• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally Universal/Universal+ for DC/Marvel Heralds should be consider a possibility, at least when it come to genuine feats and not take out of context (like Hal Jordan holding the "Big Bang" or Post-Crisis and Golden Age Supermen were "destroying" the universe in their clash).

While there may be Universal/Universal+ feats between the many inconsistencies/retcons, character's holding back their strength or their powers vastly change across stories it just too difficult to be sure if those are legitimate or just outliers.

If i'm going to be honest, i think the best way to tier DC/Marvel characters would be with having a Varies, where their most consistent mid-high end feats should be their principal tiers, while their best high end feats should be left as possibly.

So something like this:

Marvel) Varies. 5-B to 4-B, possibly 3-A/Low 2-C.

DC) Varies. 5-A to 4-B, possibly 3-A/Low 2-C.
Pretty much

Did he? I know **** all about this character
main-qimg-de785cdd604f095c41dc53e4d7327ded

I don't either but unless I'm missing context then uhh

So something like this:

Marvel) Varies. 5-B to 4-B, possibly 3-A/Low 2-C.

DC) Varies. 5-A to 4-B, possibly 3-A/Low 2-C.
Yeah that’s fair. I’d say it’s best to try to make sense of the inconsistencies by factoring in that various characters either hold back because they don’t kill (like, probably every superhero that thinks murder is wrong or doesn’t want to kill every civilian in the vicinity of their fights) or have strength levels that vary for whatever reason (The Hulk and Sentry based on their mental states, Green Lanterns on their willpower, Speedsters based on how much Speed Force energy they’re channeling and/or how fast they’re moving, ect), or both.

Yeah that’s fair. I’d say it’s best to try to make sense of the inconsistencies by factoring in that various characters either hold back because they don’t kill (like, probably every superhero that thinks murder is wrong or doesn’t want to kill every civilian in the vicinity of their fights) or have strength levels that vary for whatever reason (The Hulk and Sentry based on their mental states, Green Lanterns on their willpower, Speedsters based on how much Speed Force energy they’re channeling and/or how fast they’re moving, ect), or both.
Yes it's fair pretty much something I've been thinking since last season finale
It's easier to argue The can reach Universal and higher when they go all out/breaking there limits

I would also like to add that the same should be apply with Speed.

Now, characters like Superman, Silver Surfer and Thor have show to fly across interstellar and intergalactic distances (in relatively short timeframes) with enough consistenty that their Travel Speed can remain the same, however their Combat Speed and Reactions its another story, as many times they show to be much slower.

I mean how many times in Marvel we have see Street level characters be able to tag and hit Heralds when their gap in speed should make it impossible? The same somewhat happen in DC as well, so i do think that we should treat Speed in the same way.

Marvel) Varies. Massively Hypersonic+/Relativistic/FTL (depend of how much fast you think Marvel Street level characters should be) up to Massively FTL+ Combat Speed and Reactions, with Massively FTL+ Flying Speed.

DC) Varies. Massively Hypersonic/Relativistic/FTL (same with DC Street level characters) up to Massively FTL+ Combat Speed and Reactions, with Massively FTL+ Flying Speed.

I'm not sure if Lifting Strength should get the same treated, i just don't know how much consistently the heavy hitters in DC/Marvel had be show to move planets/stars instead of just lift mountains/islands/country/continents.

Last edited:
Without research? Honestly most would point to the speedsters, Archie Sonic, Darkseid, Doctor Fate or anyone else that I'm missing. Though I don't get the question, wdym by this ccharacter who beat this character?

If you mean rawly "DB characters beat that DB character in a fight" it might be tricky since without scaling we get limited connections.

But there is Rogue > Wonder Woman > Thor > Raiden

You know, Gohan vs Superboy isn't really that bad.

Neither Gohan nor Superboy fully scale to Goku or Superman's peaks, they have different fighting styles (ESPESIALLY Superboy with his telekinesis) and completely different personalities.
yeah, but Gohan isnt really different enough in my opinion, to a lesser extent Superboy

I mean he doesn't need a ring to time travel and might scale to resist some hax. Also he's a bit more thematic having an active hatred for Goku hoping timelines to ruin his life (by killing him) instead of his canon version which was more focused on killing mortals then screwing with Goku.

I mean he doesn't need a ring to time travel and might scale to resist some hax. Also he's a bit more thematic having an active hatred for Goku hoping timelines to ruin his life (by killing him) instead of his canon version which was more focused on killing mortals then screwing with Goku.
Again it really wouldn't change much beyond higher AP There's no point in using that version of Black cause he doesn't off much nor do i see DB using Heroes unless it's like Xeno Goku who's probaly more difficult to explain to Fans given the Anime,Manga And Arcade shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back