• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

It has no where near the backlash of Ben vs Green Lantern, 49k vs 5.3k at this moment.
Lol nah Nolan vs Bardock is nowhere close to Ben vs Hal like to dislikes if you go YT reception wise
Ben VS Hal has been on the youtube channel for much longer, so you can't compare their numbers

And even then, i didn't said on the sense of the numbers being literally comparable, but rather the reaction received is

The main reason why ya got peeps screaming DB bias shit because ignoring some issues with research

Most of Dragon Ball Wins are hardly impressive to general perception outside the hulk who took a hit due to the MCU nobody is batting an eye over who they beaten

They do it for free
LMAO

You know, this is pretty much why I value the opinion of influences and micro celebrities related to Death Battle less than literally anyone else. They can't be too rude to Death Battle since they're usually friends with the Death Battle staff

There's also a conflict of interest since they need Death Battle to stay relevant since their content relies on reacting and commenting on Death Battle and a lot of their fans are DB fans, so they would have to give opinions that appeal to their fans too

LMAO

You know, this is pretty much why I value the opinion of influences and micro celebrities related to Death Battle less than literally anyone else. They can't be too rude to Death Battle since they're usually friends with the Death Battle staff

There's also a conflict of interest since they need Death Battle to stay relevant since their content relies on reacting and commenting on Death Battle and a lot of their fans are DB fans, so they would have to give opinions that appeal to their fans too
They’re death battle jannies, I think they like having influence over the community

Time for a review (a little late I know ;) ).

Liked:

*The representation of both characters in their respective sections, showing why peeps find them appealing also the presentation of the comic/manga panels is top notch.

*The ost for the fight is pleasant yet epic to listen to while having a fittingly intense atmosphere.

*The pretty clean cut scaling on what feats and characters both scale to (instead pulling a One Piece KEK!).

*The 3D models and voicing acting are pretty professional imo.

Disliked:

*The animation was a bit rough at times and the choreography seemed a little lacking (I get one of the characters is part of the flying brick archetype and Nolan using Bardock's tail as a weapon was cool to see but I felt like it needed more "OOMPH").

*Hella sus research/calcs between the glaring differences between the canon and the Toei destruction of planet Vegeta and the shaky sundisk feat that can be interpreted in several different ways plus other issues, the outcome had many holes (I'm not just saiyan that because I believed Bardock would win, I would've accepted Nolan winning if the setup made sense but the setup had one too many shaky foundations).

*The actual fight banter was hit or miss for me imo (60/40 on the miss end).

Overall a 7/10 episode and a perfectly serviceable season opener that will defo reach a million views in a decently short period of time but held back by a couple major flaws. Hopefully Kratos Vs Asura pulls off a better "dad battle" in the future.

Last edited:
The CORE DB audience: "Oh yeeaaaahhh, that makes sense. I forgive the."

The NON-Core DB audience/outsiders: "Holy **** someone call 911! A dead character on the line!"

What's this I hear about the ship the destroyed the sundisk being resistant to its own weaponry, and getting wrecked by a Viltrumite at one point?

The main reason why ya got peeps screaming DB bias shit because ignoring some issues with research

Most of Dragon Ball Wins are hardly impressive to general perception outside the hulk who took a hit due to the MCU nobody is batting an eye over who they beaten
Not to mention the fact the main people Dragon Ball lose to are characters that are massively reduced in power for general audiences (MCU/DCAU) compared to their canon selves and are gargantuan in terms of material, given comic characters often don't actually operate at the level we describe on a day to day basis only to randomly skyrocket in strength for a given run. Except instead of 1 time, it happens 50 times over 2500 runs. It forces itself to be self-consistent. (Not a criticism to their approach to Comic Scaling. I think it's correct. I just think it's due to comics being like 100 years old and unintentionally stacking on itself. A symptom of the nature of Marvel and DC's approach to the comic book medium.) At this point people don't even read comics to say someone wins. People can hear "The Wall Vs Gohan" and the virtue of The Wall being from Marvel Comics will convince people that the Wall would probably win.

It's why a matchup like Simon Vs Kyle was made. To "finally" have an Anime character defeat a perceived "unstoppable" mountain. Only for DC to then make Kyle even stronger (whilst Simon stopped growing in power by choice at the end of his story) and now gets stomped unless you invest in Kirbonic's scaling/rely on the idea Simon has plothax.

The issue just gets compounded by the fact Dragon Ball is THE ANIME. It makes an already perceived "slight" even larger, because what exactly was the Dragon Ball character supposed to do? They've got at max 40 years of material, and sixteen of them wasn't in use. Meanwhile they're getting put against Herald McHeraldson, (this tier used to be reserved for Multi Solar to Galactic levels, but now everyone Herald and above is a flavor of Outerversal) who has the ability to warp higher dimensional multiverses with a blink. Obviously the average superfan is gonna be in arms after it happens so often. Plus, the wins often are less popular characters (Frieza, Roshi, 18, compared to Goku, Vegeta, or Trunks, some of the most popular.)

Not that I agree with all this-I don't really feel all that bothered. I can just see WHY someone would be so massively upset at this point.

Yup, we finally received a Ben VS Hal 2, instead that no one is actually defending the result

When i saw the Discord leaks i knew that the result would be controversial, but definitely did not thought it would be at this level
Bardock v Omni-Man isn't that bad, at least not yet. Ben vs Hal had millions with millions of views complaining about it

Not to mention the fact the main people Dragon Ball lose to are characters that are massively reduced in power for general audiences (MCU/DCAU) compared to their canon selves and are gargantuan in terms of material, given comic characters often don't actually operate at the level we describe on a day to day basis only to randomly skyrocket in strength for a given run. Except instead of 1 time, it happens 50 times over 2500 runs. It forces itself to be self-consistent. (Not a criticism to their approach to Comic Scaling. I think it's correct. I just think it's due to comics being like 100 years old and unintentionally stacking on itself. A symptom of the nature of Marvel and DC's approach to the comic book medium.) At this point people don't even read comics to say someone wins. People can hear "The Wall Vs Gohan" and the virtue of The Wall being from Marvel Comics will convince people that the Wall would probably win.

It's why a matchup like Simon Vs Kyle was made. To "finally" have an Anime character defeat a perceived "unstoppable" mountain. Only for DC to then make Simon even stronger (whilst Simon stopped growing in power by choice at the end of his story) and now gets stomped unless you invest in Kirbonic's scaling/rely on the idea Simon has plothax.

The issue just gets compounded by the fact Dragon Ball is THE ANIME. It makes an already perceived "slight" even larger, because what exactly was the Dragon Ball character supposed to do? They've got at max 40 years of material, and sixteen of them wasn't in use. Meanwhile they're getting put against Herald McHeraldson, (this tier used to be reserved for Multi Solar to Galactic levels, but now everyone Herald and above is a flavor of Outerversal) who has the ability to warp higher dimensional multiverses with a blink. Obviously the average superfan is gonna be in arms after it happens so often. Plus, the wins often are less popular characters (Frieza, Roshi, 18, compared to Goku, Vegeta, or Trunks, some of the most popular.)

Not that I agree with all this-I don't really feel all that bothered. I can just see WHY someone would be so massively upset at this point.
All this Simon vs Kyle shit is just reminding me that Gurren Lagann vs Getter Robo is better.

Bardock v Omni-Man isn't that bad, at least not yet. Ben vs Hal had millions with millions of views complaining about it
Ben VS Hal has been on the youtube channel for much longer, so you can't compare their numbers

And even then, i didn't said on the sense of the numbers being literally comparable, but rather the reaction received is

Also **** this “ stop ******** on them. They worked hard on this episode.”

**** off with that criticism we can absolutely criticize episodes based on research alone, considering the fact that they ask money from fans to bring back death battle.

I think we’re completely valid being a bit mean if they’re research this bad.

Back