• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I also kinda have a problem with ignoring important plot points for the sake of higher calculations death battle has

Like if something is a outlier it should be pointed out as a outlier due to the story not supporting it and the outlier be used as a red hearing to throw the viewer off on who wins to make the fight more unpredictable

Get ready for 15 minutes of Death Battle saying "Yeah Doom fans that self insert as Doom, your god Doom is above multiversal, and he is beyond time, infinitely stronger and faster than infinity. He DESTROYS Master Chief"

Eh, I'll take DOOM jerking and glazing over Shadow vs Mewtwo 2.0 and Shadow being written like absolute dog shit out of pure spite.

It's been said multiple times by myself and many others: that episode ******* sucked ass, and I'm glad that shit didn't win the rematch poll.

space battles
i legit don't get the King vegeta feat was hallucination meme came from cause we legit see him nuke the planet with a wave of his hand and a brief glare before the planet explode
its also a flashback from vegeta who isn't a moron nor exaggerate how strong his father was at that time

Bardock:
Height - 175 cm (5'9)
Weight - 87 kg (192 lbs)
Age - 30s(?)
Race - Saiyan (Low-Class)
Status - Deceased

Omni-Man -
Height: 188 cm (6'2)
Weight: 114 kg (250 lbs)
Race - Viltrumite
Status - Deceased

Giorno Giovanna:
Height - 172 cm (5'8)
Weight - 65 kg (143 lbs)
Age - 15 (27 in 2012)
Race - Human Stand-User (Japanese-British; Immigrated to Italy)
Status - Alive

Joker:
Height - 175 cm (5'9)
Weight - 74 kg (163 lbs)
Age - 17/18
Race - Human
Status - Alive

Bowser:
Height - 262 cm (8'7; very variable)
Weight - Too Heavy for You (Very variable)
Age - 34
Race - Koppa
Status - Alive

Eggman:
Height - 185 cm (6'1; he's just surrounded by short people)
Weight - 128 kg (282 lbs)
Age - 50+
Race - Human

Eh, I'll take DOOM jerking and glazing over Shadow vs Mewtwo 2.0 and Shadow being written like absolute dog shit out of pure spite.

It's been said multiple times by myself and many others: that episode ******* sucked ass, and I'm glad that shit didn't win the rematch poll.
To be fair if we got Shadow vs Mewtwo 2.0, Shadow wouldn't be spited like the original. tbh it was the one I wanted to win cause I think modern DB could cook with it and live out the potential of the matchup better.

And how bad does it really contradict a bit of recharge time on Vegeta's part later?
I don't understand a "recharge" time.

Vegeta was angry as **** at Goku, he wanted to him blow him up with the Galick gun with all he had. He was putting everything. If he needed to recharge so be it. It was overkill.

Vegeta finger pointed Planet Arlia without effort.

Piccolo blew up the moon without effort (which got calced to small planet), why couldn't Vegeta do the same?

Unless I'm talking about a completely different instance.

I don't understand a "recharge" time.

Vegeta was angry as **** at Goku, he wanted to him blow him up with the Galick gun with all he had. He was putting everything. If he needed to recharge so be it. It was overkill.

Vegeta finger pointed Planet Arlia without effort.

Piccolo blew up the moon without effort (which got calced to small planet), why couldn't Vegeta do the same?

Unless I'm talking about a completely different instance.

i legit don't get the King vegeta feat was hallucination meme came from cause we legit see him nuke the planet with a wave of his hand and a brief glare before the planet explode
its also a flashback from vegeta who isn't a moron nor exaggerate how strong his father was at that time
shit i checked the episode and the Hallucination shit is even more stupid because this was vegeta who realized he stood no chance against frieza and showed Frieza nuked the planet and killing his father

well I wanted the rematch to be done so that they make a redo where they respect shadow, give him the respect he deserves

They did it with Goku vs Superman and they could have done it here

To be fair if we got Shadow vs Mewtwo 2.0, Shadow wouldn't be spited like the original. tbh it was the one I wanted to win cause I think modern DB could cook with it and live out the potential of the matchup better.
Shadow may not get it perfect, but given the conditions of a modern DB, I think they can do it justice. Especially since the modern team KNOWS people want to see an emotional, impactful fight that takes full advantage of the matchup. But I'm still glad Chef Slayer won, even if it can create annoying discussion itself.

IMG_3363.png

For reason they didn’t actually divide the Ronnaton value for Nolan, making him seem stronger than he actually was compared to Bardock with those two feats? Which uh. Is a choice.
I just read this. Oh man, they really DID give Omni-Man far more leeway. They're not beating the biased allegations are they 😭

I love Chief, but just let the man rest. The series has been through enough, at this point. Do we really need to see Doom God pound his face in? Halo fans don't need another L.
For sure. Plus it's kinda made worse by the fact when you realize Doomguy doesn't even need his cosmic high ends just to godstomp Master Chief. They're really gonna have to make a miracle if they wanna make this look like a fair fight.

I also kinda have a problem with ignoring important plot points for the sake of higher calculations death battle has

Like if something is a outlier it should be pointed out as a outlier due to the story not supporting it and the outlier be used as a red hearing to throw the viewer off on who wins to make the fight more unpredictable
Is this on Omniman vs Bardock or Death Battle overall?

Even if they do it wouldn't matter BB upscales heavily from Nolan and they put him at Star level that's not even going into how much faster BB is than Boros.
Yeah **** that then, OPM already got ****** by first putting Genos against War Machine and then Saitama vs ******* Popeye

Super Perfect Cell vs Cosmic Garou seems like a popular matchup that Cosmic Garou should win

Back