• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Actually, assuming their crossovers and cosmologies are the same due to their crossovers, who wins? Still Rainbow dash?
Not gonna lie, I want Death Battle to do Rainbow Dash vs Sonic. It would be even greater if RD actually won that matchup. I know Sonic fans would get really salty about it (Fragile egos)

Oh and it's also a really good MU, thematically, pretty certain of it
if she's given everything then she stat stomps a composite G1 Starscream but then will have no way of dealing with his immortal spark so she gets possessed
Rainbow should still win. Depends I guess on what continuity they use for Starscream? I don't know if any version of him actually beats Dashie tho. And nah, Rainbow Power/Elements of Harmony can affect spirits, and they give her a protective barrier that power nullifies everything it touches. At worst she'd win via Starscream having no way of coming back in a short enough time if his spark is his best wincon

I'd be super pumped for them to do Sonic vs Rainbow Dash. It's not gonna happen anytime soon though, because, y'know, Goku vs Sonic, but it's a good dream. Who knows? Maybe during that time we can get a Sonic x MLP IDW crossover event....................

@PonePoster i know this is a dumbass question, but would you be interested in Megami Tensei MLP, MUs?
Hmmmmmmmmm, I'd have to see which matchups they are, but it sounds cool. I can't really fathom who'd fight who for them

Also opinion on Sonic vs Ranbow Dash?
I think it's a great legacy matchup idea. I don't really care if Rainbow loses, I just like the theme and fight potential. Personally... I think Rainbow could probably win depending on what you buy for either, but I've never really looked that deep into Sonic's powerscaling. Right now it's in an awkward place because of Goku vs Sonic and a Mario vs Sonic rematch, but I think if it ever happens both are recognizable enough for a lot of views. I have faith they'd be able to give both plenty of respect nowadays

Shiiiiiiiit, we're gonna see Halben win the rematch aren't we?

I see more votes for Shadow vs Mewtwo (also I hope there's a joke about the meme of shadow liking Latinas in the episode lol)

I mean, after several lore statements, you get tired of it & you just want the visuals to confirm it
Exactly. You want to see it proven on screen at some point, it's unreasonable to bash those who have reasonable doubt over it. Especially with a series that's story driven. I think leniency should be given to RPGs though, due to their nature.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I'd have to see which matchups they are, but it sounds cool. I can't really fathom who'd fight who for them
Can’t think of any rn, but I will let you know
I think it's a great legacy matchup idea. I don't really care if Rainbow loses, I just like the theme and fight potential. Personally... I think Rainbow could probably win depending on what you buy for either, but I've never really looked that deep into Sonic's powerscaling. Right now it's in an awkward place because of Goku vs Sonic and a Mario vs Sonic rematch, but I think if it ever happens both are recognizable enough for a lot of views. I have faith they'd be able to give both plenty of respect nowadays
I think even Archie loses to Dash from the looks of it.

God I'll never take cartoon scaling seriously.

No
Nobody cares outside certain butthurt Ben stans
The rematch voted is gonna be between Mewtwo vs Shadow and Master Chief vs Doom Slayer

Maybe Mario vs Sonic 3 be another contender but the depends on how many backers are purely community without some casual folks involved

I mean, after several lore statements, you get tired of it & you just want the visuals to confirm it
Exactly. You want to see it proven on screen at some point, it's unreasonable to bash those who have reasonable doubt over it. Especially with a series that's story driven. I think leniency should be given to RPGs though, due to their nature.
Hope you realize a bunch of them cant afford it then continue from there or even somehow make a scenario to make sense for the character at times

knuckle_bine_vs_kinji_hakari_by_joshdoshmosh_di2q7f0-pre.jpg

extremely scuffed fan thumbnail, let’s gooooo

Huh, this thread's a thing now.

Anyways, if they are doing all of the failed matchups to win the Tournament of Champions and the Champions Ballot, I'm really hoping they do Dexter VS Jimmy and Lucina VS Grovyle (I mean, Hulk VS Godzilla got confirmed and that was a match that got out round 1).

Hope you realize a bunch of them cant afford it then continue from there or even somehow make a scenario to make sense for the character at times
Sucks for em then, though you don't even need to have a high budget. You almost never need a high budget for anything with enough wit, as you can do trickery with your visuals.

For example, Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. There's puddles and reflective surfaces that can be found that show the roof. To get this down as simply a reflection would be expensive and hardware intensive. But instead of that, the game was able to simulate reflections by simply making a model of the roof, and the surface glass like, acting as a window to see that extra model.

Sucks for em then, though you don't even need to have a high budget. You almost never need a high budget for anything with enough wit, as you can do trickery with your visuals.
Its not about budget for many of them, its about not fitting with them to pull it and somehow go on from it, its not like dragon ball to wish Earth back if they blow it, then there is also how for some such instances just dont fit for them simply, it aint fitting their style of story and whatever

Asura Wrath works cuz its space gods with the idea to be over the top episodic anime-esque type game which isnt that complex gameplay wise

I hope Death Battle does Halben again just to kill Ben again, harder this time.

Its not about budget for many of them, its about not fitting with them to pull it and somehow go on from it, its not like dragon ball to wish Earth back if they blow it, then there is also how for some such instances just dont fit for them simply, it aint fitting their style of story and whatever
Limitations of the mind I say. It's not even like Earth is the only planet in our vast universe anyways. Want to show planetary feats? Snipe a poor planet in our solar system, who needs Pluto really? Or a moon of Jupiter? Or you can have explosions in space bigger than planets. Again, it's only limited by the imagination.
Asura Wrath works cuz its space gods with the idea to be over the top episodic anime-esque type game which isnt that complex gameplay wise
We get our first planetary+ feat on earth, when Asura blows up Wyzen with his punches. Even Asura's wrath contradicts it when it's not in space. And even then, cutscenes are apart of every game, not just Asura's Wrath. It mimicking anime doesn't change that.

Limitations of the mind I say. It's not even like Earth is the only planet in our vast universe anyways. Want to show planetary feats? Snipe a poor planet in our solar system, who needs Pluto really? Or a moon of Jupiter? Or you can have explosions in space bigger than planets. Again, it's only limited by the imagination.
That requires long range to happen and then comes the questioning of why randomly do another planet or moon of big ones over the one you stand on, unless the character in question does for flexing

If it was as easy as you claim why didnt they many of them do so? Not everything is as easy as you think, like how time travel isnt as easy in actuality then usually shown
We get our first planetary+ feat on earth, when Asura blows up Wyzen with his punches. Even Asura's wrath contradicts it when it's not in space. And even then, cutscenes are apart of every game, not just Asura's Wrath. It mimicking anime doesn't change that.
Wyzen is in space trying to finger poke Asura, so thats wrong saying it aint

Its one thing when cutscenes is all it makes a game and another where it doesnt, outside of you having little gameplay to move asura freely as it allows you to before it goes to QTEs over and over and watch stuff like an anime

Clear difference buddy, stop trying to act like all games are similar, cuz some go for more cinematic approach with little gameplay here and there to do something outside just watching, while others make you do all the work before giving you a scene to advance forward after it

That requires long range to happen
Yes, a good feat, lol. What's the problem with it.
and then comes the questioning of why randomly do another planet or moon of big ones over the one you stand on, unless the character in question does for flexing
As you said, flexing. Maybe their accuracy was piss poor, and they missed. Maybe they had their attack deflected. See, there are more ways to get this shown.
If it was as easy as you claim why didnt they many of them do so?
Maybe they didn't intend these verses to be as strong as many people think
Not everything is as easy as you think, like how time travel isnt as easy in actuality then usually shown
Time travel is only complicated if you make it complicated. Go down the dragon ball route, it sprouts different timelines, problem solved you don't get any timey wimey weirdness. Or you could just, not include paradoxes.

things can be simplified, is what I'm saying. If you can't find a way to simplify it, think longer.
Wyzen is in space trying to finger poke Asura, so thats wrong saying it aint
And Asura is on earth. Or Gaia. I don't think it's earth actually, even if it looks like it, billions of years pass with human habitation and only then do they get modern technology. Oh, but that's rambling, anyways. Asura on Gaia made Wyzen explode on that planet, and the explosion happened in space. That goes back to my previous reasoning, how you can have big explosions in space to show power.
Its one thing when cutscenes is all it makes a game and another where it doesnt, outside of you having little gameplay to move asura freely as it allows you to before it goes to QTEs over and over and watch stuff like an anime
Oh, you're serious about this? A good majority of Asura's Wrath's gameplay is a beat em up, and then you get the on rail shooter sections. To say that the cutscenes is "all it makes a game" (im assuming you're saying that Asura's Wrath is mainly just cutscenes) is just wrong. Only 2 of the levels fill this quota, and they're the DLC lost levels.
Clear difference buddy, stop trying to act like all games are similar, cuz some go for more cinematic approach with little gameplay here and there to do something outside just watching, while others make you do all the work before giving you a scene to advance forward after it
??? It's still cutscenes in the end, yo. You just listed what cutscenes are. And sure, a dating Sim isn't going to have wide destruction scenes (unless it's that kind of dating sim), but God of War is an action series based on killing mythical beasts and gods.

Yes, a good feat, lol. What's the problem with it.
No genius, that means they either yeet something there or have attacks like a beam for it, which again, it aint fitting all
As you said, flexing. Maybe their accuracy was piss poor, and they missed. Maybe they had their attack deflected. See, there are more ways to get this shown.
Yet nobody done that ever despite these options you keep giving
Time travel is only complicated if you make it complicated. Go down the dragon ball route, it sprouts different timelines, problem solved you don't get any timey wimey weirdness. Or you could just, not include paradoxes.
Dragon ball in no way has a simple time travel concept, especially when even the TFS parody made fun of how its bullshit
things can be simplified, is what I'm saying. If you can't find a way to simplify it, think longer.
Not everything can be simplified, you still end up with stuff related to it from whatever you do there
And Asura is on earth. Or Gaia. I don't think it's earth actually, even if it looks like it, billions of years pass with human habitation and only then do they get modern technology. Oh, but that's rambling, anyways. Asura on Gaia made Wyzen explode on that planet, and the explosion happened in space. That goes back to my previous reasoning, how you can have big explosions in space to show power.
He blew up in space, Asura just hit his limb that reaches their Earth, they didnt fight 1v1 on surface, not many verses do space fights or fit to be doing one
Oh, you're serious about this? A good majority of Asura's Wrath's gameplay is a beat em up, and then you get the on rail shooter sections. To say that the cutscenes is "all it makes a game" (im assuming you're saying that Asura's Wrath is mainly just cutscenes) is just wrong.
Buddy its pretty much all to it, you move around to kick ass which isnt different from others who done it and some sections to shoot which is mainly like in those games you pilot ships to shoot at, so its not wrong
Only 2 of the levels fill this quota, and they're the DLC lost levels.
If you mean the SF ones, those were fan service without a plot
??? It's still cutscenes in the end, yo. You just listed what cutscenes are. And sure, a dating Sim isn't going to have wide destruction scenes (unless it's that kind of dating sim), but God of War is an action series based on killing mythical beasts and gods.
Ok and how tf you want kratos to show cosmic visual feats which you so much complain they dont, when the way they play out the gameplay isnt fitting for cosmic battles, you expect to fight Thor travelling through planets? Or have titans duking with him like Wyzen?

Gow is taking things from the irl mythos which tell you stuff in text, like how the sky is infinite or Earth was thought to be the universe, next you will say these aint to believed within the mythos they were written

No genius, that means they either yeet something there or have attacks like a beam for it, which again, it aint fitting all
Again, how is that a problem at all? It's still a range feat either way, whether it's something that's yeeted or a laser.
Yet nobody done that ever despite these options you keep giving
because they lack the creativity/didn't think of it
Dragon ball in no way has a simple time travel concept, especially when even the TFS parody made fun of how its bullshit
It really is though. It's just timeline shit, don't see how it's complex.
Not everything can be simplified, you still end up with stuff related to it from whatever you do there
And I didn't say everything can be simplified, there are of course things that can't or shouldn't be. But that doesn't man you can't simplify stuff time travel, it can be done.
He blew up in space, Asura just hit his limb that reaches their Earth, they didnt fight 1v1 on surface, not many verses do space fights or fit to be doing one
I did say that Wyzen blew up in space. But, again, Asura beat him while being on the surface of the planet. He accomplished the feat and won the battle on Gaia.
Buddy its pretty much all to it, you move around to kick ass which isnt different from others who done it and some sections to shoot which is mainly like in those games you pilot ships to shoot at, so its not wrong
It's simple yes, most arena beat em ups are, but it's still very wrong to call it mostly cutscenes. Because again, most of the game has you play in arena like areas either clearing hoards or fighting bosses. And even then it still has deeper mechanics, like guage management.
If you mean the SF ones, those were fan service without a plot
No, the animated lost episodes that go in between the base game levels. They are fully animated in 2d, and are only played via QTEs, which is apparently what most people think Asura's Wrath is played as for the majority of the game.
Ok and how tf you want kratos to show cosmic visual feats which you so much complain they dont, when the way they play out the gameplay isnt fitting for cosmic battles, you expect to fight Thor travelling through planets? Or have titans duking with him like Wyzen?
Elden Ring, a Soulsborne game of all things, was able to show off impressive shit like Rahdahn's star/meteor shower and the Elden Beast spewing stardust to fight in a realm with dozens of Erdtrees, in which the Tarnished beats. Shit like this, this can be done, and have Kratos scale to it.
Gow is taking things from the irl mythos which tell you stuff in text, like how the sky is infinite or Earth was thought to be the universe, next you will say these aint to believed within the mythos they were written
And look at Record of Ragnarok and what happened to it.

And, it seems we've missed the plot here, but I want to reiterate that I don't doubt this stuff, maybe I think its a bit higher than I think it should be, but I don't reject this stuff entirely. I'm here explaining why people reasonably find doubt in the "tell don't show" shit, and why it's a bit lame to bash them when their doubts have justification.

Back