Tetsuo is pretty much confirmed at this point

Researchers wet dreams ≠ confirmation
Uh....
While they don't fully decide what MU happens given it's up to Ben and such they do play role into what MU are done
Hell Ultraguy ******* suggested Black vs Thawne last season and it happened
You're aware that this is basically the most requested MU for both, right? Not only that, the fact that it's researcher's wet dreams straight up increases it's possibility
Also, again, Magneto is a comic character, did you learn nothing from GB vs Thawne and Korra vs Storm?
Because of this, i think Magneto vs Tetsuo is pretty much confirmed at this point
^

Oh, for last season I think I have mentioned but since its kinda brought up.

S8's Legacy fights truly meant fights that DB wanted to do.

Shadow vs Ryuko was done due to team real wanting to do Kill la Kill for years. Lex vs Doom was their request too. Chad wanted MM s KAM and Ben wanted Korra vs Storm. Ultraguy as mentioned wanted Black vs RF and Swan wanted DIO vs Al.

Now, I don't know if S9 will be that much based on team's wants, but Magneto is a shoe in. Mewtwo is just the other lesser choice for them.

Oh, for last season I think I have mentioned but since its kinda brought up.

S8's Legacy fights truly meant fights that DB wanted to do.

Shadow vs Ryuko was done due to team real wanting to do Kill la Kill for years. Lex vs Doom was their request too. Chad wanted MM s KAM and Ben wanted Korra vs Storm. Ultraguy as mentioned wanted Black vs RF and Swan wanted DIO vs Al.

Now, I don't know if S9 will be that much based on team's wants, but Magneto is a shoe in. Mewtwo is just the other lesser choice for them.
All we know about S9 that while it doesn't have a gimmick alot of new franchises will be introduced going by Ben and Ultraguy who said you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much new stuff going to be in S9

I guess they don't want to reveal alot of stuff
Obviously can't spoil everything
I still kinda disagree aswell
I mean Leonardo a third timer don't see why Shadow can't be one
But whatever it's done at this point
What about Shinji?
Magneto vs Tetsuo is simply more popular
Also i feel like you could **** up the animation potential for Tetsuo vs Shinji because of le size difference, so Magneto vs Tetsuo would be a less risky option
Also Shinji vs Tetsuo probably didn't make sufficient rounds in the vs community to make a dent in it

I know I'm twisting the question a bit, but a 20 episode Season of my most wanted (if you couldn't tell, I kinda prefer the villain matchups):

1. Destoroyah vs Iris
2. Doctor Octopus vs Mr Freeze
3. Ridley vs Vile
4. Mac vs Ippo
5. Shifu vs Splinter
6. Captain America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo
7. Gogeta vs Omegamon
8. Asura vs Atrocitus
9. Spawn vs Demi-Fiend
10. Master Chief vs Doomslayer

11. Yusuke vs Yoh
12. Skeletor vs Lord Zedd
13. Megatron vs Vilgax
14. Shulk vs Lightning
15. Frieza vs Pyron
16. Maxwell vs Rudy
17. Terumi vs Sinestro (Halloween episode)
18. Medusa vs Orochimaru
19. Bowser vs Eggman
20. Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger

New series: Punch-Out!!, Hajime no Ippo, Kamen Rider, Shaman King, Gurren Lagann, Shin Megami Tensei, Asura's Wrath, Scribblenauts, ChalkZone - 9

DC count: 4

Marvel count: 2

Any critiques? The big one to me is the oversaturation of Lanterns amongst the DC characters (maybe I could swap Sinestro/Terumi for Doomsday/682?).

Magneto vs Tetsuo is simply more popular
Also i feel like you could **** up the animation potential for Tetsuo vs Shinji because of le size difference, so Magneto vs Tetsuo would be a less risky option
I mean there are workarounds.

You can have Tetsuo make a golem via rubble, launch buildings at Shinji to counter the pilot's weapons, and you can showcase Shinji being methodical with his weaponry while Tetsuo could be arrogant and chaotic with his telekinesis.

Hell you can have Fetus Tetsuo vs. Endgame Shinji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back