• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugh why would we waste Yukari on Hoopa though? I'm sure she has plenty of better MUs. Personally a huge fan of Yukari vs Altair for Yukari MUs.

I think Kirby has had his best matchup. He doesn’t need to come back imo.
Yeah, when it comes to Death Battle, Kirby has no need to come back. Even though he's become significantly stronger since Vs Buu and gained new abilities, that whole fight was one of their best imo and anybody else against Kirby doesn't have similar potential.

Except Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma imo, that's a really fun MU, but let another versus show handle that!

Especially not when DB could pull other characters from his franchise like Meta Knight (who has Zero and Schezo as immediate options) or Bandana Dee, or Marx (who has Flandre Scarlet as an immediate option). That franchise has plenty of potential outside of Kirby himself.

Any good Touhou MU, i'm not sure which, i guess Cirno vs Jack Frost or Yukari vs Altair idk really (Or i could put something stupid here like Valkenhayn vs Sakuya which would result into Sakuya W since the research team buys universal 2hou, but not universal Blazblue, so that would mean my waifu would get the W Insert evil laughter here
In terms of Touhou MUs, I feel like they'd want to save Cirno vs Jack Frost until after introducing both SMT and Touhou as verses, as I feel that MU depends a lot on knowing about both of those verses and how they function, and some of the stuff that match hinges on (like Cirno having immortality & instant resurrection based on her fairy existence & element she's tied to and Jack Frost not being conventionally killable due to being part of a Collective Unconscious) are probably not the type of weird bullshit you'd want to introduce either franchise with. I'd say starting with Reimu, Sakuya, Marisa, or another Touhou high-mid tier (Kasen, Flandre etc etc) would be a perfect starting point, then you could introduce the weirder ends like Cirno vs Jack, and the higher ends like Yukari vs Altair. That's just how I'd view things if I was running this show.

Anyways in terms of Touhou MUs I like:

I am the world's only advocator for Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic , an MU I have talked about manytimes in the past and will continue to talk about despite that. It's got pretty good connections, amazing fight potential, a guaranteed banger music track, just about everything I'd want out of a DB/versus battle.

Marisa Kirisame vs Lina Inverse seems to be both's most popular MUs, and if they were gonna pull either one of them, the other would be their opponent (though I'm not against Marisa fighting an MC from the Cotton series, a major Puyo character, or the weirdly thematic Saitama lol )

Reimu Hakurei's most popular MU is Yusuke iirc, but generally Reimu's got a lot of MUs you could put her against I'd be fine with, so long as we don't end up putting her against Madoka Magica I'm fine, that MU sucks.

Sakuya Izayoi also has plenty, but the most likely one would be Hit from Dragonball since the research team has expressed interest before.

Flandre Scarlet vs Marx from Kirby is another really fun matchup with surprisingly decent thematic behind it as well, that has a lot of fun animation potential, an easy banger track, despite a relatively clear winner.

Death Battle doesn't need to do it, but I really love Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma and think its a really fantastic fight with a lot of fun ways to go about it, but leave it for another versus show.

Youmu Konpaku vs Vergil is another fun matchup that while not the most thematic, has very simple and fun connections for a fun fight. While by most accounts, Vergil likely has this, with the PATHETIC stats they gave Vergil in his last episode, there's a good chance Youmu could pull this unless they drastically change Vergil's stats lol (especially since they apparently buy Uni Touhou). So it might be better served for a DBX in the end...

Cirno vs Jack & Yukari vs Altair are both amazing MUs imo that could be really fun and unique from the usual DB molds (I think Cirno v Jack has the possibility to be the first draw since Season 2 and actually be fun, and Yukari v Altair is a really crazy conceptual cosmic fight that could be amazing if handled well).

TFW you win ur series will be 2-0 in DB
de9r2tu-c92b2497-00aa-4fc9-b2ec-e27a2b8a061f.jpg

Anyways Touhou is overdue for a rep but the issue the most popular reps that are likely are Sakuya,Cirno and Reimu
Sakuya has either Homura or Hit
Cirno has Jack Frost
Reimu has Yusuke but the latter has Yoh and others knocking at his door

So Sakuya is frankly the likeliest Rep to appear first

Sakuya has been used in alot of Fanmade animation against Hit,Dio,Shadow, and Sans Etc in comparison to her peers
Hell her OMM fight with Dio is the most viewed one (Granted JJBA Popularity,Well done fight etc)

Thoughts about Elpizo vs Magolor?
Btw connections i found:

• Both are the main plot-twist antagonist in their first appeareances
  • Both start off as friendly allies to the main protagonist who would later betray them for their own desires
  • Both wanted an enormous source of power to rule over the world (Elpizo wants the Dark Elf, Mag wants the Master Crown)
  • Both once revealed to be traitors manage to transform with their power sources with forms made to look like their ideals
  • After being defeated initially, they grow into more power and become twisted winged monster forms of themselves (Elpizo's third form and Magolor Soul)
  • Both start off introducing themselves to the protagonist with a plan (Elpizo wants to destroy Neo Arcadia, while Magolor wants to fix the Lor Starcutter and have the Master Crown)
  • After they are defeated, they both apologize for they growing mad in order to grow in power
  • Both can also create portals to summon enemies

At the same time, they used Mitsuru before any main character from persona, so you never know
Fair, but Mitsuru is also a relatively easy and non-complicated introduction for a Persona character. She doesn't have as much of the crazy haxx or abilities of the main characters, and doesn't have any funky immortality revive shit like Jack or Cirno, so I'd argue that's a different case.

Accelerator is well-known in Asia. Obviously Acelerator and the whole To Aru Majutsu No Index is a WHO member in the USA.
Doctor Polaris (Post-Crisis) is only known in the deep DC fan circle and a WHO member elsewhere.

And is Magneto even a vector manipulator?
I mean how do you feel about Accelerator vs Lucy (Elfen Lied) for a battle of "vector manipulators"?

At this point, I just think that Accelerator is a character that we should make a community MU chart for

I think we all know who I'm putting up to bat, though...

albelt01_arlout.png

Fair, but Mitsuru is also a relatively easy and non-complicated introduction for a Persona character. She doesn't have as much of the crazy haxx or abilities of the main characters, and doesn't have any funky immortality revive shit like Jack or Cirno, so I'd argue that's a different case.
Sure. And they have yet to talk about the low complex multiverse level stuffs.

In terms of Touhou MUs, I feel like they'd want to save Cirno vs Jack Frost until after introducing both SMT and Touhou as verses, as I feel that MU depends a lot on knowing about both of those verses and how they function, and some of the stuff that match hinges on (like Cirno having immortality & instant resurrection based on her fairy existence & element she's tied to and Jack Frost not being conventionally killable due to being part of a Collective Unconscious) are probably not the type of weird bullshit you'd want to introduce either franchise with. I'd say starting with Reimu, Sakuya, Marisa, or another Touhou high-mid tier (Kasen, Flandre etc etc) would be a perfect starting point, then you could introduce the weirder ends like Cirno vs Jack, and the higher ends like Yukari vs Altair. That's just how I'd view things if I was running this show.

Anyways in terms of Touhou MUs I like:

I am the world's only advocator for Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic , an MU I have talked about manytimes in the past and will continue to talk about despite that. It's got pretty good connections, amazing fight potential, a guaranteed banger music track, just about everything I'd want out of a DB/versus battle.

Marisa Kirisame vs Lina Inverse seems to be both's most popular MUs, and if they were gonna pull either one of them, the other would be their opponent (though I'm not against Marisa fighting an MC from the Cotton series, a major Puyo character, or the weirdly thematic Saitama lol )

Reimu Hakurei's most popular MU is Yusuke iirc, but generally Reimu's got a lot of MUs you could put her against I'd be fine with, so long as we don't end up putting her against Madoka Magica I'm fine, that MU sucks.

Sakuya Izayoi also has plenty, but the most likely one would be Hit from Dragonball since the research team has expressed interest before.

Flandre Scarlet vs Marx from Kirby is another really fun matchup with surprisingly decent thematic behind it as well, that has a lot of fun animation potential, an easy banger track, despite a relatively clear winner.

Death Battle doesn't need to do it, but I really love Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma and think its a really fantastic fight with a lot of fun ways to go about it, but leave it for another versus show.

Youmu Konpaku vs Vergil is another fun matchup that while not the most thematic, has very simple and fun connections for a fun fight. While by most accounts, Vergil likely has this, with the PATHETIC stats they gave Vergil in his last episode, there's a good chance Youmu could pull this unless they drastically change Vergil's stats lol (especially since they apparently buy Uni Touhou). So it might be better served for a DBX in the end...

Cirno vs Jack & Yukari vs Altair are both amazing MUs imo that could be really fun and unique from the usual DB molds (I think Cirno v Jack has the possibility to be the first draw since Season 2 and actually be fun, and Yukari v Altair is a really crazy conceptual cosmic fight that could be amazing if handled well).
Makes sense.
Except say Yusuke Urameshi has had Yoh Asakura.
Oh yeah Sakuya Izayoi will fight Hit or Kurumi Tokisaki. (Hit has had really Sakuya and Cygnus Hyouga as good MUs tbh)
Kirby vs Toutetsu Yuuma is great and has more close connections than say Kirby vs Yuyuko Saigyouji but there will be an issue of popularity (and yes Kirby vs Yuyuko Saigyouji is a legacy matchup in Asia, only to be taken by Rimuru Tempest and Yuuma Toutetsu recently.)
Yes Yukari Yakumo vs Altair is the best MU for both, but for popularity sake there are two good alternatives - vs Dimentio and vs Hoopa. (Cosmic dimension/portal manipulators death battle, pretty simple close connections right?)

TFW you win ur series will be 2-0 in DB
de9r2tu-c92b2497-00aa-4fc9-b2ec-e27a2b8a061f.jpg
And yeah Akame craps on Killua and on Katana. At least Akame and Katana have a haxxed sword. And they are black-haired female protagonist characters. And if you consider their lightning dodging speeds they are also fairly even.

Do you think DB will use those stats?
Why not? Akame defeated Esdeath and we know how strong Esdeath is.
Oh they even mentioned Akame clashed aganst and defeated Esdeath, who defeated final form Tatsumi, who defeated Shikoutazer who made a giant fireball as a supporting feat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back