• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The rematch survey just dropped. Here's the options:
NUqgrqa.png
Oh wow, TerminatorCop really is a choice. Hope it gets enough votes to be considered for the future, even though I know the three choices are going to come down between DoomChief, ShadowTwo, and HalBen

"There's no real indication that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach are all needed for the Pure Hearts to work. Tippi was citing a quote from the Light Prognosticus, which was basically a collection of prophecies that foretold about four heroes who would unite to collect the Pure Hearts and stop the Chaos Heart. Tippi is essentially just pointing out that the prophecy has been fulfilled. The Pure Hearts needed to be collected by Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach for the prophecy to be accurate, but their power works regardless of who's handling them."
This is headcanon. Canonically Mario couldn't use it before Peach and co. arrived:

This is the big problem. Mario fought Bleck by himself and couldn't do it. This canonically happened, and all counter arguments are literal just headcanon like "Bowser loves Jr. so he can use them" or "anyone can use them, they were just wrong".

Whats crazy is that If Shadow returned, he would have been on DB as a fighter more times than Sonic 💀
I mean Batman (Bruce Wayne) has appeal in three different MUs while Superman has had the same MU three times lol! So stranger things have happened, I mean Luffy has yet to debut on DB at all... (excluding OMM/DBX).

The song also goes hard in the remake as well.

Is it bad I completely forgot TTYD got a remake?

I'm still wondering if DB will ever have Peter Parker return for a fight. All his matches are relatively mediocre and they either end in him stomping or him getting stomped. Really I just want him to return to get some respect on his name.

If ya donated to the KS it sends ya an email
Oh wow, TerminatorCop really is a choice. Hope it gets enough votes to be considered for the future, even though I know the three choices are going to come down between DoomChief, ShadowTwo, and HalBen
If this happened around 20-21 I agree but nobody cares about Ben vs Hal as a rematch in the community or outside it beyond butthurt hardcore Ben 10 stans

This is headcanon. Canonically Mario couldn't use it before Peach and co. arrived:

This is the big problem. Mario fought Bleck by himself and couldn't do it. This canonically happened, and all counter arguments are literal just headcanon like "Bowser loves Jr. so he can use them" or "anyone can use them, they were just wrong".

And even if they did work they would just break then there's nothing preventing the Time Eater from trying again as well as the Pure Hearts haven't been shown to actually damage or erase a target it didn't do it to Super Dimentio why would it hurt the Time Eater.

And even if they did work they would just break then there's nothing preventing the Time Eater from trying again as well as the Pure Hearts haven't been shown to actually damage or erase a target it didn't do it to Super Dimentio why would it hurt the Time Eater.

Yeah, a Pure Heart was literally depowered and turned into stone. Honestly, I think they're by far the most overrated part of this debate. They shouldn't work, and even if they did, Time Eater would just turn them into stone.

I think an interesting piece of discussion is do these various artifacts resist being drained of their energy? The Chaos Emeralds can drain the energy of the Sol Emeralds for their own use (and did so on their own for the energy of the Mind Control Ray in Runners) so presumably if they don't have these resistances they could drain the Dream Stone, Pure Hearts, Star Rod, etc.

People have been arguing the Pure Hearts would immediately undo what the Time Eater can do, and destroy him as well, like what happened with the Chaos Heart (which wasn't this. It took Tippi and Bleck dying to destroy the Chaos Heart).
You're giving another argument, that guy said "they argue the hearts erase the target" which almost no one ever argued that

If someone argued that then they're wrong, but I doubt it since some Sonic fans here seem to make shit up and ignore their own shit just to make Mario side look bad (as usually)
This basically happens in this fight script, although since it isn't actual research, you can argue it's exagerated.

My personal rank of the rematch choices is:
  1. Shadow VS Mewtwo
  2. Doomguy VS Master Chief
  3. Tracer VS Scout
  4. Terminator VS RoboCop
  5. Ninja Turtle Battle Royale
  6. Gaara VS Toph
  7. Zelda VS Peach
  8. Ben 10 VS Green Lantern
  9. Mario VS Sonic
  10. Yang VS Tifa
Everything below number 2 are matches of characters i don't care about/rematches that would be made just because angry fans want to see a different result

And yes, i know Doomguy would probably stomp Master Chief, but i see some potential on the fight animation and on it being a good episode despite the winner

Back