• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode! I don't know much about Dragon Ball or Invincible, so I can't comment on the accuracy, but the rest of the episode was pretty enjoyable!

And Joker vs Giorno is next! Oh boy, out of the frying pan and into the fire...

I won't lie, I'm... conflicted.
(Please note: I know precious little about either series - I'm generally going by their own logic)

Immediate hot take (?) right off the bat: I don't think the calc for the sun disk itself was that bad (something about rank-and-file Viltrumites scaling vaguely to Nolan, and there being 1000s of them to make up the disk), so much as the power discrepancy that Nolan somehow won out on not being as drastic as the evident speed blitz Bardock has going on (I find myself reminded of Link vs Cloud 2021 in this regard, where Cloud's main win condition was just being that much faster).

I think at the end of the day (be it the whole 'experience and stamina' thing), what I think they were going for here was an example of a character who basically outhaxes an opponent sans any power difference (smart atoms, Nolan's trip across the universe... that kinda thing). I remember back in 2021 having a similar discussion about characters that can put this kind of win out of a hat.

I have no stakes in who actually won, all things considered. I think I'll be waiting a little bit for the dust to settle, though.

They're absolutely gonna do Gohan vs Mark aren't they....

And if they do Invincible vs Rodimus. Oh my days, both characters getting wanked to oblivion, I'm finished.

zyWQI4a.jpeg

Jokes aside this outcome was completely out of left field. Heck, before the leak I figured Bardock was almost guaranteed to win.

Bardock's winning arguments ("Directly scales to/above XYZ who effortlessly blew up this and that") are as straightforward as Dragon Ball's plot, whereas all of Omni-Man's winning arguments are dependent on highballing and interpretation-variable arguments (the Sun Disk being star-sized, Omnipotus, Spawn). And Death Battle tends to favor the character with more concrete feats and scaling.

But the guy I was rooting for won so I'm not gonna stress over it lol

Immediate hot take (?) right off the bat: I don't think the calc for the sun disk itself was that bad (something about rank-and-file Viltrumites scaling vaguely to Nolan, and there being 1000s of them to make up the disk), so much as the power discrepancy that Nolan somehow won out on not being as drastic as the evident speed blitz Bardock has going on (I find myself reminded of Link vs Cloud 2021 in this regard, where Cloud's main win condition was just being that much faster).
They did mention in a black box that there's a speed feat in Invincible that's in a similar ballpark to Bardock's scaling.

I also agree with you about the sun disc thing. I don't know enough about Invincible or calcing to comment on it. The calc group members probably can talk about that better than I can.

The sun disc wank just keeps getting worse.

120,000 Quettatons for an object that blocks out the sun to a singular planet. No calculations of KE or anything of the sort cause the explosions wasn't visible.

And of course Viltrumites can't even destroy Viltrum on their own. Yet apparently random ass ships can shoot out 120,000 Quettatons. Viltrumites scale based on a statement.

Complete ******* contradiction.

So how does blowing up a sun disk however thick and made up of whatever yield more than actually blowing up a sun?

Cuz they said the high end for the sundisk feat is 120k quettatons
That can happen. I mean, just look at a lot of kinetic energy feats on here. Moving the moon at any reasonable speed will net a higher result than overcoming the moon's gravitational binding energy.

Back