• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Well yeah, but that one is almost an outlier in how obvious it was. We're talking tracks where those more specifically entuned to the source material can make it out.
Jailhouse Rocket, Forevermore, Secret Service, Hell Over Heaven, honestly Therewolf has a lot of tracks that just have plot moments in em. While Jack is the most obvious one, that doesn't discredit it as an example

Like seriously for OSTs:
  • Watch out Samurai ending on SJ theme lol
  • Ikari sounds like Blizzard from DBS
  • Heart of Light ends on Simple and Clean lol
  • Suit Yourself technically ends on Bats theme, but most of OST is based on AC/DC with lyrics on Tony challenging Bruce
  • Princes of Pride is viking rock lol
  • Hedge of Tomorrow probably ends on some 06 theme part?
  • Not Actual Size ends on pseudo-flight of bumblebee-esque motif
  • Jailhouse Rocket is Hawaii themed
  • Solid State Invincible is a sequel track to Diabolical Invincible Me
And this is on short notice.

So regarding the song.

There's a section where the music feels like it's repeating the same tune over and over, until the song changes for the climax. That definitely feels in line with requiem using RTZ or even the death loop... and the muted moment afterwards could be Joker within the death loop finding the willpower to break out, which leads to whatever the climax does.

From a purely narrative standpoint, I'm leaning towards Joker winning from the song.

So regarding the song.

There's a section where the music feels like it's repeating the same tune over and over, until the song changes for the climax. That definitely feels in line with requiem using RTZ or even the death loop... and the muted moment afterwards could be Joker within the death loop finding the willpower to break out, which leads to whatever the climax does.

From a purely narrative standpoint, I'm leaning towards Joker winning from the song.
I can picture that in my head as a possibility, though i dont think its a unique thing really just in this, from songs i listened of diff genres, some do this at certain sections too in their ost

That leak of the full track does sound nice as hell, I just hope that the vocals are a little more clean on the final release version. Otherwise really have no complaints in the slightest.

Is Death Battle going to premiere the episode Live on Youtube?
If so, lol.

Millions of views means there's gonna be like, thousands of chatters.
If there's 1 million viewers in chat, & only 0.1% of them are chatting per second, that's 1,000 messages per second.
& even with like, 30 second slow mode, there'll be an abundance of people who can fill the chat in the moments where others cannot converse.

Then again, in my experience with YT live, the amount of simeultaneous viewers at once is more like, rarely more than 100,000 or so. (IIRC, TADC 3 got something like that.)
'course, TADC's chat was going a mile a minute, too, so if this gets even a fraction of that....

Point is, if Death Battle premieres Live with Live Chat, that chat is gonna explode into a scarcely coherent mess, lol.

Unrelated but The Presence surpassed TOAA on VSBW

Ga0C1M9boAAYuIm.jpg

You know what? Despite not caring about Joker vs Giorno, I'm going to just give my prediction on who wins:

I predict that Death Battle is going to say that Joker easily takes the stat trinity in every way feasible and that his various Personas and magical skills make him way more versatile then Golden Experience. However all those advantages will mean nothing when Golden Experience Requiem comes out and RTZ's Joker to death, with DB then trying to explain why Joker doesn't resist RTZ.

That's my bold prediction. I'd like to be proven wrong, truthfully, but I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if this ends up being a RTZ sweep.

You know what? Despite not caring about Joker vs Giorno, I'm going to just give my prediction on who wins:

I predict that Death Battle is going to say that Joker easily takes the stat trinity in every way feasible and that his various Personas and magical skills make him way more versatile then Golden Experience. However all those advantages will mean nothing when Golden Experience Requiem comes out and RTZ's Joker to death, with DB then trying to explain why Joker doesn't resist RTZ.

That's my bold prediction. I'd like to be proven wrong, truthfully, but I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if this ends up being a RTZ sweep.
I could possibly see that argument, but at the same time I don't see how they could argue that GER and Giorno could actually kill Joker with the massive stat gap. Unless they'd go with a BFR-style win condition with Joker never being able to leave the death loop, which I suppose is something you can argue even if I don't agree with it.

I could possibly see that argument, but at the same time I don't see how they could argue that GER and Giorno could actually kill Joker with the massive stat gap. Unless they'd go with a BFR-style win condition with Joker never being able to leave the death loop, which I suppose is something you can argue even if I don't agree with it.
Just turn off and boot up your console to go back to the last save you made, it's as easy as that

There's something I've always been a little curious about with Persona lore. With the way cognition/the collective unconscious works (or at least how I understand it to work), could fictional characters manifest as shadows in the metaverse (or the TV World, or whatever version of it you prefer)? Or to take it a step further, could a fictional character be someone's Persona?
I mean, any reasonably well-known fictional character would be an Archetype in-universe. (The only reason you would never see them in an actual game is due to copyright laws, though there are Demons who are clear parodies of popular movie characters in the older games, like Betelgeuse, Chris the Car, Audrey, and my personal favorites 'Zombie Mouse' and 'Demon Duck.')

In regards to the metaphysics, if a character is an Archetype, then the answer to both questions is 'yes.' Demons are just manifestations of Archetypes from the Kadath Mandala into 'lower' planes of reality. (Demons are erroneously referred to as 'Shadows' in Persona 5.) Personas are fusions of one's personal, individual Shadow with a particular Archetype. (This is also why Personas are equal to Demons in terms of power.)

Last edited:
Unrelated but The Presence surpassed TOAA on VSBW

Why can't they bring back Irrelevant speed on this site? I don't see how Omnipresence makes you fast, it seems more like an ability if anything.

Marvel vs Capcom Ryu doesnt scale to the 616 universe versions, marvel itself counts the crossover as an alternate universe, like many other alternate universes and the biggest feat is Galactus destroying the Earth of the crossover universe
Okay, that's somewhat reassuring. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't think there was a chance they would just scale it to 616 anyway, even if it makes no sense.

That sounds like duplicating yourself or Multilocation.
I believe that is the case with most omnipresent depiction in fictions nowaday.

But the true omnipresent, the "I am in nowhere, but also in everywhere. At no time and all time, at the same time" version, would mean that no matter how fast you run, the omnipresent being already at your destination, at your starting point, and of course, running along with you at your speed

Back