• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 more month my fellow degenerates
For the first show to air in March, there will be a teaser and character preview in late February.
So I have a time table to build a new thread.

I feel like they would've given us news at Magfest if that wasn't cancelled
Magfest 2022 was never cancelled. Just the Rooster Teeth crew were physically absent.

About the Arceus vs Beerus CDB...
We know this is why Community Death Battle exists but they are very slow in listening to ideas aren't they?

Whats the next biggest Xeno match after that?

Actually I had a post answering a very similar question a few pages back:

OK, so I've been thinking recently about how it's possible for Shulk to not be the first Xeno JRPG rep we get on Death Battle. I say this because Tatsumaki was the first OPM character we got on the format, and it's only just taken us until now to get Saitama.

So, as your local Xenotard, who could be on the format before him?

1) Rex (XC2)

RexXPhneuma.gif

This is probably the obvious one. You could make the argument that Morag should go first as an XC2 rep to grease the skids for how Driver-Blade combos should work, but not only have we already exercised two Jojo's reps, but if the prospect of 'literally who' is such an issue, then this knocks out several birds with one stone.

As for who he goes up against, well... I think you've seen me rattle off Ouma Shuu (Guilty Crown) as his #1 MU, but if push came to shove, and any of the three main KH reps stepped up to bat, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

2) Melia (XC1)

MeliaStaff.gif

While I may never understand the people who put Alcamoth's Priestess up as one of the game's top waifus, I have to commend the potential of her MU spreads (one post of which I've already outlined). I may also be either appeasing or spiting a former acquaintance, depending on who she goes up against.

3) Albedo (Xenosaga)

AlbedoCropMe2of2.gif

OK, I'll admit, Albedo is legitimately only on this list because I need a villain to point out, and I couldn't be sincere about KOS-MOS's viability on the format (not saying I'm against her, but I don't feel passionately about any of her MUs). Albedo is the best villain in the Xenosaga trilogy, and with the exception of Margulis and maybe Dmitri Yuriev or Luis Virgil, the gap is not even close.

Who could voice these characters on the show is also something I've neglected to mention (partly because DBa has a lack of British VAs, and I don't quite see them bringing in official(s)). You might think that Albedo isn't going to get access to Crispin Freeman, but when considering that Alucard got access to his abridged VA, the card is still on the table (Alucard's non-abridged VA is Crispin Freeman, if you're curious). Then again, Josh Grelle exists, and Albedo's laugh isn't all that hard to replicate, so...

I am neutral on both, and from their looks it seems like Ashe vs Zora Salazar may actually be a nice matchup.
Don't know how counter indicating this will be as I am also the one who also loves (say) She-Ra vs Wonder Woman, Akuma vs Shao Kahn, Monika vs Miyuki Sone, Yuno Gasai vs Rena Ryugu, Yukari Yakumo vs Altair/Hoopa and Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi. Okay She-Ra vs Wonder Woman and Akuma vs Shao Kahn were realised and we knew how they turned out.

At this rate Shulk vs Lightning feels like only Xeno match DB will realistically do.

Actually I had a post answering a very similar question a few pages back:
  • Rex + Pyra/Mythra (XC2)
  • Melia (XC1)
  • Albedo (Xenosaga)
The possible Xenoblade MU I can after Shulk is Mythra and Pyra/Rex
I am sad few people care about KOS-MOS. At one point KOS-MOS was just very popular and very very memey because of one mal-produced figure. Specifically Aleph vs KOS-MOS.

But I feel weird I am fine Samus Aran will be more likely fighting Mega Man X instead of (either against) KOS-MOS and 2B fighting Winter Schnee instead of Morag.

Last edited:
At this rate Shulk vs Lightning feels like only Xeno match DB will realistically do.

The possible Xenoblade MU I can after Shulk is Mythra and Pyra/Rex
This and maybe Kosmos, I kinda liked some of Joycaps ideas, but I’m not sure how many might happen, kinda unpredictable

Ben 10 vs Hal had good connections, yes.

If we analyse DB, then that MU kinda gets bad, because how come Aang vs Harry, Kirby vs Ditto & Raven vs Scarlet Witch get canned for being "stomps", yet going by Black vs RF DC stats, now Ben vs Beast Boy would have been closer match. Sure, retroactive thing but kinda awkward.

:V
Probably because while there just not only stomps but not interesting to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back