• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Save us Merged Zamasu 🙇🏿‍♂️.........even though your losing to Gorr 😭
What hope does Merged Zamsu even have at this point? Not only did Gorr fight against three Thors at once (with Thor himself beating a stronger Vegeta than the one Zamsu fought) but just two weeks ago he killed Phoenix Jean. She revives right after but he still had to overpower her to kill her in the first place.

I heard from a reddit post that that last of the 4 matchups could be from the TOC:

But considering Ben's statement about no one guessing it, it could be something completely detached from anything people have guessed. Would be cool if they did like Dark Schneider vs Lina Inverse or something, they haven't really talked about really old battleboard characters outside of GVS before.

They said the match we don't know yet is a TOC match and both Eren matches weren't on the lineup.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/285858832738025472/1298357354730885170/L8oMhRmC.jpg_large.jpg?ex=671a9683&is=67194503&hm=0f5315f96557af5b14f3f8c92dc4b177563ae5eae84ed7df9627eb96c4b8e9b3&
Well you can count out Gru vs Megamind and Hulk vs Godzilla since those are Kickstarter matchups. You can remove Tom vs Wile E. since that matchup already won. And you can probably remove Freddy vs Pennywise since they recently did a DBC on it and I doubt they'd do that if they were going to do the actual episode.

Well you can count out Gru vs Megamind and Hulk vs Godzilla since those are Kickstarter matchups. You can remove Tom vs Wile E. since that matchup already won. And you can probably remove Freddy vs Pennywise since they recently did a DBC on it and I doubt they'd do that if they were going to do the actual episode.
Well I don't the next episode is any TOC matchup since Ben would've probably seen it. And it would probably have to be a big one to be in t he season so I just threw out Dark Schneider vs Lina Inverse since their all aware of it even if they haven't talked about it because of legacy. Hell Liam made a TN for it forever ago and was recently a part of the Whats Cooking thread in the Discord.

Lina_Inverse_vs_Dark_Schneider.png

And Kratos vs Asura, that's not this year.

Really hope it's Wolf vs Scorpion, that would be cool. Though I do prefer the more obscure Grave vs Scorpion for connections.

Okay yeah nah, don't let Kiryu anywhere near this man. Town Level bruh lmao

Kiryu's my 🐐 but he ain't that guy.

...idk if this is legit but it exist

...idk if this is legit but it exist
Scaling Kiryu to Kenshiro is... certainly a choice. I don't know if most people would buy that, personally.

Some Redditor seemingly watched the Fireside chat and they told Joker's VA is Kevin Rivera and Giorno's is Kieran Riegan.

For VA tinfoil theories, its 50/50 since Kevin won as Dimitri and lost as Alex and Kieran seems new VA.

Ichiban has an overactive imagination, but Majima's stuff is always legit cause he's built different
I remember watching Pat (for those unaware) talking about that new Majima pirate game and he thought the shadow clones weren't real, and that they were a thing Ichiban just imagined. But then he remembered that no, Majima can actually just do that, because he did it in Yakuza 5. He's just him, simple as that.

I think the match was made cause "4th part series serial killers face eachother" or something like that.
Also because they are fundamentally opposites, with Kira striving for a quiet life in his killings and Adachi despising the quiet life creating his killings.

One's calculating in his kills, the other is literally just doing stuff because he feels like it. With their stories ending very differently with Kira either getting obliterated or becomes an amnesiac ghost (if you count DMQ) and Adachi simply going to jail and actually showing signs of improvement in P4 Arena and being adamant on atoning for his crimes.

Also because they are fundamentally opposites, with Kira striving for a quiet life in his killings and Adachi despising the quiet life creating his killings.

One's calculating in his kills, the other is literally just doing stuff because he feels like it. With their stories ending very differently with Kira either getting obliterated or becomes an amnesiac ghost (if you count DMQ) and Adachi simply going to jail and actually showing signs of improvement in P4 Arena and being adamant on atoning for his crimes.
And unfortunately, it'll be a fight carried by animation. No amount of Swan wank will save Kira from a Persona top tier. One Magatsu Mandala and he's dead.

Rivera sounded great in both roles though
Rivera's Dmitri sounded wrong in tone and was directed poorly, and while his role as Alex Mercer was fine, I don't recall Prototype being pointed to as some paragon of VAing anyway (in a 'lack of frame of reference'/obscurity kinda way).

I'll concede now that if this is him as Joker, it's serviceable and seems to be more his speed. The better part of my mind is still just salty knowing that DB Cast literally have Mobus on speed dial.

I heard from a reddit post that that last of the 4 matchups could be from the TOC:

But considering Ben's statement about no one guessing it, it could be something completely detached from anything people have guessed. Would be cool if they did like Dark Schneider vs Lina Inverse or something, they haven't really talked about really old battleboard characters outside of GVS before.

Well I don't the next episode is any TOC matchup since Ben would've probably seen it. And it would probably have to be a big one to be in t he season so I just threw out Dark Schneider vs Lina Inverse since their all aware of it even if they haven't talked about it because of legacy. Hell Liam made a TN for it forever ago and was recently a part of the Whats Cooking thread in the Discord.

Lina_Inverse_vs_Dark_Schneider.png
I remember the TN
Also legacy? While there characters that used to be tossed around in the old days of vs, I don't think these two had a heated debate rivalry especially when darsh been out against damn near any big name of the time

I truly don't get why that man decides to wank Jojo of all series.
I suppose it's not too out there to want your favorite verse to be represented as best as you think it can, but that does become an issue of conflict of interest when you're part of the biggest vs debating show on the internet

(1500x FTL Dio will always be just simply insane to me, however)

I meant to imply that the fight was always scuffed with stuff like that. As for audience reactions, I doubt it'll be unhappy since I haven't actually seen anyone genuinely believe Kira has a shot at winning this. I think the match was made cause "4th part series serial killers face eachother" or something like that.
I mean, I still see casuals saying its a Kira win, thats kinda where it matters most

Wait a minute, you're Mad Man/Redlinkkid on Twitter yeah? I've seen you lmao. Good to have you here however.

Back