• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, looking at this and SB, while they really are good animations, they do feel off. As a series that attempts to put focus on character personalities, these fights are over the top bit too much, say looking at fights like Banjo&Kazooie vs Yoshi.

Also why the **** does people keep doing angry Mario so much lmao

I didn't watch those but what was the gist in there
They said Mario’s Tier 5 attack (this) was higher than Super Sonic’s durability and that Sonic is a poor strategist.

However, Mario was 14 mph (lmao) compared to Sonic being MFTL, so obviously Mario had no hope of winning with their stats (though they pulled a Wiz and said it was somehow super close despite that speed gap due to Mario’s unpredictability and versatility).

Last edited:
They said Mario’s Tier 5 attack (this) was higher than Super Sonic’s durability and that Sonic is a poor strategist.

However, Mario was 14 mph (lmao) compared to Sonic being MFTL, so obviously Mario had no hope of winning with their stats (though they pulled a Wiz and said it was somehow super close despite that speed gap).
Yeesh

Archie Won and the fight was good but holy ******* hell I've never seen Archie Sonic so downplayed before. Cosmic Interstate speed feat was never mentioned, Matter Manipulation with Ultra was barely touched on, One Billionth Ring Aura that would've protected Sonic from all of Paper's transmutations was never mentioned, Fate Manipulation was actively discredited/deflected and blamed on the stupidity of the villains (lol), his highest level feat was MOON LEVEL, all of his universal to multiversal level opponents/feats were actively ignored, the Super Genesis Wave feat was downplayed, Time Stop resist/outspeeding the time stop was only given to Roboticized Sonic, they tried to make the massive speed gap not that big a deal because "Sonic would never start at full speed", and sure, he wouldn't, but no matter how slow he was he'd never give PM a reasonable chance with that speed, like holy shit every edge they gave to PM, Sonic actively had a counter to that they just, ignored. I knew it was gonna be bad but absolutely not this bad.

I'm glad the fight was at least enjoyable, and while the research was TERRIBLE I think the presenting/writing of the analysis itself is at least passable enough.

Archie Won and the fight was good but holy ******* hell I've never seen Archie Sonic so downplayed before. Cosmic Interstate speed feat was never mentioned, Matter Manipulation with Ultra was barely touched on, One Billionth Ring Aura that would've protected Sonic from all of Paper's transmutations was never mentioned, Fate Manipulation was actively discredited/deflected and blamed on the stupidity of the villains (lol), his highest level feat was MOON LEVEL, all of his universal to multiversal level opponents/feats were actively ignored, the Super Genesis Wave feat was downplayed, Time Stop resist/outspeeding the time stop was only given to Roboticized Sonic, they tried to make the massive speed gap not that big a deal because "Sonic would never start at full speed", and sure, he wouldn't, but no matter how slow he was he'd never give PM a reasonable chance with that speed, like holy shit every edge they gave to PM, Sonic actively had a counter to that they just, ignored. I knew it was gonna be bad but absolutely not this bad.

I'm glad the fight was at least enjoyable, and while the research was TERRIBLE I think the presenting/writing of the analysis itself is at least passable enough.
Now I think about it.

Genuine question, who downplayed Sonic more, Smash Bracket or Matpat?

Now I think about it.

Genuine question, who downplayed Sonic more, Smash Bracket or Matpat?
rough tbh, I'd say Matpat had worse effects on Sonic downplay over the years, I remember ppl used to genuinely use his video in arguments for why Game Sonic genuinely wasn't light speed. I hear he's better about it now, though?

In the modern day though probably Smash Bracket because moon level Archie Sonic is some insanity

9_Sem_Titulo.jpg

I think they definitely tackled a fight like this WAYYYY too early into a series like this. Pulling a Vs Battle darling like ******* Archie Sonic so early into a series is an odd move imo, probably would've benefited from using him later on I think, or at least one of the last episodes of the season, if not the season finale.

I think it's only to fair to give PM the same treatment in terms of "downplay rant".

Ahem...

*PM had 14MPH speed with MHS reactions (No cross-scaling speed feats/statements from main series Mario nor scaling PMs speed to his items or lore). Honestly don't SB know the term "speed blitz?" even you play "speedsters don't use their true speed IC" card.

*PM straight up wasn't allowed the Pure Hearts yet was given everything else (Star Spirits, Crystal Stars, Paint, Stickers, etc) which is surprisingly inconsistent tbh.

*They brought up the blatant tier 2 feats/statements from SPM yet said the fan feat was the "most" impressive destructive feat PM had meaning he had stonewall tier 3/2 durability but tier 5 AP which ironically made his damage reflection badges/items useless lol!

*And since PM wasn't allowed any scaling to Super Mario, his best feat (without items/power-ups) is breaking "large blocks".

Like I mentioned before I'm not as bothered by SBs "ruleset" like others are since the Vs community is a chill hot pot of subjectivity, they'll always be others with a different PoVs (tastes) and that's fine (The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed on most things).

That said the animation was good imo and I wish SB have a prosperous future which hopefully includes proper scaling standards.

On a related note it still irksome how barebones this is.

The fight was technically incredible, but it feels weird in over the top comedic tone.

Research wise, as someone who respects strictness, Archie Sonic research wasn't the worst. I found his Era thing kinda similar to my thoughts of it, although having only 3 eras is very misleading. More accurate would be Early Gag Era (Start until Endgame Arc), Dark Ages / The Pendering (until 160, but could also be split into sub-eras), Ian tries to fix everything Era (160 to until reboot) and Reboot era. Trying to fit Ian's early stuff into Penders era weirdness is misleading and wrong since Ian's stuff was not try hard.

Now, the thing about super strictness is that you must be strict to both characters... so why the hell did they give PM planet level fan lol

It makes no sense to use it if you are THAT strict with Archie Sonic. PM stories break instantly with strict logic if you use planet level fan.

Honestly this kinda happened with Sonic vs Fox in SB. Ok, Super Sonic cant be that fast or strong, yet you unironically give Fox MFTL reactions? Get outta here.

Also Megawatts is just Tons of TNT with just another coat of paint.

EDIT: Axiom's point was also good. They mentioned Uni stuff for PM but didnt use them? They did say it wasnt quite possible to get exact stats on them that was weird thing to not bring up at verdict part.

Last edited:
Actually thinking about it, ASonic eventually did gain more strategic points during Mecha Sally arc, instead of rushing to attempting to stop and save her, he tried to save a village rather than focus on sth which failed earlier.

Yeah you can probably find a lot of holes in his analysis if you think about it hard enough.

Might remake this when Enamorus gets actual Sugemori artwork. Also, PLA spoiler, I guess?

But yeah, new DBX idea: Enamorus (Pokemon Legends Arceus) vs Lilith (SMT)
Design basis around snakes and love-hating the garden of Eden (Enamorus being stated to give 'abundant life' to Hisui by it's love, and Lilith being one of Adam's exes).

DBX_Enamorus_vs_Lilith.png

I think it's only to fair to give PM the same treatment in terms of "downplay rant".

Ahem...

*PM had 14MPH speed with MHS reactions (No cross-scaling speed feats/statements from main series Mario nor scaling PMs speed to his items or lore). Honestly don't SB know the term "speed blitz?" even you play "speedsters don't use their true speed IC" card.

*PM straight up wasn't allowed the Pure Hearts yet was given everything else (Star Spirits, Crystal Stars, Paint, Stickers, etc) which is surprisingly inconsistent tbh.

*They brought up the blatant tier 2 feats/statements from SPM yet said the fan feat was the "most" impressive destructive feat PM had meaning he had stonewall tier 3/2 durability but tier 5 AP which ironically made his damage reflection badges/items useless lol!

*And since PM wasn't allowed any scaling to Super Mario, his best feat (without items/power-ups) is breaking "large blocks".

Like I mentioned before I'm not as bothered by SBs "ruleset" like others are since the Vs community is a chill hot pot of subjectivity, they'll always be others with a different PoVs (tastes) and that's fine (The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed on most things).

That said the animation was good imo and I wish SB have a prosperous future which hopefully includes proper scaling standards.

On a related note it still irksome how barebones this is.
I was more irked by Archie's than PM's, since PM was at least allowed more of his arsenal, but yeah, SB's ruleset honestly hurts it a lot more than it helps it imo.

I'm fine with PM not being allowed scaling to Super Mario, since I personally don't really like the compositing we do for Mario on VSBW, but I know he has better strength feats than... that....

Also Marie is being remembered for an apprentice god to the Velvet Room. She is not meant to murder Weather Report despite totally able to do so. A stand user with weather manipulation in JJBA is meant to fight a weather manipulation user with a stand in One Piece.
Yeah, sorry that its taking so long to get Weather vs Nami done, I'll eventually get to it, I'm just going back and forth on whether I wanna wait until more of the anime is shown or just keep using game clips along with the few anime clips that we have. I also need to find a good background song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back