• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

fyuuw6qmz6td1.jpeg

To seriously feel like I went a decade back in time with this episode. It’s really nostalgic actually.

All you zoomers with your Super and Ikari, back in my day we listened to Alive and Exo.

Death Battle was always shit.
Bu-bu-but mA MuSIc Ma ANImAtiON
Guess what dipsh*t, they don't do any of that. They contract both those out. The only thing they do is powerscaling and writng both which suck *SS, Cope harder.
I was literally quoting their post analysis lol.

You’re taking this far too seriously, what I do nowadays is laugh at the dumb scaling, enjoy the animation and music and maybe laugh at the salt if there is any. If they use a character im emotionally attached to I’ll skip the episode if they lose.

I will say I kinda don’t want my most wanted MU to happen anymore because they could make it have the completely wrong verdict.

Time for a review (a little late I know ;) ).

Liked:

*The representation of both characters in their respective sections, showing why peeps find them appealing also the presentation of the comic/manga panels is top notch.

*The ost for the fight is pleasant yet epic to listen to while having a fittingly intense atmosphere.

*The pretty clean cut scaling on what feats and characters both scale to (instead pulling a One Piece KEK!).

*The 3D models and voicing acting are pretty professional imo.

Disliked:

*The animation was a bit rough at times and the choreography seemed a little lacking (I get one of the characters is part of the flying brick archetype and Nolan using Bardock's tail as a weapon was cool to see but I felt like it needed more "OOMPH").

*Hella sus research/calcs between the glaring differences between the canon and the Toei destruction of planet Vegeta and the shaky sundisk feat that can be interpreted in several different ways plus other issues, the outcome had many holes (I'm not just saiyan that because I believed Bardock would win, I would've accepted Nolan winning if the setup made sense but the setup had one too many shaky foundations).

*The actual fight banter was hit or miss for me imo (60/40 on the miss end).

Overall a 7/10 episode and a perfectly serviceable season opener that will defo reach a million views in a decently short period of time but held back by a couple major flaws. Hopefully Kratos Vs Asura pulls off a better "dad battle" in the future.
I’m sure some people worked hard to make some really shitty games and movies but they still get criticized.
Even the subReddit and Discord are saying that “okay, we know the music and fight animation is good but let’s not deflect to that when talking about the research or verdict”, if ride or die homies for Death Battle are putting aside the glazing of the music you KNOW the pooch was screwed.

Death Battle was always shit.
Bu-bu-but mA MuSIc Ma ANImAtiON
Guess what dipsh*t, they don't do any of that. They contract both those out. The only thing they do is powerscaling and writng both which suck *SS, Cope harder.
Yeah, you're going too hard with the salt here, how can I enjoy my steak now!

But, seriously, you say they have bad scaling and writing, and while there have been plenty of stinkers throughout its history, to ignore the absolute bangers we have had is both nearsighted and childish. Saitama vs Popeye, Snake vs Sam, Goku vs Superman 3, Ironman vs Lex, I can go on. These are classics, with great stories to boot, and good scaling around these parts. Just lighten up will ya, especially when the only bad thing about this episode is the scaling, when it's story is also good.

I was literally quoting their post analysis lol.

You’re taking this far too seriously, what I do nowadays is laugh at the dumb scaling, enjoy the animation and music and maybe laugh at the salt if there is any. If they use a character im emotionally attached to I’ll skip the episode if they lose.
Me with Tatsumaki vs Shigeo, I can't even force myself to watch it with the way he went out

But, seriously, you say they have bad scaling and writing, and while there have been plenty of stinkers throughout its history, to ignore the absolute bangers we have had is both nearsighted and childish. Saitama vs Popeye, Snake vs Sam, Goku vs Superman 3, Ironman vs Lex, I can go on. These are classics, with great stories to boot, and good scaling around these parts. Just lighten up will ya, especially when the only bad thing about this episode is the scaling, when it's story is also good.
Some people take this stuff a bit too seriously.

No. Cope Harder
95v5qu.gif

The absolutely horrendous scaling of this episode really made me nostalgic for the times I watched early Death Battle episodes as a kid. God I love this series
View attachment 765
Shit reminded me of Yang vs Tifa where Yang broke a pillar, thus >>> Final Fantasy.

Good times. Glad the research team stays consistently terrible at scaling.

Back