• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

For the last question, it can yield it, based on how violently it's destroyed.

That there is the elephant in the room, because we never actually SEE its destruction in the comic, lol.
They also assume the sun disk stays in constant orbit naturally and that there aren't any sort of mechanisms in place to keep it where it is

Okay, getting serious a bit on expanding what I've already said, this was still a fun fight. Yeah the analysis is very divisive, probably one of the most on modern DB. But it was still fun, and when has rough research stopped us from watching, when it ain't that serious. In the end these are just nerds (friendly manner) making stories through fights, it never was that serious.

Also both times someone was sent to the sun in Dragon Ball, they also had a Kamehameha blast to contend with too, not just the sun

Not to mention the sun f*cking went supernova when cooler hit it, and guess what, sun was fine

I need to rewatch the episode a few more times to come to a firm conclusion on where it ranks amongst my favorite Dragon Ball episodes, but I'm definitely leaning into it making my top 5 for sure and possibly top 3.

Didn't they mention the Toei one in a black box?
The black box mentioning it gets results only slightly higher than what we have for the canon version of the Supernova, while Vegeta and King Vegetas feats getting all the way to star level can be contenious it's pretty generally agreed that Frieza obliterating planet Vegeta in toei is legit star to large star levels.

Is it just me, or was the analysis sort of... lifeless? Like, I know a lot of people don't like the animated gags with Wiz and Boomstick, but here it felt like it was just two dudes talking about characters I know nothing about. Probably because that's exactly what it was, I know, but still...
They probably didn't have as big a budget, so yeah I can see where your coming from

Okay, getting serious a bit on expanding what I've already said, this was still a fun fight. Yeah the analysis is very divisive, probably one of the most on modern DB. But it was still fun, and when has rough research stopped us from watching, when it ain't that serious. In the end these are just nerds (friendly manner) making stories through fights, it never was that serious.
If good amimation was the only qualifier, GvS2 would be a far better episode than it's considered.

I don't hate the new episode, but the analysis is so silly that it brings it down to a 7 or 6 out of 10 for me. Which is still fairly decent territory all things considered.

So many assumptions. So many different calcs. The sun disc is a complete ******* meme.
I mean, it's a lot easier to park something at a Langrange Point than it is to create something that constantly adjusts the position of an object in space. We use Lagrange Points for stuff like that in real life, just at the JWST space telescope as an example.

It's not a result I agree with but it's not the most disgusting result either imo.

Now I pray on the downfall of Mr. "1-A"

EoprNBaWMAEQI08.jpg:large

The black box mentioning it gets results only slightly higher than what we have for the canon version of the Supernova, while Vegeta and King Vegetas feats getting all the way to star level can be contenious it's pretty generally agreed that Frieza obliterating planet Vegeta in toei is legit star to large star levels.
We have Toei Planet Vegeta calc at 3.7k quettatons. He did it with one finger, and SSJ Bardock most likely scales above it to some degree, but yeah

I agree, I still had fun with it. I'm just glad the show is back (even if they can be... well, controversial).

If good amimation was the only qualifier, GvS2 would be a far better episode than it's considered.
I actually don't think the animation in that was all too good, honestly! Mo-cap has not aged well in the slightest.
I don't hate the new episode, but the analysis is so silly that it brings it down to a 7 or 6 out of 10 for me. Which is still fairly decent territory all things considered.
Yeah, that's fair. From the way I worded what I typed out, it comes off as odd, but a majority of what I posted is my own thoughts on the matter.

As for the next time (Joker vs Giorno) - I genuinely do not think Joker needs 1-A SMT wank to win (depending on how much people buy into anywhere near Uni Jojo's). Depends which Persona's they actually give Joker, or just use the options as a catch all 'he wins more scenarios'.

This does NOT mean that he wins via stuff like Jung shit that P5 characters aren't as personally willing to apply. Make that known right now.

Oh so that's what they gave for the Sun Disk Feat.
Planet Vegeta's destruction has been calc is 3,704.59 Quettatons.
Freize put in more effect in his quick skirmish with Vegeta in his First Form than he did destroying his planet.

This Begeta has a power level of 250,000
i4ZpBS5.png

SSDock has a power level of 500,000
Bare minimum Bardock should scale to twice of Planet Vegeta's destruction so around 7409.18 Quettatons.
It's still lower than this wank but with an ungodly speed advantage he'd still reasonably win.

I actually don't think the animation in that was all too good, honestly! Mo-cap has not aged well in the slightest.

Yeah, that's fair. From the way I worded what I typed out, it comes off as odd, but a majority of what I posted is my own thoughts on the matter.
The canyon section in GvS2 is some of the best action Death Battle has to offer. Every thing else was generally okay

I agree, I still had fun with it. I'm just glad the show is back (even if they can be... well, controversial).
It's straight up misinformation as this point.

Hinging the entire argument off the sun disc, with calculations that range from pentatons to quettatons, while completely ignoring the Viltrum bust context is insanity.

It's essentially manufactured an Omniman win no matter what. Why go off a feat with so many assumptions, no visible explosion, and it completely goes against the entire narrative of Invincible.

You're telling me a random ship can output star level power? But couldn't pop into Viltrum and destroy it with utter ease? What the ****

Back