• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Giorno vs Joker was a bit weird, but I liked it more than I thought I was going to. The reason for Giorno's loss, while strange when it comes to how they used ASB and EoH as evidence, was at least fun. Like we all knew he had a 90% chance of losing, but at least they didn't just make it a horrific stat stomp. Some other stuff was strange too, like the entire setting and choreography of the fight was very weird (why are they in a throne room? why did that make Giorno's life giving and life return abilities so massive in scale? why did Giorno not use his mental acceleration abilities at all?), and how they didn't give any stats for Giorno besides being FTL at all, but like I said I enjoyed it at least.

This Death Battle is awful, a hoax, worse than Omniman vs Bardock, worse than Toph vs Gaara, the worst Death Battle verdict of all time, how can my almighty omniversal king Giorno lose to gang violence? He just shot him and that's it, no theatrics or anything, he just killed Giorno by shooting him once. Where's the death loop? The willpower RTZ? The **** you mean Joker just shots Giorno to death ONCE and wins??? This is unbelievable, horseshit, I have never seen a Death Battle so wrong in all of my life. The wrongest Death Battle out of all the wrong Death Battles. "But the spin-offs! BUT the spin-offs!!" nobody plays the spin-off Jojo games, nuh-uh, doesn't count, not canon, do you think if GER would had lost to basic bitch reality warping, that Araki wouldn't have written that into part 5? He would have. But he didn't, so Giorno doesn't get cucjked by basic bitch reality warping. This cant be, this is impossible, the swank isnt real, the swank is fraudulent, swank gets your goat shot in an drive by shootout. I sitill cant believe this, is Giorno a fraud??? Thats impossible, that cant be, Giornos not a fraud, hes cool and he resets all actions to zero, that would have included joker. iT should have included joker. No, its death battle who are wrong. Giorno is unbeatable, omnipotent, no emo anime boy wank can touch him. This cant be. I am losing a bet and my cousin is already calling me to ask me for the money. That was the money I was planning on spending on my gacha games. If I pay this bet I would go like a week or two without gambling on gacha... or I could just run away. That's it, I am running away. If I change my name, house, identity, I woulnd't need to pay my debts heheheh
Holy Shit @Deidalius is on his villain arc
Yeah, I am on my villain arc rn.

0 exp is crazy ☠️ ☠️ ☠️

ucp2na8f1cxd1.png

@koopa3144 I see what you mean, but counterpoint: Eggman and Bowser being bros is one of the best things to come out of the Mario and Sonic Olympics series, and I want Death Battle to be good people by showing that bromance in the fight.

I mean didn't Bowser suggest he and Eggman go take in the sights of London in the London 2012 game? That's something that you don't just do if you hate each other.

Nintendo created Chris-Chan. And internet trolls.
Honestly, I don't think a single factor created Chris-chan. Like, I know for a fact that everyone on VSBW is atleast on the spectrum, but we have mostly normal lives. Chris-chan is, fortunately and unfortunately, an anomaly that could have only been created by the absolute soul-crushing combo of his parents, internet trolls, his autism, and where he is located. There is most likely not going to be another person like him.

why are they in a throne room? why did that make Giorno's life giving and life return abilities so massive in scale? why did Giorno not use his mental acceleration abilities at all?
It's in a throne room because it's a Persona thing, the premise is Joker is in Giorno's palace with the intent to change his heart. The room itself is a reference to JoJos with all the marble statues and the throne itself referring to the iconic ending where all stand beneath Giorno and GER.

As for the mental acceleration, it's weirdly presented but Giorno does that in the beginning (the part where it looks like Joker's getting RTZ'd despite no GER coming out). The reason why everything is likely bigger than Giorno's usual scale is likely them just having some fun with the palace setting since it lets some exaggerations come out, allowing Giorno more creative liberty than what he'd normally be capable of doing.

Honestly, I don't think a single factor created Chris-chan. Like, I know for a fact that everyone on VSBW is atleast on the spectrum, but we have mostly normal lives. Chris-chan is, fortunately and unfortunately, an anomaly that could have only been created by the absolute soul-crushing combo of his parents, internet trolls, his autism, and where he is located. There is most likely not going to be another person like him.
not to be a dumbass but you've quite literally listed some factors lol

not to be a dumbass but you've quite literally listed some factors lol
I guess I should have explained it better. Those factors individually wouldn't be enough to create him. There are people with autism, there are people with bad parents, and there are people who are trolled (sometimes justly, mostly not), and there are people in shitty locations. It was just the unique combo of all them that created Chris-chan.

I just thought of something morbid after you put VBW and Chris-Chan in the same sentence: there has been at least one person out there who has tried to power scale Sonichu and Chris' comic book universe.

I couldn't even begin to imagine the sheer insanity one must've experienced having to do something like that, because it would've meant having to sit down and actually reading those godforsaken pieces of literature.

Does JJK win all of it's most popular MUs? We've already seen Gojo beat Makima, much as I hate to say it I'm pretty sure EOS Yuji beats Denji (unless you believe he can't kill Pochita), and I think Sukuna wins all the MUs I've seen for him (though they're all relatively close).

Does JJK win all of it's most popular MUs? We've already seen Gojo beat Makima, much as I hate to say it I'm pretty sure EOS Yuji beats Denji (unless you believe he can't kill Pochita), and I think Sukuna wins all the MUs I've seen for him (though they're all relatively close).
There is one with Gojo Vs Ainz Ooal Gown (In fact, recently been seeing Gojo Vs Overlord often, but that could be bias)

No, Mahito vs Shigaraki factors on how you see their abilities interacting, however most people agree Mahito gets screwed due to how his abilities work and Shigi having unique counters to it based on what I've seen

Don't know who's Kenjaku's most popular matchup would be but if it's Urahara then he's just dead.

Not familiar with the rest of the cast's matchups

I just thought of something morbid after you put VBW and Chris-Chan in the same sentence: there has been at least one person out there who has tried to power scale Sonichu and Chris' comic book universe.

I couldn't even begin to imagine the sheer insanity one must've experienced having to do something like that, because it would've meant having to sit down and actually reading those godforsaken pieces of literature.
Would that even be allowed? It technically fanfiction and there are certain explicit scenes with real people (I might be misremebering but I think they were underage at the time)

No, Mahito vs Shigaraki factors on how you see their abilities interacting, however most people agree Mahito gets screwed due to how his abilities work and Shigi having unique counters to it based on what I've seen

Don't know who's Kenjaku's most popular matchup would be but if it's Urahara then he's just dead.

Not familiar with the rest of the cast's matchups
Totally forgot about Shiggy, but you're right.

I don't think I've ever seen someone even present a Kenjaku MU tbh.

As unlikely as it is, I kind of hope that Death Battle treats the interactions with Eggman and Bowser as if they're stead fast friends like they are in the Mario and Sonic Olympic games. Like I can see the set up for the fight being that Eggman and Bowser want to pit their armies against one another to give them experience in taking out their respective enemies (Sonic and Mario) before things eventually escalate.

I don't care if those games are non canon, Eggman and Bowser's friendship in the Olympic games is how it would go in an official crossover as far as I'm concerned.
Dude, they're gonna maim each other.

I've seen Kenjaku vs Makima.... but that's just a big ol NO from me lol, beyond that I haven't seen much since most of his stuff is just 'Average Manipulator/Genius in anime"
I love JJK, but Kenjaku ended up being one of the weaker elements of it's plot, IMO. I dunno if that's common sentiment, though, so that probably has nothing to do with his lack of MUs.

For Yuji vs Denji CSM just got a good bit of stuff in recent chapters but CSM is still cooking so I'd say its still a toss-up on who wins rn.

Back